classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
37 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Season Pass Prices 15-16

snoloco
This post was updated on .
Let's compare what different ec mountains are charging for passes.  I'll list them from greatest to least price.  Price listed is the current price of a full, unrestricted, adult season pass with the most benefits.

Stowe:  1,709
Okemo:  1,499
Stratton:  1,239
Sugarloaf:  1,149
Killington:  1,119
Sugarbush:  1,099
Mount Snow:  1,029
Windham:  1,029
Sunday River:  999
Jiminy Peak:  800
Hunter:  799
ORDA Ski3:  759
Jay Peak:  749
Belleayre:  669
Plattekill:  639

I think I've got a good list here.  Any info you want to add post it below and I'll edit it into this post.

Thoughts on what the prices are are also appreciated.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Season Pass Prices 15-16

Thehof
Plattekill $639
"No Falls=No Bslls
Reply | Threaded
|

Lateski
In reply to this post by snoloco
I already bought my Ski3 for next season, I think it's a great deal.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
What you doin sno?

To me the deals are Sugarbush, Ski 3, Plattekill and Jay if you don't count the distance.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Factor in length of season, willingness to blow tons of snow, and throw in Pico and Killington sounds pretty good. Can't complain about Gore/WF though. Got my pass down to $15 and change per visit this season. The 3 on the Ski3 is irrelevant to me in that I will never ever get to Bellayre. I can understand the value for downstaters though.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Pico... is there a separate Pico pass? That sounds cool.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
Killington midweek with blackouts at 439 is the best deal in my book, but, I'm not working anymore. Much.  Gore midweek is cheaper, but, shorter season. And stupid midweek lift closures.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by Harvey
Also, I don't know that I can refer to anything on this list as a "deal" when I know that the Epic Pass exists in this world.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
We re-upped for our Platty passes already.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
Also, I don't know that I can refer to anything on this list as a "deal" when I know that the Epic Pass exists in this world.
Was really thinking of them in relation to each, and where I ski.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote

The game changer in my life will be when Vail buys a decent mountain in the East.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Harvey wrote
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
I hear ya. Just sort of daydreaming about getting to do that someday. Benny did you do the Epic when you were out West this Winter?
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
Harvey wrote
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
I hear ya. Just sort of daydreaming about getting to do that someday. Benny did you do the Epic when you were out West this Winter?

Epic Local, Colorado Super Pass, and Mountain Collective. That's about 1250 for a ridiculous amount of skiing.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Harvey wrote
What you doin sno?

To me the deals are Sugarbush, Ski 3, Plattekill and Jay if you don't count the distance.
I will have the same setup I had this year.  My dad and I both have passes at Hunter and I have one at Mountain Creek so I can go after school.

We considered switching to Windham, but it costs 800 dollars more and isn't a better experience than Hunter.  Put it this way.  Let's say we are willing to spend 2000 dollars a year on tickets and passes.  If we get passes at Hunter, it costs about 1,100 dollars and we have 900 left to spend on different mountains.  Get passes at Windham, and we only have 100 dollars left.  With Hunter, we will be more willing to see different mountains if it means less days on our pass than if we were at Windham.

We never considered a ski3 pass.  We're mostly going to the Catskills and Belleayre is mediocre at best when compared to Windham or Hunter, even if you get to go to Whiteface or Gore more often.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
OT: Benny would like to hear about the highlights of your year.

Maybe a new thread if you are so motivated.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Harvey wrote
OT: Benny would like to hear about the highlights of your year.

Maybe a new thread if you are so motivated.

Thanks, but, a bit meh. As most know, it didn't snow a lot. I never had a bottomless day. Just 4-5 inches on crust every week or so. I had a hard time breathing at first, of course, but that was enhanced by a deep cough/cold in my fifth week. Got most of my lost mojo to cube life back by the end of March, but then I screwed up my knee, which may be excellent timing, considering.
I had the most fun during a week we spent at Jackson. Started with five inches, and stayed cold. Awesome mountain that doesn't let you fake it. And we stayed right at the base in the Alpenhof, right next to the tram. I want to spend some time there. Senior(65) pass is 800 if you buy early. That's not too bad.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Among the other factors to consider are kids' passes.  At Sugarbush, kids under 12 season passes are free with a paid adult.  So for my family, passes to the 'Bush works out to be the same coinage as a Gore/WF pass:

Bush:     2 x $1099 plus 2 x $0 = $2198
Gore WF:  2 x $759 plus 2 x $299 = $2116

If only the 'Bush were an hour closer...
Then again, I said something to Daniel like "wouldn't it be cool to have the 'Bush as our home mountain?" when we skied there a week ago, and despite the awesome time he was having that day he was still like "No way Dad, Gore's way cooler."  So there you have it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
snoloco wrote
Harvey wrote
What you doin sno?

I will have the same setup I had this year.  My dad and I both have passes at Hunter and I have one at Mountain Creek so I can go after school.

We considered switching to Windham, but it costs 800 dollars more and isn't a better experience than Hunter.  Put it this way.  Let's say my Dad is spending 2000 dollars a year on tickets and passes.  If we get passes at Hunter, it costs about 1,100 dollars and my Dad has 900 left to spend on different mountains.  Get passes at Windham, and my Dad has only has 100 dollars left.  With Hunter, we will be more willing to see different mountains if it means less days on our pass than if we were at Windham.

We never considered a ski3 pass.  We're mostly going to the Catskills and Belleayre is mediocre at best when compared to Windham or Hunter, even if you get to go to Whiteface or Gore more often.
Fixed it for ya.

There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

skunkape
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
snoloco wrote
Harvey wrote
What you doin sno?

Fixed it for ya.
I would love to get a Ski3 next year, but don't have any base of operations that far north. After 3 years at Belleayre, my kids know the mountain inside and out. I really don't see what people like about Hunter, it is overcrowded, frequently boilerplated during cold weather, and nothing on the sides of the trails to play around on....

The Vail epic pass is cheap because once you are on a Vail property, you are going to spend a crapload more money no matter what. I agree that it is a terrific deal, and would love to do more destination riding next year.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
15-16 pass prices out here will be significantly lower.  If you buy before 04/30 at Mission Ridge, the cost of an unlimited pass is only $275.  All of the other WA state areas are offering similar pricing for renewals.