Snow Ridge Conditions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
127 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snow Ridge Conditions

Danzilla
Thanks for the intel Cornhead. You had me at 35". Looking forward to it. I'll be leaving Saratoga around 7AM if anyone wants to car pool.

Would love to hook up with some forum members. I'll be the rather large man head to toe in blue. Riding fluorescent green atomic savages with orange rossi bindings and probably a go-pro attached to my brain bucket.

Think first chair will be 10AM or will they load a little earlier?
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Danzilla, and ml242, I've emailed you my #, call or text me tomorrow, should be fun!
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
I have too much to do at home to get out yet, hope you guys have a great time and assassinate that powder for me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
that's too bad but I'll grab some freshies you miss
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Emailed you my # Glade Runner, didn't mean to exclude you, sorry.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Woohoo!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Still lots of pow to be had
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User

That was my buddy today on an almost straight shot down in the woods and the tracks left over.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User

And here is a couple pics my buddy got of me today.  Rocked the powder two days straight now all rain.  Glad I got it while the getting was good.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Nice pics!  There was definitely enough snow to go anywhere, maybe excepting the ravine.

Powderqueen, Pam, Danzilla, Cornhead, Scotty, Glade Runner. Who else was there? PowAssassin... if you were there you were in heaven. Wide trails with lots of pow.

As I predicted (!) big crowd...

The coolest part was that they were only running one lift. Even with 200 skiers across the hill, I was one of maybe ten guys who were "earning it" just a little bit under and off the closed lift.

What an awesome day.

If anyone has any sweet hi res pics and wants to share, what I got myself is a bit thin for a blog post.  I took a lot pictures, but I just couldn't concentrate because the snow was so good.

Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Wow - that was a big crowd.
Looks like some nice conditions. I am going to have to get out there one of these days.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
In reply to this post by Harvey
My company always works the Saturday prior to Thanksgiving to allow for a four day holiday weekend. A month ago I was asked if I would take a vacation day instead of working Saturday. Option B was to take a vacation day for the Saturday before Christmas, as we will be working it for another four day weekend. Because my department is small, 3 employees, it was either or. Being a skier you would think opting for the December holiday would be the logical choice. Glad I defied logic, I'd have been an unhappy camper if I had to work Saturday.

Great to see Harvey Road well represented on the hill today. Nice to meet and share some turns with you Dan. Nice to see Harv, Powderqueen, and Pam there too. Happy to help Scotty experience his first powder day at Snow Ridge. He took a bus from Middletown to Binghamton, stayed overnight with me, all to ski a 500 ft hill in North Central NY, there's some passion for skiing for ya!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Scotty that is hardcore.  My bad for not finding you and skiing one. I had me some powbrain.

In fairness that was the longest the line got.  That shot was taked at 10:30, right before the lifts opening, about 30 min late.  So that shot has every skier on property in it.

The line all through prime time was not bad, it moved, and you were surrounded by totally stoked skiers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
In reply to this post by Cornhead
Cornhead wrote
My company always works the Saturday prior to Thanksgiving to allow for a four day holiday weekend. A month ago I was asked if I would take a vacation day instead of working Saturday. Option B was to take a vacation day for the Saturday before Christmas, as we will be working it for another four day weekend. Because my department is small, 3 employees, it was either or. Being a skier you would think opting for the December holiday would be the logical choice. Glad I defied logic, I'd have been an unhappy camper if I had to work Saturday.

Great to see Harvey Road well represented on the hill today. Nice to meet and share some turns with you Dan. Nice to see Harv, Powderqueen, and Pam there too. Happy to help Scotty experience his first powder day at Snow Ridge. He took a bus from Middletown to Binghamton, stayed overnight with me, all to ski a 500 ft hill in North Central NY, there's some passion for skiing for ya!
I didnt know you were from Binghamton.  I am to.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
  Hey Glade Runner, technically Conklin, let me know if you want to try hitting Snow Ridge again after another LES event, I'm game. Looks like no more $15 everyday for GP pass holders, only on Wednesday. Oh well, still well worth $39.

P.S. Nice avatar, I had to fight the urge to buy my third consecutive Fox 44 card. Saving funds for a CO/NM trip in February. I was still tempted, enjoy!
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Cornhead wrote
Hey Glade Runner, technically Conklin, let me know if you want to try hitting Snow Ridge again after another LES event, I'm game. Looks like no more $15 everyday for GP pass holders, only on Wednesday. Oh well, still well worth $39.

P.S. Nice avatar, I had to fight the urge to buy my third consecutive Fox 44 card. Saving funds for a CO/NM trip in February. I was still tempted, enjoy!
Im up for Snow Ridge if they get the snow.  Are you interested in other mountains given they get snow?  I got extra fox passes and I try to load up a trip and piece out the passes individually so we have a full load when we hit the far north ones on the pass.  You ride in the woods?
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis
In reply to this post by Harvey
Very nice meeting all who got some white lines and bump s this past Saturday what a snowy ridge. Finally got to say hello to Harvey and some nice people from his this place. Worth the bus driver up definitely. Platy turns this year place suck s lol.
Scotty
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Scotty. Glad u and the boys got to rock the Ridge !!!  If you'all keep coming to The Ridge , pretty soon you guys will all be honorary North Country homeboys like those of us who live here or were from here like Puckster  !!

You may even get to  sample  Croghan  Bologna ,Wimpys  and some  Burrville cidermill apple cinnamon donuts😎
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
  Oh no, the word's out about Snow Ridge, now the hoards will flock there for a cheap powder fix. Never mind, they were there Saturday. That's OK, I needed that rest in line. Glad they had a good turnout. Cool to see so many HR members there, kudos to all for making the trip. Glad Scotty got to experience Snow Ridge.

Glade Runner, I do ski trees, I wish I skied them better, but I aspire to. I'll send you my number, feel free to call, or text me next time you want to go. I may be game joining you elsewhere too. I'm very interested in knocking Hickory off my to ski list this year.

Warp, maybe we can make an exchange like heads of state do. I'll bring Southern Tier Spiedies in exchange for your Northern treats.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
DEAL  Corny !  

I did my undergraduate work in  Wilkes - Barre so  i am somewhat familiar with them and of course  HOAGIES  Our local woodchuck cuisine is lets say Different 👹
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.