classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
324 messages Options
1 ... 6789101112 ... 17
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Plattekill Conditions

Ethan Snow
Yeah, I just saw that on on FB. What is it, 10" before they are supposed to call a powder day? We're supposed to get 4" overnight. You can't include the snow we recieved today, because today is a regular operation day, and it's already all tracked down. Plattekill may get 5", but highly doubt 10. I call BS.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
They call it at a foot and they say they've gotten that.  More to come tonight.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I think Plattekill can open whenever they like. What is there to call BS about?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Ridgerun
In reply to this post by Ethan Snow
Call it what you will, they're open tomorrow.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
In reply to this post by snoloco
Yeah, I know, I don't care if they got six feet today, It's all skied out, it's not a foot of powder. I think in all honesty, they got about 6" today which does not count, and they will get 4" tonight.

Hell, I don't care if they want to open. That's cool.  They should just change the description of a powder day, or not call it a powder Daize.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
I think Plattekill can open whenever they like. What is there to call BS about?

You're 100% correct. I probably jumped to a conclusion too quickly. However, if they advertise 12" of fresh powder for tomorrow,  that will be false advertising since the first 6-8" of it were already tracked out. Then I will call BS.
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
not even an issue. we are on a great 4-5 day window. enjoy it while you can. in this climate it could rain soon.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Maybe they're doing this opening even though it'll be partially tracked out because they have a rent event on Thursday and want to have a public opening before then.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
LOL Sno I like the sig.

I don't see the rules for a powder day on the website (I did look).

Can you link to it?
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Brownski
It was snowing like crazy at Bell today.  Had to send slippers down every couple racers to get the race in and still there were piles of pow on the course.

Had to get the race in as the States team is named after this race.  Normally that takes place today after the race in person but they will do it by internet Monday.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
It's fine that they are open, I just don't think they should be advertising it as a powder Daize, because it doesn't fit the description. I think it would be great both for the skiers, and the local employees if Plattekill was open all week, or maybe just Wednesday- Sunday or something like that.
Reply | Threaded
|

moguljunkie
In reply to this post by Harvey
I looked, too, and didn't see any mention of it on the website. It will be a powder day, although maybe a wee one. But more than ankle deep in the woods with big wind drifts doesn't sound so bad. I'm sure it will be a great day for whoever skis there.
Reply | Threaded
|

moguljunkie
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
It was snowing like crazy at Bell today.
Any problems with the high-speed quad today? I'll probably opt for Belle tomorrow...but will bring skins in case of windhold.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adrider83
I was at Platty today...it was sweet.  Woods were skiing really well.  Tomorrow will be great, especially if you follow where the wind is depositing snow....I hung out at the bar until 6...it started snowing heavily again in the evening, so I bet tomorrow will be good.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Adrider83 wrote
I was at Platty today...it was sweet.  Woods were skiing really well.  Tomorrow will be great, especially if you follow where the wind is depositing snow....I hung out at the bar until 6...it started snowing heavily again in the evening, so I bet tomorrow will be good.

Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
snoloco wrote
Does anyone have any idea if Plattekill will accept an ISKINY Gold Pass on a Powder Daize?  The website says no coupons accepted, but this pass has no blackout dates (except private clubs Hunt Hollow and Holimont that don't accept it when open for members only).  No blackout dates confirmed on the gold pass website, so it would be a breach of the contract for Plattekill not to accept it tomorrow.

https://www.iskiny.com/ski-deals/iskiny-gold-pass
Dude, do you have a gold pass? You're one lucky kid. My folks never would have sprung for something like that when I was in high school.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I used to have one.  11-12 and 12-13 were the years.  I go with a Ski3 now as that's almost exclusively where I ski.  I had a Hunter and MC pass from 13-14 to last year.  Glade has a gold pass and wants to use it at Plattekill tomorrow, and I asked that question to see I'd anyone knew if they'd take it on a powder daize.  My dad might get one next year instead of an ORDA pass, not really sure.  I'll stick with what I have now.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Just out of curiosity do you know which option cost the least and which the most?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
The two gold passes (one each for me and snodad) was definitely more than me being a dual citizen at Hunter and Mountain Creek.  My dad never got a MC pass.  Catch 22 is we rarely if ever went anywhere off the gold pass both the years we had them.  We did that quite a bit in the years after.  I only have paid to ski twice this year, and I got big discounts both times.  The rest were free or on my pass.  I pay for my own ticket when I go somewhere off my pass and I'm not with my family.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by moguljunkie
moguljunkie wrote
I looked, too, and didn't see any mention of it on the website. It will be a powder day, although maybe a wee one. But more than ankle deep in the woods with big wind drifts doesn't sound so bad. I'm sure it will be a great day for whoever skis there.
I think they took the mention down because they wanted to be able to open their mountain whenever it made sense to them without listening to a lot of flack about the "rules."  At 6am Laz reported 6 inches overnight. I don't understand arguments that say shouldn't open today.
1 ... 6789101112 ... 17