classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
201 messages Options
12345 ... 11
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Reports from The Land Of NAZ, 18/19

raisingarizona
Ok, one more post on my silly farming turns effort. Snowbowl has a pic of it on their home page on their website now.

And one last pic of my own and I swear I’m letting this go....:D

Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
How did you keep that little untouched patch all to yourself?
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
It's a tiny little slope that requires ducking a rope and traversing with a bit of sidestepping to get to right under the lift. Then it takes a short 1 minute sidestep to get back to the lift. It's sort of silly and extremely high profile. Again, I was super bored. The hill also sits right across from the main lodge and management offices so I sort of new it was going to hit teh social media.

I was doing hiking laps originally right up the one open ski run, patrol and courtesy patrol all stopped to see what I was up to. I'm pretty close with 99% of patrol so they let my slide.

Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
A work of
raisingarizona wrote
 It's sort of silly and extremely high profile. Again, I was super bored. The hill also sits right across from the main lodge and management offices so I sort of new it was going to hit teh social media.

I

It's a work of art!
The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
This past week has been just stunning here at the Arizona Snowbowl. These are all from today.

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Very nice, sign me up.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
This post was updated on .
Between your snowfarming photo and some of these, you should barter your photos for a season pass.

That first pic of the chair in the alpineglow with the inversion is stunning.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Marcski wrote
Between your snowfarming photo and some of these, you should barter your photos for a season pass.

That first pic of the chair in the alpineglow is stunning.
Thanks Marcski, I’ve been trying for that but unfortunately they just fired my main connection who I was starting to develop a good relationship with. My daughter scored a pass this year which we really appreciate. I’ve done a lot of media stuff over the years, it may be time to start talking directly with Durango. The AZSB GM and I don’t exactly get along.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
I’m a lifer.

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
raisingarizona wrote
I’m a lifer.
Spectacular.

Those trees are incredible by EC standards. Years ago I skied in the Tahoe area during a low-snow year. Being from the East, I thought the conditions were pretty good. I remember standing at the top of run, looking up and wondering what the ring of marks in the bark was caused by. They were consistently about 12 feet up. Some mysterious Tahoe woodpecker? It eventually dawned on me that they were caused by people knocking snow off their skis during a normal snow year. Unreal.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Thanks SBR. Those trees are pretty good when we have some snow. Right now our natural base is probably around 25 inches, not enough for safe tree skiing here and the ten day is looking high and dry.

To be completely honest......I’m stoked! I’ve been way more hyped for trail building than skiing this year. I should be able to get a bunch more days in now on our project before the snow really flies.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
With no new snow we are back at the trail building!

Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
5 star day in Sedona today. 65 degrees and sunny. Today was my first ride since August.

Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
what did you ride?
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
raisingarizona wrote
Today was my first ride since August.
How did that feel?  
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
It felt pretty good actually. I did a fairly easy ride as far as Sedona riding goes. My arse is a bit sore.

Rode- Chuck Wagon > Mescal > Long Canyon > Dead Mans Pass > Aerie > Cockscomb > Aerie > Dead Mans Pass > Mescal > Canyon Of Fools > OK Trail > Arizona Cypress > Snake > Girdner > back to Boynton Pass Road and my car.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Nice.  Two weeks off my bike and I feel like I'm going to vomit even doing an easy ride.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
I get that for sure but somehow I was ok. I’m a super lazy mountain biker to be honest unless it’s steep and nasty, then I get after it. It’s kind of like my skiing I guess. I’m ok with that. :D

Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Sedona is pretty rad. It’s like a mini Zion NP but you get to mountain bike in it!

12345 ... 11