Roll Call

29 messages Options
Harvey Harvey
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Roll Call

{TESTING ONE TWO THREE... SCREACH... is this mike on...}

One of the current limitations of the Forum is the lack of a customized profile.  You get an avatar and a signature, but there no place for you to personalize your profile. Yet. Use this thread for anything you'd like to say about yourself, as it relates to skiing, the mountains, the outdoors,etc.  You can edit your posts so don't be shy - make your profile a work in progress.

I'm Harv. This picture, taken by Jamesdeluxe, was an early season day at Hunter. But I'm a Gore skier.

Right now I get 35 days in a good year, but I'm a 100-day wannabe.

25 days are likely to be at Gore Mountain. Other days come at Whiteface, Belleayre, Plattekill. Maybe some VT.

Really want to hit Hickory and Big Tupper.

Love to tele in the trees. And recently, bumps.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Adk Jeff Adk Jeff
Reply |

Re: Roll Call

I'm Jeff, and I ski almost exclusively at Gore.  At least that's how it worked out last winter.

Highpeaksdrifter Highpeaksdrifter
Reply |

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Powderqueen Powderqueen
Reply |

I like Gore, but the slides on Whiteface ROCK!!!

I ski wherever it makes sense.
Jamesdeluxe Jamesdeluxe
Reply |

I ski a third of my 28-ish days per year in the Catskills.  I'll go wherever the crowds ain't.

Belleayre: Late March 2008
x10003q x10003q
Reply |

I mostly ski Gore with some Whiteface/Plattekill/Hunter/Bellayre mixed in. Harv took this shot of me on Lies in March.
P.MAC P.MAC
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
I'm PMac and like Harv, I get in about 30 days a year but I'm a 100 day wannabe. 75% of my days are at Gore, a couple a year at Whiteface and about 6 at Camelback in PA cuz it's only an hour from my home. Try to hit somewhere in Colorado or Canada every year or two. Pic below is from Whistler, BC in April 06. I'm a cruiser and early morning corduroy on Twister is as good as it gets for me.

PMac at Whistler

Zelda Zelda
Reply |

Hi. I'm Zelda. These days we ski almost exclusively at Gore.

I'm an advanced beginner who is starting to crunch through some expert terrain. Recently I found myself liking bumps too.

I like challenging myself and learning new things...

Lies • March 6, 2010
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

I'm Matt, Geologist and part time Ski Instructor (Alpine and Tele).

I average about 60 days a year, but I wish it was more.  I'm up at Gore every powder day, but I this past year I took NY trips to Whiteface, West, Hunter, Royal, and Willard.  I did some VT and ME mountains too.  Every year I plan a trip out west, and every year I don't have enough money.  This might be due to a slight gear obsession.

My new thing this summer is Mountain Biking.  I've been cruising around NY and VT finding new places to ride.  I'm finding that it's similar to skiing in a lot of ways (line selection, coordination of body parts, anticipation, balance), and I think I'm in the best shape I've been in for years.  

Every winter, I do my best to make it the best ski season ever.  Let's hope this one is.
GoofyRider GoofyRider
Reply |

I'm Josh.  This is me off the Chatiemac ridge somewhere.  First year pass holder at Gore/WF this past season and trying to save up for pass #2!

I got out around 20 times this year to Gore, WF, and 2 weekend trips to Jay.  Looking forward to all the new stuff at Gore this year.