Stowe Conditions

37 messages Options
snoloco snoloco
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Stowe Conditions

Headed up there right now, should be some great skiing and "sno approved" too.

I've lived in New York my entire life.
k123 k123
Reply |

Re: Stowe Conditions

Should be some good skiing tomorrow.  Was at smuggs today and the snow was pretty nice, a dense coating fell after the rain to freshen things up.
Thacheronix Thacheronix
Reply |

In reply to this post by snoloco
Looks pretty boney
Marcski Marcski
Reply |

Let us know how it goes Sno.  I expect a complete trip report with photos and perhaps a revelation or two about skiing after getting a few days somewhere besides your usual haunts.
gebbyfish gebbyfish
Reply |

We need a photo essay on the lodge.  ;)
snoloco snoloco
Reply |

We stayed slopeside at the Inn at the Mountain.  It basically has its own private lift called the Toll House Double.  It was a bit on the long side, but an enjoyable ride.  They actually warned us that it wasn't high speed when we checked in.

It was straight to the Fourrunner quad after that.  That thing was fast, in 6 minutes we were at the top 2,100 vertical feet higher.

First run was down Lord which was a long blue groomer with steady pitch.

After another run we went to the gondola and skied down gondolier.

After taking a run on Perry Merrill, we went to the Spruce Peak side.  We skied a top to bottom run, had lunch, and then took a run on Sterling.  That trail was our pick of the day as well as Main Street and Smugglers.  All 3 had good snow, good pitch, and were all unique.  
Sterling

Main Street

All served by the sno approved Sensation HSQ.  Fast, cushy, footrests, and ski on all day.

More to come soon
k123 k123
Reply |

Did a bunch of exploration above the lifts today

snoloco snoloco
Reply |

Sorry, probably won't be able to post any more pictures.  They don't even upload from my phone once I have a few in a thread.  Hopefully that will change with the new forum software.
Adk Jeff Adk Jeff
Reply |

In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
After taking a run on Perry Merrill, we went to the Spruce Peak side.  We skied a top to bottom run, had lunch, and then took a run on Sterling.  That trail was our pick of the day as well as Main Street and Smugglers.  All 3 had good snow, good pitch, and were all unique.  
I've never skied over on Spruce, but I've heard those trails have a lot of character and are nice.  Very cool that you enjoyed that side of the mountain.  
Enjoy the rest of your stay.  Stowe really is a great mountain.  Make sure to at least sample some of the trees.  There are some really fun easy trees off skier's right of Lower National if I recall correctly.
ml242 ml242
Reply |

So how did Stowe compare to your beloved Mountain Creek? Were the chairs cushy enough to warrant a second trip?