RIP Winter

31 messages Options
TheGreatAbyss TheGreatAbyss
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

RIP Winter

Well that's it folks.  The big orange buffoon put the final nail in the only meager effort the world could muster to at most slow the effects of climate change.  If the US and developing countries like India pull out and start spewing as much sh*t into the atmosphere as possible, our past time is coming to an end real fast.

I'll give Gore about 15 more years of viability, Whiteface upper mountain about 20.  Cats and south maybe 10?  Beyond that I'm doubtful.  We got lucky this winter with a few big storms, but at Gore almost all of them were at around 30 degrees.  A couple of degree warmer and it would have been 15-16 all over again.

As he would say:  "sad"
Marcski Marcski
Reply |

Re: RIP Winter

Come on, we're in good company now: Syria, Nicaragua and the USA.  
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by TheGreatAbyss
It's hard to see how this is really OFF TOPIC in a winter sports forum, but it's also hard for me to imagine this thread, staying a-political. So I'm moving it.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by TheGreatAbyss
I'm extremely disappointed in our president. I believe him to be incredibly selfish, but even in that context I don't get it.

I'm hoping for a silver lining, that this move will galvanize action.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
D.B. Cooper D.B. Cooper
Reply |

While I disagree with the decision, I do think that this and the Kyoto Protocol are overrated.  Kyoto targets were never going to be met.  Governments think about the next election cycle, not 20 years down the road.

As I've previously mentioned, "saving" the environment should be sold as a business decision and a paradigm shift for the economy, not for the sake of saving <fill-in-the-blank-species>.

BTW, Canada sent about 300 delegates to the Paris meetings.  How much carbon did that create?
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

RIP Winter my ass! It was 34 degrees in the valley this morning

where the hell is summer ---- Jason?!?!??????
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

In reply to this post by D.B. Cooper
D.B. Cooper wrote
.  Governments think about the next election cycle, not 20 years down the road.
Don:t you think this is a problem? If any entity should be focused 20 (30, 50, 100) years down the road, shouldn't it be government?

campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

TheGreatAbyss TheGreatAbyss
Reply |

raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

Maybe situational circumstances and the market will dictate the direction we go with clean energy regardless of our involvement in the Paris agreement?

Or should we just be reactionary and cry about the sky is falling first?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/paris-agreement-or-not-solar-employment-looking-brighter-than-coal-2017-06-02