Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Peak Resorts to Acquire Hunter Mountain $35M+

nepa
This post was updated on .
skimore wrote
Coach Z wrote
Life is too short to settle for mediocre skiing or bad beer.
If you truly subscribe to this why do you spend most of your time on a tilted ice rink?
or why haven't you moved out West yet?
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
The upgrades that WF have made to the snowmaking plant in the last 5-10 years have eliminated the ice face thing.  Our snow makers are world class . If you still call it that you haven't skied here recently.

I'm not just saying WF but Gore and the other NVT resorts also are superior to the Catskills.  This is not some crazy extreme position guys.  If you polled it the Daks and Northern Greens would win in a landslide over the Cats and Southern Greens.  

My guess is you guys are pissed off becuase you haven't skied yet and it's fricking raining.

I worked hard to get in a position to live here and I like my job which makes it happen.  My goal is to retire in Driggs ID and ski powder at Targhee.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Ok. So how about you take a pic each time at WF and post it in the conditions thread so we can view this quality stuff. Only would take a few seconds
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
The upgrades that WF have made to the snowmaking plant in the last 5-10 years have eliminated the ice face thing.  Our snow makers are world class . If you still call it that you haven't skied here recently.
When it takes till February to open Lookout, your snowmaking is not world class.  Sorry.

Coach Z wrote
My guess is you guys are pissed off becuase you haven't skied yet and it's fricking raining.
Actually I've skied twice already and I'm skiing a 3rd time this weekend.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
WHAT!!! eliminated the ice face thing? are we talking about whiteface? coach, get a brain scan quickly!
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Coach Z wrote
Not pissed... All in good fun Z.  No rain out here yet...We're in the midst of decent early season storm cycle... another foot on the East side by Saturday... 2-3 feet on the West side.  The majority of the Cascade areas should be in pretty good shape after this weekend.  

Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
Actually I've skied twice already and I'm skiing a 3rd time this weekend.
the Glademaster does no approve and questions your core-ness
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Holy fuckin high horse

skiing is just skiing AND there's no such thing as bad beer

I see that you have never had a bottle of Corona light.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Coach Z wrote

I'm not just saying WF but Gore and the other NVT resorts also are superior to the Catskills.  This is not some crazy extreme position guys.  If you polled it the Daks and Northern Greens would win in a landslide over the Cats and Southern Greens.  

I worked hard to get in a position to live here and I like my job which makes it happen.  My goal is to retire in Driggs ID and ski powder at Targhee.

You can join the Targheezers. It's a club there for old guys. I might beat you there. Targhee senior pass is some ridiculous low price, like, 350 or something.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Holy fuckin high horse

skiing is just skiing AND there's no such thing as bad beer

I see that you have never had a bottle of Corona light.
HAHAHA

There are 2 kinds of beer ---- cold and free. As long as it's one of those I wont complain.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Coach Z wrote
Coach is right on that^^.  The snowmaking and grooming crews at WF are top notch.  

The old "Ice Face" stereotype has about as much validity as the Hunter drunken Jersey Joey stereotype or "anything South of Glen's Falls is inferior."
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Adk Jeff wrote
Coach Z wrote
Coach is right on that^^.  The snowmaking and grooming crews at WF are top notch.  

The old "Ice Face" stereotype has about as much validity as the Hunter drunken Jersey Joey stereotype or "anything South of Glen's Falls is inferior."

So, you agree that WF should be called Ice Face?
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
Coach is right on 2 counts.   Snow quality improvement at WF rocks the last 4 or 5 years compared to prior period.  Also, us folks who ski NNY (WF and Gore) are spoiled.  Many times I think about trying the smaller areas in the Cats or the Dacks, as love the model of the smaller hill, but just can not pass up the product, vertical, and variety of WF and Gore.   I do go to Snow Ridge over the holidays to avoid the Gore crowds (those ten minute waits after Xmas).   Yes, we are spoiled.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Who in there right mind, would drive all the way up to ski Whiteface when they are notorious for having all the upper mountain lifts on Windholds, like most of the time.
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
This post was updated on .
both gore and whiteface have significantly improved their snowmaking over the last 10 years. using this blog as evidence, there are far fewer posts about gore snowmaking. several years ago, every week there were numerous posts about the lousy snowmaking and that any idiot could do a better job. it's amazing how new equipment has quelled these posts. whiteface, however, has to cope with a persistent and strong wind pattern which continues to scour the slopes down to an icy sheen. you can't deny this. i'm convinced that the winds blow the snow all the way into vermont as the whiteface glades are  usually boney, unlike the jay glades where the wind driven snow trends to pile up.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
good point, where do you think the Jay glades get their snow?  NYS taxpayers!
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
So liberal VT is redistributing Coach's snow?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
That was funny^^^^
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Peak Resorts to Offer Reciprocal Benefits to Season Passholders Following Acquisition of Hunter Mountain

Mount Snow, Vt. (Dec. 2, 2015) – After adding Hunter Mountain to its portfolio on Monday, Peak Resorts acted swiftly to ensure season passholders at the Catskills resort felt welcome to the family. The company announced today that all Hunter Mountain season passes would be valid at its flagship resort, Mount Snow in southern Vermont, every day but Saturdays through Sunday, Dec. 18, 2015.

“The proximity of these two resorts and the overlapping markets provide a huge opportunity for us to offer some wonderful benefits to the season passholders of both Hunter and Mount Snow,” said Jesse Boyd, vice president of operations for Peak Resorts.

Mount Snow season passholders will also be able to visit Hunter Mountain during the same time period.

After December 18th, season passholders from both mountains will be able to ski at the different properties, as well as the rest of Peak Resorts’ Northeast properties, at a discount. Hunter Mountain passholders will be eligible to receive the discounted benefits towards lift tickets offered on the Mount Snow Fan Fare Card at Mount Snow & Jack Frost/Big Boulder and the Vertical Value Card at New Hampshire properties Attitash, Wildcat and Crotched Mountain.  Peak Resorts northeast passholders will receive the discounted benefits offered on the Big Lift Super Saver Card at Hunter Mountain.

“We are excited about the opportunities we’ll be able to offer all our season passholders across all our Northeast resorts this year and moving forward,” said Greg Fisher, northeast director of marketing. “We are working on new pass upgrade opportunities with the addition of Hunter Mountain, as well as special passholder only events that we hope to announce soon,” added Fisher.

For more information about the new Peak Resort season long, season pass reciprocal privilege program, visit

peakresorts.com/peak-perks.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Yeah, well,that's the catch. Mt. Snow is included. Whoopee. And zero western terrain. Which, my guess is where 50% of Hunter skiers spend a portion of their ski budget.
funny like a clown