Skier dies at Hunter

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
26 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Skier dies at Hunter

Petronio
http://poststar.com/news/state-and-regional/troopers-expert-skier-dies-in-fall-at-hunter-mountain/article_fbd46fdc-4c22-5c2a-be95-7a9d38320828.html

I never know whether to post these or not.  I guess it is a good reminder that no matter how good you get, skiing is an inherently dangerous activity -- as are many other athletic pursuits.

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Skier dies at Hunter

snoloco
This was already in the conditions thread.  This person was from the same town that I lived in before going to college.  Of course some people jumped on that opportunity to crack jokes about how I was from New Jersey.  Really a low rent thing to do when discussing a skier death IMO.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Only thing worse than cracking jokes in a skier death thread is getting all butthurt about it. That said, kids form Jersey do that so I'm not surprised.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
So you actively defend the people who started it and go after me for defending myself.  You're a good for nothing troll and a fucking asshole too.  Seriously, every one of your posts is trying to make fun of someone.  How would you feel if it was your own family member who died?  This response really shows something about your character and not in a good way.  Maybe stop binge drinking for once and you'd get it.  It's one thing to call me out of touch or a spoiled brat, but you went way to fucking far.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
ONE OF THESE DAYS CAMPI POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by snoloco
It was a light hearted joke Sno. Try to loosen up a little. Life isn't very serious and who knows, we could be gone tomorrow. People die every day, skiing is dangerous. Relax dude.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Yeah!  What SnoSnukkie said!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
snoloco wrote
So you actively defend the people who started it and go after me for defending myself.  You're a good for nothing troll and a fucking asshole too.  Seriously, every one of your posts is trying to make fun of someone.  How would you feel if it was your own family member who died?  This response really shows something about your character and not in a good way.  Maybe stop binge drinking for once and you'd get it.  It's one thing to call me out of touch or a spoiled brat, but you went way to fucking far.
Not sure if you act like this in real life, but it's a good way to get your ass kicked.

Sorry to hear about the skier at Hunter.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
snoloco wrote
How would you feel if it was your own family member who died?
At the risk of answering a rhetorical question, I think most people would respond to this by saying, "It depends who."  Seriously.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
He's a very delicate flower.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
<quote author="YUKON CORNELIUS">
snoloco wrote
Not sure if you act like this in real life, but it's a good way to get your ass kicked
Snosnukkie could totally take CampOnceUponATime!!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Keep in mind this is coming from a guy who ask's me if I'm shooting any woodchuck's in the middle of winter.

ScottyRunningHisMouthOffAgainJack

I need to get up there and FoozIt
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
I heard you shot the top hat right off Punxatawney Phil.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Nope. Not me. Those friggin varmints I try and hit right square in the head
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
CampOnceUponATime!!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
OP linky not worky. Wha happened?
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by D.B. Cooper
I just saw  a report that a snowboarder hit a tree at killington and died. Is it me or does there seem to be a lot more people getting killed, falling off of lifts, getting lost in the woods etc? Is this an aberration, a trend or am I just noticing more because of social media and the Internet?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Lateski
Brownski wrote
I just saw  a report that a snowboarder hit a tree at killington and died. Is it me or does there seem to be a lot more people getting killed, falling off of lifts, getting lost in the woods etc? Is this an aberration, a trend or am I just noticing more because of social media and the Internet?
There is some kind of freaky thing going on around the slopes this season.  I was stunned to learn a snowboarder was killed instantly after an accident at Belleayre on Wanatuska a few weeks ago, it's a pretty mild black run.  Goes to show, it can go very bad no matter what the terrain.