classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
53 messages Options
ck1
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scarpa T2x vs new T1, T2 Eco

ck1
I think you'll be happy.  I look forward to your review after the first test. Tucks?

I am looking for some T4s myself. Does anyone know if these run true to size? I have old bumblebee T1s (Mondo 28.5) and a street 11.5 but I feel like I could go smaller. My current boots are so packed out it's hard to tell.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
ck1 wrote
I think you'll be happy.  I look forward to your review after the first test. Tucks?

I am looking for some T4s myself. Does anyone know if these run true to size? I have old bumblebee T1s (Mondo 28.5) and a street 11.5 but I feel like I could go smaller. My current boots are so packed out it's hard to tell.
Thanks ck... you gave me the encouragement I needed to take the plunge.

I bought a pair of T4s this year. I've been a Scarpa 27.5 through three pairs of boots now.  It seems that I can wear a thicker sock in the T4s and maybe they are a little looser. They don't have the heat moldable liner.

Looser isn't really bad in the T4s at least for what I am using them for.

Tux.  Mmmm. Dreamin. Or maybe K. Really want to ski again this spring.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Harvey wrote
Z.
New custom soles?
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Yeah, those look like the standard scarpa ones.

Harvey, can you save those for me if you don't have a use for them?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
ml242 wrote
Yeah, those look like the standard scarpa ones.
True. The T2s were inside the box getting molded.

I think I need them.

I'm thinking I shoulda got the T1s. I saw them but they didn't have my size.

The T2s just feel flimsier than my old pair.

Trying to decide whether to ski them or try to return or sell them for something.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I didn't ski the T2s at Killington. On the way back from Mad yesterday I stopped into Inside Edge and returned them - full credit toward T1s when they come in.  

Rich said they run narrower, but that he was the master (he is!) and would guarantee they would be comfortable.

Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Harvey wrote
I didn't ski the T2s at Killington. On the way back from Mad yesterday I stopped into Inside Edge and returned them - full credit toward T1s when they come in.  

Rich said they run narrower, but that he was the master (he is!) and would guarantee they would be comfortable.

Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
The T1s have made me more top-to-bottomish than before, so that is good.  I get less leg burn, and lets face it, I ain't in better shape than last year so it kinda has to be the boots.

Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Harvey wrote
The T1s have made me more top-to-bottomish than before, so that is good.  I get less leg burn, and lets face it, I ain't in better shape than last year so it kinda has to be the boots.

Makes sense if you think about it, right? They are taller and stiffer so they would transfer your foot's movements to the ski more efficiently than your older, softer, shorter boots.
ck1
Reply | Threaded
|

ck1
On a related note... How are you liking the T4s? What's the ski and binding setup and what type of terrain are you using them for?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
ck1 wrote
On a related note... How are you liking the T4s? What's the ski and binding setup and what type of terrain are you using them for?
I love the T4s. Love them.

Is it possible to call it an impulse buy when you've wanted to do it for two years?  Today we bought my wife the same Rossi BC, Voile Switchback, T4 setup at Garnet Hill. (They have every size it seems.)  If you are a cross country skier who want to crank turns on the downhill. IMO can't be beat.  They can kick and glide ok and turn pretty good.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Marcski
Marcski wrote
Harvey wrote

Makes sense if you think about it, right? They are taller and stiffer so they would transfer your foot's movements to the ski more efficiently than your older, softer, shorter boots.
Agree it totally makes sense. Very pumped about it.

I wore them very loose today and still felt like I got great performance.