Rail-trail decision for Lake Placid scenic RR

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
44 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Rail-trail decision for Lake Placid scenic RR

endoftheline
As for the Rail/Trail subject, I favor taking out the rails all the way to Old Forge. I am not a serious biker and haven't been on a snowmobile in 40 yrs but I think economically the bike trails make much more sense.  I did ride the sightseeing train once back in 1980 or so from Placid to Tupper in the fall, leaves were nice but the overall scenery wasn't much to write home about.
With the tracks out between Tupper and Placid I think it will attract a lot of bikers, especially from the State camp site at Fish Creek.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
WTF?!

http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/news/local-news/2017/09/judge-sides-with-railroad-annuls-state-plan-to-replace-tracks-with-trail/

Judge rules that the rail has to stay because it is "historically significant"? What a crock of shit.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Ah life in the park. Nothing ever gets done but a shit ton of money gets spent not doing it.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Thank godness for BETA. Without the thousands of hours of volunteer time they put in very little infrastructure would of gotten built over the last five years!  50 miles of single track in less than 8 years.  No lawsuits.  What a ROI for the State!
I ride with Crazy Horse!