Administrator
A cold start to spring for the east:
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Spring Weather 2016

JTG4eva!
Early in the week and unlikely to happen.....but I saw one forecast calling for 6 inches or so Saturday night in the northern Dacks.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Only a couple inches now, and bubkis in the forecast for Monday.

No useful winter weather all season, and on what could be the last "spring" weekend of lift served its going to be COLD.

Can't wait to put this season in the rear view.  Nice to be playing soccer outdoors again!
Reply | Threaded
|

scottski63
I like the look of the 144hr snow totals for southern vermont
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
This weather is piss'n me off, now when I want to bike it F'n snows and blows - where was this a month ago!
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
We got our biggest snowfall of the year during trout season....
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
This weather is piss'n me off, now when I want to bike it F'n snows and blows - where was this a month ago!
I think i was colder on yesterday mornings' bike ride than i was all ski season
Reply | Threaded
|

greyMoose
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
About a foot of snow over the past 2 days, snow day for the local school and the worst part, nowhere to ski

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Nice photo. If that was in my backyard, I'd head to the nearest woods and start kickin and glidin.

Looking at the radar the last 24 hours, looks like Mount Snow did ok. Went to the website, they are closed? I was surprised.

Looks like Sugarloaf and the River are still blowing.
Reply | Threaded
|

scottski63
This post was updated on .
Just hiked Belleayre . Deepest snow of the year in the Catskills !2"+ drifts
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
More shots of people skiing NY powder in a couple days of April than we saw all winter.  That's ma nature laughing in our face after gut punching us all winter!
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Nice photo. If that was in my backyard, I'd head to the nearest woods and start kickin and glidin.

Looking at the radar the last 24 hours, looks like Mount Snow did ok. Went to the website, they are closed? I was surprised.

Looks like Sugarloaf and the River are still blowing.
Sugarbush reporting 7" so far...DAMN?!? Wonder if that's legit or fluff.  Might have to burn those Warren Miller comps this Friday....then head to WF for re-open on Saturday(hopefully!).....

WF web cam not looking too shabby either...
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
ADmiKe wrote
Sugarbush reporting 7" so far...DAMN?!? Wonder if that's legit or fluff.  Might have to burn those Warren Miller comps this Friday....then head to WF for re-open on Saturday(hopefully!).....
Yes........really burn them

Wednesday

A 30 percent chance of rain after 3pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 38. South wind 5 to 14 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night

A chance of rain and snow before midnight, then a chance of rain between midnight and 3am, then rain, snow, and sleet likely after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 33. South wind 14 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Thursday

Rain, snow, and sleet likely before 7am, then rain. High near 50. South wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Thursday Night

Rain. Low around 33. East wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Friday

Rain and snow showers likely before 10am, then a chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Southwest wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
I wasn't expecting to need 4 wheel drive on my first day back to work at the golf club. We have received more snow in the last few days than we got all effin winter!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
pro2860 wrote
I wasn't expecting to need 4 wheel drive on my first day back to work at the golf club. We have received more snow in the last few days than we got all effin winter!
Greens should hold good
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
ADmiKe wrote

Wednesday

A 30 percent chance of rain after 3pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 38. South wind 5 to 14 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night

A chance of rain and snow before midnight, then a chance of rain between midnight and 3am, then rain, snow, and sleet likely after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 33. South wind 14 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Thursday

Rain, snow, and sleet likely before 7am, then rain. High near 50. South wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Thursday Night

Rain. Low around 33. East wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Friday

Rain and snow showers likely before 10am, then a chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Southwest wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Crap.  Maybe elevation based snowfall...
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Had 7" of snow in the drive this AM and temps were about 0, hope you camp owners drained the pipes or left the heat on low.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
In reply to this post by ADmiKe
ADmiKe wrote
skimore wrote
ADmiKe wrote

Wednesday

Wednesday Night

Thursday

Thursday Night

Friday

Crap.  Maybe elevation based snowfall...
Things can only get better!
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Will it ever stop raining.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Rain on and off for the next 2 weeks...no extended dry periods in sight..ya gotta hate this time of year
"Peace and Love"