1 ... 5678910
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R.I.P. Greek Peak

gorgonzola
campgottagopee wrote
Hollenbecks opens tomorrow   
^this is a sure sign that all is right in the world.

you around in a few weeks for the fall pickynicky? trying to juggle some schedules to make it happen..
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
gorgonzola wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Hollenbecks opens tomorrow   
^this is a sure sign that all is right in the world.

you around in a few weeks for the fall pickynicky? trying to juggle some schedules to make it happen..
Yup. As of right now i have plans to go...gonna try and get the entire crew to go too
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Aggressive!!!!

Reply | Threaded
|

parris
Wow that appears to be a challenge to GP doesn't it?  Especially when I was speaking to GP about renewing my passes for the upcoming season and they stated that we were lucky that they weren't raising the pass prices as they felt that they did a very good job with conditions for the poor snow year.  I mentioned Elk in particular when they brought this up and their answer was that Elk got more snow than they did.  I live in the Binghamton area and can say that Elk didn't get any more snow than GP which I brought up to the person on the other end of the line.  I've never skied Song how is it?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Camp where did you find that?

Song Mountain has 700 vert. <Trail map in that link.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Harvey44 wrote
Song Mountain has 700 vert. Trail map in that link.
Jupiter

Otto

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
Camp where did you find that?

Song Mountain has 700 vert. Trail map in that link.
Twas sent to me in an email
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by parris
parris wrote
Wow that appears to be a challenge to GP doesn't it?  
I'd say so. Major props to the owner of Song for getting after this one.

parris wrote
  Especially when I was speaking to GP about renewing my passes for the upcoming season and they stated that we were lucky that they weren't raising the pass prices as they felt that they did a very good job with conditions for the poor snow year.
Really?!?!?!? They said that??? Amazing. I dare say THEY are lucky people are willing to RISK their hard earned money on buying a GP pass. If they raise prices people will jump ship for sure.

parris wrote
   I've never skied Song how is it?
Been a long time since I've skied there. Only real knock on the place is terrain is very limited....best 2 trails skimore posted pix of.....no glades
Reply | Threaded
|

parris
Yes the lady I spoke to on the phone said that they weren't raising prices as the season was challenging and they basically wanted to thank the season pass holders by not upping the prices this year.  During that phone conversation I brought up the differences between the conditions at GP and Elk. She repeatedly stated that given the differences of distance and terrain Elk very likely got more snow than GP did.  I pointed out that I live between both areas and that the entire region had essentially the same conditions but that Elk got the job done better.  

I also spoke to one of the Kreigers(sp) either February 4 or 11 as on that day I drove up and was pretty appalled at being able to see a substantial amount of brown on several of the trails from where we unload our gear.  I know that their condition reports are "optimistic" but it was shocking just how bad it was.  The response I got was that other areas had newer snow making equipment and like the lady I was speaking to stated that other areas due to geography and such had more snow to work with.  Our phone conversation was 15-20 minutes as he called my cell after I had spoken with one of the managers at the bottom of the hill and she actually took my number.

I like so many things about that hill but there's also these issues that just make you shake your head in frustration.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Been a long time since I've skied there. Only real knock on the place is terrain is very limited....best 2 trails skimore posted pix of.....no glades
There is tree skiing to be had
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
skimore wrote
campgottagopee wrote
There is tree skiing to be had
Yup, but unless things have changed nothing on the map...again, the last time I skied there was prolly 30 years ago.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by skimore
not on the map.......all the better

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
100% agree

Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
16 pages about Greek Peak??  WTF!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by parris
parris wrote
Wow that appears to be a challenge to GP doesn't it?  Especially when I was speaking to GP about renewing my passes for the upcoming season and they stated that we were lucky that they weren't raising the pass prices as they felt that they did a very good job with conditions for the poor snow year.  I mentioned Elk in particular when they brought this up and their answer was that Elk got more snow than they did.  I live in the Binghamton area and can say that Elk didn't get any more snow than GP which I brought up to the person on the other end of the line.  I've never skied Song how is it?
actually if  i remember correctly elk did get a few little dumpers that no one else in either pa or cny got last year. in any case theres no way you can even begin to compare gp snowmaking to elk. elk wins hands down on snowmaking and grooming almost to a fault, but other than tunk, i think i'd be bored out of my skull with the terrain and no woods policy very quickly and season pass cost 2x as much as greek...
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
not on the map.......all the better

looks nice ... 17 pages ?!?!?!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
16 pages about Greek Peak??  WTF!

Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
As far as the Song Mountain - $99 season pass for Greekpeak passholders who have a receipt... What is the "some restrictions apply??????? maybe some small print like - midweek only or some other catch??? Maybe blackout dates for holiday periods???
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Big D wrote
As far as the Song Mountain - $99 season pass for Greekpeak passholders who have a receipt... What is the "some restrictions apply??????? maybe some small print like - midweek only or some other catch??? Maybe blackout dates for holiday periods???
  Maybe no Snowridge reciprocity? Damn, I wish that place wasn't so far away. I've only been once, it was after a two foot dump, had to get pushed out of my parking spot. I didn't see any snow till I was almost there. It may only have 500ft of vert, but you get it all at once, unlike GP. Picture 1A starting at the bottom of Elysian Fields. The upside, small vert = short chairlift rides.  The upside of Tug Hill, more snow annually than Stowe.

Perhaps I'll play hookie sometime when they get dumped on. "Maybe he really is sick, it didn't snow last night." I'm not sure what I'll do for the 2013-2014 season. Will anyone feel comfortable giving GP money up front? Maybe I'll try a season without a pass, I was buying passes for Platty for $18.75 last year, may still be available. Might swallow hard and get an Elk pass. I bet this Song deal will be in place. It would add forty miles for me to ski Song over Greek.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
The Ridge is worth the excursion after LES , we usually hit it 3/4 times a season , but we also get some nice stuff at Titus from the Titus cloud ytoo, either way it's all good. But Cornhead is right at the Ridge it's all in one shot 500 vert of continuos fall line and beau coup yo yo. Skiing
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
1 ... 5678910