classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
194 messages Options
1 ... 678910
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R.I.P. Greek Peak

ml242
Digging those trees. Is that GP or Tug Hill?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
ml242 wrote
Neither. I believe they're from a ridge near Song...looks like Mount Toppin area but not 100% sure
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
campgottagopee wrote
ml242 wrote
Neither. I believe they're from a ridge near Song...looks like Mount Toppin area but not 100% sure
No, its immediately adjacent to one of the trails
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
woa new gp site design with a link to the road on the home page

http://greekpeakmtnresort.com/time-to-think-about-skiing/
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Dang...nice job GP, wicked nice job!!! Step in the right direction..i dig it

Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Hey Cornhead, and everybody... Just wondering if anybody knows Walt... he skis at GP a lot and is always pushing TCSC (triple cities ski club) - he has a horn on his ski pole and if he sees someone he knows from the lift he honks his horn. Anyways I saw him last month at the Chris Thater bicycle races in Binghamton at the TCSC booth and he said He was a GP ski instructor now - lol... hey Cornhead if Walt can be a ski instructor you could too.

PS. Cornhead are you thinking about going to the Plattekill work bee on Oct. 14th??? you get a lunch on the deck and a free voucher for 1 free lift ticket.

Yea the new GP ski website does look good... before a facial/manicure thing would be on the front page instead of skiing stuff.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Nice looking web site, but isn't the URL a bit on the long side?  What were they thinking?  It also looks like they have web sites for the ski area, lodge, and adventure center.  Are three web sites really necessary?  Vail only has one web site, and it seems to serve them well.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Uh oh, Walt is going to become an instructor? That could be the KOD for GP.  

I thought about attending Platty's work day, mostly just to see where the work is taking place. If the discounted tickets become available again through FOX 40, it'll be cheaper than the gas to get to Platty and back. It'd be fun to watch the mt bikers. It'd be fun to do the mt biking.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
What the hell are you doing posting at 3AM????

You gonna make skiers pic-a-nic???
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
In reply to this post by Cornhead
Cornhead, the Plattekill work day is like the Mastercard commercial....
I mean, I will spend more than $50 on gas but that's basically the ticket and lunch, right? And setting up a new glade and meeting dedicated skiers that are into getting dirty to make plattekill sweeter?

Add it up and it is PRICELESS!

p.s. The GP site does look nice and I like the plug.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
This post was updated on .
ml242 wrote
Cornhead, the Plattekill work day is like the Mastercard commercial....
I mean, I will spend more than $50 on gas but that's basically the ticket and lunch, right? And setting up a new glade and meeting dedicated skiers that are into getting dirty to make plattekill sweeter?

Add it up and it is PRICELESS!

p.s. The GP site does look nice and I like the plug.
Yeah, it does sound like a good time, hey it was 3.09 am. I fell asleep early and woke up in the middle of the night. Then it was, do I just stay up and go to work, or get an hour and a half more sleep? I slept, I think you're more tired doing that when you do wake up. So, count me in. You wana go Big D? Hell I bought a helmet for the purpose of skiing more trees, a bit of a moot point last year. It came in handy on a crash on a trail, think I would have at least gotten a headache without it.

Hey, page 18 on the GP thread! Epic, just like GP! I'll miss it when it's gone. Maybe I'll hike it and reminisce.

campgottagopee wrote
What the hell are you doing posting at 3AM????

You gonna make skiers pic-a-nic???
Is this the Fall Fethsdival? I didn't plan on it.

This guy scares me.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
page 18 page 18 page 18

don't B scared CH...pretty sure U could take him in a fair fight
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Not sure what was going on at HLL over the weekend but the place was SLAMMED w/cars....good to C
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
didn't make it over to hll but we did our wine trail weekend over at seneca lake, the wineries and watkins glen were hoppin' - busy place ya got there in the ol cny!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I saw your boozin pix on FB, looks like you guys had a blast!!!!

u makin it up for the weekend???? I can't go to pic-a-nic (guys on vacaton this week so i hafta work, damn) but may be able to hook up in the bar later if you'll b around.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
50/50 at this point - i was hoping to hit shinny for a ride then the picnic but kids stuff may trump biking and drinking.... again, damn kids may have to stay local. i'm bummed i didn't make it up all summer
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Yikes... saw this on WBNG TV website about the skiers picnic on Sat. 10/13/12. The clown guy surely is not using real knives????

Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Big D wrote
Yikes... saw this on WBNG TV website about the skiers picnic on Sat. 10/13/12. The clown guy surely is not using real knives????

Yikes....is that a drug sniffing dog at a skiers picnic?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
LOL way more scared of that clown!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Nothing really new other than Al trying to reassure everyone that GP is here to stay.

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story/Despite-filing-for-bankruptcy-Greek-Peak-ready/dqpn_d1Es0Clo6bTaE5L_w.cspx

“We do have to rebuild the confidence of our customers that we’re going to be here, we’re going to be in operation going forward, so if they buy season passes and programs for the season that we are in fact going to be here,” said Peak Resorts President Al Kryger.

Jay Peak builds a water park and lowers their pass price---GP builds one and goes belly up
1 ... 678910