I do this every year just so I can remember what happened (helps me write) and also to push myself towards my goal of 35+ days. Feel free to add your own info if you like, make snide comments or cheer me on.
IMO best if you post once an keep updating. Keeps the thread short and makes it easier to find people.
LETS KEEP YOUR ACTUAL SKI DAY COUNT TO ONE POST.
Day 01 - 11/09/19 - Killington - Mellow bumps and soft snow on Dipper, Rime and Great Northern
Day 02 - 12/01/19 - Gore - Skiing the whales on Showcase and Sleighride with ED
Day 03 - 12/02/19 - Hunter - Thanksgiving Monday POW - 18 inches
Day 04 - 12/07/19 - Plattekill Opening Day POW - 20+ inches
Day 05 - 12/22/19 - Greek Peak - Poach and Schralpfest
Day 06 - 12/26/19 - Neve Night Ski, Burgey Hill
Day 07 - 12/27/19 - Gore NTN Debut
Day 08 - 12/28/19 - Gore Firm NTN ripping
Day 09 - 01/05/20 - Gore Mountain Pow Trees awesome
Day 10 - 01/08/20 - McCauley Powder Odyssey - Top 10 Lifetime
Day 11 - 01/11/20 - NYSkiBlog 8th Annual Meeting at Plattekill
Day 12 - 01/18/20 - HQ Night Ski with Scott
Day 13 - 01/19/20 - Gore Mountain Low Tide Pow, plus full HQ PM trackout
Day 14 - 01/27/20 - Scottski Bday at Hunter
Day 15 - 02/03/20 - Plattekill Double Side All Natch
Day 16 - 02/15/20 - Harvey Woods
Day 17 - 02/16/20 - Ski Bowl, BR and Gore Milestones for N
Day 18 - 02/16/20 - Ski Bowl, BR and Gore Morning
Day 19 - 02/21/20 - Harvey Woods Upper Flats
Day 20 - 02/22/20 - Burnt Ridge and Gore Trees with EDeO! Harvey Wood Yellow Trackout Night.
Day 21 - 02/23/20 - Gore Trees AM with Bobby K.
Day 22 - 02/28/20 - McCauley Crazy Friday POW.
Day 23 - 02/29/20 - Gore Trees with Soule(s).
Day 24 - 03/01/20 - Harvey Woods full trackout, except Lower Yellow.
Day 25 - 03/08/20 - Plattekill Spring Party
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Day 1. 11/9/19 Pine Knob. Only 2 ways down, but the snow was good, the skiing was fun and the beer was cold.
Day 2. 11/16/19. Caberfae Peaks,Mi. Great opening day. Packed powder, sunshine, 32 degrees and very little wind
Started way sooner than expected. Plan is VA or NC until late Jan, then Rockies in Feb, and usual Alta Lodge stay in April.
1: 11/16/19, Bryce, VA - Opening Day, Indy Pass, first time ever
2: 12/8/19, Cataloochee, NC - Annual Can-U-Ski Food & Coat Drive, first time ever
3: 12/9/19, Cataloochee, NC - Indy Pass w/ local friend
4-10: Jan. 5-11, Massanutten, VA - just a few hours each day, with college-age daughter, season pass Sun-Fri, Indy Pass Sat
11-14: Jan. 17-21: Massanutten, VA - MLK weekend, a little rain followed by 24-hour snowmaking, Indy Pass Sat
15-16: Jan. 23-24, Massanutten, VA - Paradice & Upper Showtime open!
17-23: Feb. 1-7, Taos, NM - Request Ski Week (6 morning lessons with 3 friends, all advanced), Ikon 7 of 7
24: Feb. 9, Deer Valley - checked out tree areas, Ikon 1 of 7
25-26: Feb. 10-11, Alta - midweek Alta pass
27: Feb. 12, Solitude & Brighton - Ikon 1 of 7 for both, first time on the Sol-Bright connector trails
28: Feb. 13, Alta
29-31: Feb. 15-17, Steamboat - Ikon 1-3 of 7, 18 inch snowstorm on Sun of Pres. Day weekend
32: Feb. 18, Howelsen Hill - $15 for "First Tracks' 11:00-1:00 (opens at 11:00 Tue-Fri)
33: Feb. 28, Wintergreen AM, Massanutten PM - $47 Wgreen from friend's 4-pack, Mnut pass; daytime temps in the 20s!
34: Feb. 29, Bryce AM, Massanutten PM - Indy Pass #2, Mnut pass (after 4pm); daytime temps in the 20s!
35: March 1, Massanutten - Mnut pass; 29º at 8:30am, 49º after lunch
Day 1 - 11/17/19 - Greek Peak. First time skiing before Thanksgiving.
Day 2 - 12/2/19 - Greek Peak. Pow day.
Day 3 - 12/22/19 - Greek Peak. Lots of untracked with Harv & Steve.
Day 4 - 2/13/20 - Greek Peak. 2” of fresh but heavy.
Day 5 - 2/21/20 - Greek Peak. Fast & firm bluebird day.
Day 6 - 3/7/20 - AZ Snowbowl
Ski the snow on the ground, not the date on the calendar. - Glenn Plake
Day 3.11/23/2019 Caberfae Peaks ,Mi
No new terrain open since last week. We had a warm up and some rain in the middle of the week. They did make snow Friday night to help build some base on the runs that are open. Day 4 11/29/19 Caberfae Peaks Cadillac, Mi
Day 5. 12/7/19 Caberfae Peaks Cadillac Mi
Day 6 12/21/19 Caberfae Peaks Cadillac,Mi
Day 7 12/22/19 Caberfae Peaks Cadillac,Mi
Day 8 12/26/19 Mt Holly Holly,Mi
Day 9 12/28/19 Caberfae Peaks Cadillac,Mi
Day 10 1/5/20 Caberfae Peaks Cadillac,Mi
Day 11 1/11/20 Platekill Roxbury, NY
Day 12 1/18/20 Ostego Club, Gaylord, Mi
Day 13 1/21/20 Holiday Valley Ellicottville, NY
Day 14 1/22/20 Holiday Valley Ellicottville, NY
Day 15 1/26/20 Crystal Mtn Thompsville, Mi
Day 16 1/30/20 Pine Knob Clarkston,Mi
Day 17 2/6/20 Mt Holly, Holly,Mi
Day 18 2/8/20 Mt Holly Holly, Mi
Day 19 2/15/20 Caberfae Peaks Cadillac,Mi
Day 20 2/20/20 Alpine Valley White Lake ,MI
Day 21 2/22/20 Mt Holly, Holly,Mi
Day 22 2/27/20 Boyne Mtn, Boyne Falls, Mi
Day 23 2/28/20 Boyne Highlands, Harbor Springs,MI
Day 24 2/29/20 Nubs Nob Harbor Sprigs,Mi
Day 25 3/1/20 Schuss Mtn, Bellaire,Mi
Day 26 3/14/20 Caberfae Peaks Cadillac,Mi
Day 27 3/15/20 Caberfae Peaks,Cadillac Mi
1: 11/29/2019 Mt van Ho
2: 11/30/2019 Mt van Ho
3: 12/1/2019 Mt van Ho
4: 12/7/2019: Gore Mt Nordic Center
5: 12/22/2019: Notchview Reservation
6: 12/28/2019. Mt van Ho
7: 12/29/2019 Paul Smith's VIC
8: 1/11/2020 Prospect Mt, Woodford VT
9: 1/19/2020 Gore Mt Nordic Center
10: 1/25/2020 Garnet Hill Lodge
11: 2/01/2020 Craftsbury Outdoor Ctr Craftsbury VT
12 2/02/2020 Trapp Family Lodge, Stowe VT
13 2/16/2020 Prospect Mt, Woodford VT
14 2/21/2020 Saratoga Biathlon Club, Hadley NY
15 2/29/2020 Mount van Hoevenberg
16 3/1/2020 Mount van Hoevenberg
17 3/8/2020 Prospect Mt, Woodford VT
1) 11-16-19 Mount Snow - First day on new skis. Pretty happy with them. Stuck mostly to greens.
2) 11-17-19 Mount Snow - Variable snow. Fell a lot. Probably fatigued. Lost confidence on blues. Sore Monday.
3) 11-23-19 Okemo- Icy! Skiing better. Still nervous.
4) 11-24-19 Mount Snow- Freezing Rain. Visibility terrible. Skigee is awesome. Lifts closed at 11:30 due to icing
5) 11-30-19 Mount Snow. Met new ski diva friend. Sunny, crowded, icy. Confidence back on blues. Skiing better.
6) 12-1-19 Mount Snow. Snow much nicer and coverage excellent. Great private lessson w/K. Technique improving.
7) 12-2-19 Hunter 24” of FRESH POWDER! Fun laps on Beltway all day while friends did diamonds. Practiced what I learned in lesson yesterday. Felt confident even though light flat and visibility poor. ❤️ My new skis.
8) 12-7-19 Mount Snow- gorgeous sunny day. Groomers w/ snowmaking were excellent packed powder all day. Crashed on the ungroomed One More Time on first run. Not what I expected. Went back in the afternoon after getting warmed up and confidence back and tackled the little bumps and crud.
9) 12-8-19 Gore- First time here. Blues/greens were awesome- loved Showcase and Quicksilver. Good lesson- worked on rounder turns and upper/lower separation. Skied first diamond of the year on Topridge. Very steep and ice/boilerplate most of the way. Side slipped and did falling leaf on the worst of it but made it down ok.
** skis tuned on 12-11-19
10) 12-13-19 Mount Snow- Founders Day crowds and thick fog didn’t stop me from doing lots of laps on Canyon, Ridge, and Sweet 16 to Coopers Jctn. Snow really nice. New low light lens worked well. G said I am finally keeping my upper body facing downhill and making some improvements with smoother/rounder turns. I got the last chair of the day at 3:29- ski patrol said I had 40 seconds to get on, so I got a bonus run. Bummed out that rain/ice/wind are coming.
11) 12-21-19: Stowe- Spruce Peak was so wonderful we did 20 hot laps there. Sunny. Didn’t want to leave. Later at the Lodge a never-ever skier arrived with a broken leg and a terrifying story about Gondolier.
12) 12-22-19: Stowe- First trip up FourRunner quad was scary. Firm/scratchy conditions. Took mountain tour to Gondola runs. Beautiful and sunny there, but scratched off and icy in many spots. Finished at Sunny Spruce.
13) 21-23-19: Stowe- Beautiful sunny Spring Skiing conditions! Started at Mansfield and skied all the open blues. Feeling confident went to Sensation and hit Upper Mainstreet/ Mainstreet Headwall- lots of fun.
14) 12-24-19: Stowe- Cold, firm and fast at Mansfield. Sunny. Very skied off/icy after lunch everywhere.
15) 12-25-19: Stowe- Hit FourRunner by 7:45. Nice, sunny, empty, blue groomers early. Got 12 runs of Christmas. Left when it got too crowded and icy at 11:30. No falls in 5 days of hard skiing at Stowe 😊. Super happy.
16) 12-28-19: Mount Snow- Very busy/crowded. Skied Sunbrook, Ego Alley, Ridge, South Bowl. Warm sunny afternoon.
17) 1-4-20: Mount Snow- Rainy/foggy, nice soft snow. 1st time on North Face. Loved Fallen Timbers. Getting upper/lower separation but still skiing fairly flat and rotating legs to turn. Work on getting up on edges more.
18) 1-5-20: Mount Snow- Cold, sunny. Lesson w/ club. Skied ‘til 4 despite foggy goggles. Icy under lots of machine made snow. Choke and Rollercoaster were particularly fun. Very crowded for a Sunday.
** Skis Tuned 1-6-20.
19) 1-10-20: Hunter- Warm day w/spring conditions. Great laps on Belt Parkway, Way Out, Rip’s Retun, & Overlook.
20) 1-11-20: Okemo- Amazing, sunny, warm, spring hero snow day! Loved Quantum Leap and Blind Faith!
21) 1-12-20: Hunter- Gorgeous soft spring skiing on the south face w/Echo from Ski Divas! Belt Parkway was nasty but we found better terrain. I skied diamonds (Minya Konka, Hellgate, Lower Crossover, Upper K-27, East Side Drive) and moguls that would have terrified me if the snow was not so lovely.
22) 1-17-20: Mount Snow- OC club trip w/G, D, and J. Cold! Sunny! Tons of machine made snow! Skied Plummet, Freefall, and Beartrap for the 1st time- loved it! Huge whales on Freefall. Carving/edging much better.
23) 1-18-20: Okemo- Hid from MLK crowds on South Face & Glades Peak. Mueller’s Run & World Cup were a blast. Very cold!!
24) 1-19-20: Mount Snow- 6” Pow! Big moguls on Chute 😳. Made it down ok. Practiced/learned about skiing moguls with G all day. Narrowed stance, worked side doors, pole plants, retraction, rhythm. Lots of runs in on tertiary lift. Skied till legs were jelly.
25) 1-25-20: Mount Snow- 7:30 AM Express chairs! Super Foggy! Enjoyed Lodge & Thanks Walt. Left before freezing rain shut down lifts after noon.
26) 1-26-20: Bromley- Flat skiing/short radius turns lesson in AM on Twister. Fast carves after that. Chased the experts to the other side of the Mtn after lunch- got coached on bumps skills. Need to narrow stance. Awesome snow today.
27) 1-31-20: Stowe- Perfect sunny ski day w/ great snow. Got 34,000 vert ft. Skied Hayride and Nosedive for the first time. Gondola runs were awesome.
28) 2-1-20: Stowe- Super foggy! Did fun laps on Hayride. Enjoyed the mini Moguls on lower T-line.
29) 2-2-20: Stowe- Clouds came & went. Sunrise, Nosedive, Perry Merril, Gondolier, then hot laps at Spruce. Hit 30,000 vert ft.
30) 2-3-20: Hunter- Beautiful day with soft snow and good friends. Skied double diamonds for the first time- Racers Edge, Clair’s Way, Upper Crossover. Practiced side slips, pivot slips, smearing down backs of moguls. Hit over 34,000 vert ft.
31) 2-8-20: Okemo- Got first tracks on fresh corduroy on The Plunge! Then fun runs on Exhibition, Boomerang, and Nor’easter! South Face was icier.
32) 2-9-20: Whiteface- Skied Excelsior, Parrons, Mountain Run, Skyward (awesome!), and Wilmington Trail with Megan. Beautiful sunny day!
33) 2-16-20 Mount Snow- 4” Freshies! Loved Uncles, Hop, Illusion, Overbrook, and One More Time. Practiced narrowing stance in bumps, pole plants, rhythm. Nice warm day and no lines (weekday).
34) 2-22-20 Magic Mtn- Beautiful Sunny Day. Skis overdue for a tune.
35) 2-25-20 Mt Snow- w/OC club
36) 2-23-20 Bromley- Beautiful day! Played on rollers on Twister- fun little jumps! W/OC club friends
*** Skis tuned 2-25-20
37) 2-28-20 Mt Snow- W/OC friends. North face had the best snow!
38) 2-29-20 Whiteface- Epic post-POW day. Powder on Cloudspin and Niagara. Packed pow and soft bumps everywhere else
39) 3-1-20 Whiteface- First tracks on Excelsior was awesome! Loved Hoyt’s High. Skyward was challenging but awesome. Packed powder conditions everywhere. Gorgeous day.
40) 3-4-20 Sugarbush- Highly Variable conditions- ice to mush. Still skied all day with OC friends. Fun times.
41) 3-7-20 Okemo- Sunny day w/dust on crust.
42) 3-8-20 Mt Snow- Icy dust on crust AM. Lesson on North Face practicing “w” turns, smearing, side slips, pivot slips, falling leaf, etc. in a narrow corridor. Skied icy steeps very slowly and in control... sometimes backwards-ish. Little Steep was intimidating. Afternoon trails softened up beautifully.
Every year I predict that "this will be the year" and every year turns out to not be "the year". Season is young, however.
Day 01 - 12/6/19 - Stratton - 1/2 the mountain open w/decent snow.
Day 02 - 1/13/20 - Killington - 40% of the mountain open w/decent man made snow.
Day 03 - 1/14/20 - Killington - 45% of the mountain open w/decent man made snow.
Day 04 - 1/29/20 - Sugarbush - Lincoln Peak - 100% open except glades. Perfect sunny day.
Day 05 - 1/30/20 - Sugarbush - Lincoln Peak - 100% open except glades. Perfect sunny day.
Day 06 - 1/31/20 - Sugarbush - Mt. Ellen - 100% open except glades. Perfect sunny day.
I think today would have been around 35 for me but decided to stay in. We got a fluffy 2 of 3 inches last night but my lower back is stiff from yesterday and I slept in. I will do a little snow shoeing around the property. Need to work my way out to the barn and put a few things away for the misses.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.