42 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TERRIBLE NEWS

Harvey
Administrator
Wow Peetex is really paying attention.

I think we should have a separate forum for terrible news so I can avoid it more easily.

I'm also a gas tax guy, but that doesn't stop me from filling up in NJ and trying to make it into NY and back without filling up.  The only solutions that will work are those that take advantage man's drive to get the most for his money.

We got zip for gas tax down here but our property tax is huge.  And it's all school tax.  How do states with low property tax pay for schools?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

64ER
Harvey wrote
We got zip for gas tax down here but our property tax is huge.  And it's all school tax.  How do states with low property tax pay for schools?
Move to Mississippi, buy property, enroll Neve in public school and try and figger out HWWWW, they be fixin' to be learning the young'un.

They don't.  The rest of the Union foots the bill.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
I really only want Mountain Creek to roast because it'll force snoloco to travel to places that I actually want to hear about.
Now that's our old Matty. Welcome back!
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
I do feel like I have been a little negative lately, though, so I'll try to dial back the anger. I think this has something to do with it:

mattchuck2 wrote
Late November/Early December sucks anyway (short days, dreary weather, rampant consumerism making these suburbs completely annoying to navigate, etc.).
I really only want Mountain Creek to roast because it'll force snoloco to travel to places that I actually want to hear about.
Then I want Whiteface and Gore to roast so that mattchuck sees the difference that snowmaking and grooming make instead of constantly saying that it is a bad thing to add more.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
You must be thinking of someone else. I like snowmaking and grooming. I just prefer powder and bumps and I hate the idea of grooming perfectly good powder and mowing down perfectly good bumps.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by pro2860
pro2860 wrote
snoloco wrote
That's why I am going to take up bowling.
I don't think that's a good idea...the lane conditions would never be right for you!
Ahahahahaha and the chairs certainly wouldn't be cushy enough
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
mattchuck2 wrote
No you aren't, because you ski those places.
I do ski WF and Gore, but I don't have to.  If WF and Gore can't open fully, I will just go to Stratton or K Mart instead.  I know you won't go to Stratton or K Mart, so I hope that it is warm at WF and Gore all season so that palm trees grow in the parking lot.  Then we will see if you prefer to ski Stratton or not ski at all.

mattchuck2 wrote
I never ski your crappy mountain, so I hope it's so warm that palm trees start growing in the parking lot.
And then Action Park will be open in the winter, so I'll go there.  There's no Action Park at Whiteface or Gore to save you.
the jerk store called , they are all out of you
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
snoloco wrote
mattchuck2 wrote
I never ski your crappy mountain, so I hope it's so warm that palm trees start growing in the parking lot.
And then Action Park will be open in the winter, so I'll go there.  There's no Action Park at Whiteface or Gore to save you.
The Adirondack Park is the greatest action park in the state you dumbass.

Man this place has taken a serious step down in content....  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
This post was updated on .
I'm definitely taking up bowling now.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Because they don't have night skiing at West, Willard, Jiminy, the Ski Bowl, Dynamite fucking Hill or anywhere else around here.

Jesus, snoloco.

Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Why don't you follow your own advice MC2? The way you've been ganging up on Sno lately, it's like the MC in your handle stands for Mountain Creek.

Not seeing your favorite item in the weather maps lately ?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
How does one person "gang up"?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
snoloco wrote
no one further north is doing night skiing so the whole day is lost.
And this is just a lie. West Mountain is open until 9 on Friday and Saturday nights (2 hours 45 minutes from Mountain Creek) and Jiminy Peak is open until 10:00 Friday, Saturday and Sunday (2 hours 30 minutes from Mountain Creek).

It's there, but he'd rather bitch and moan instead of going to get it.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
This post was updated on .
Do you seriously think I should go night skiing at Jiminy Peak?  If I skied till 10, I wouldn't get home till almost 1am and then get up at 5am the next day so I can get to Hunter the next day before the masses show up.  It is so easy for someone who lives up north to day "drive further north", but not so easy for the person who actually has to do it to do so.

There's a reason so many of the people on here have moved up north.  That is so they don't have to drive 3-4 hours each way to get to the skiing or god forbid ski at Windham or Hunter for a closer trip.  These are always the same people who are telling others to "drive a bit further".  It is never the people who live further south like me who are saying that.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Yea, it's a dumb idea from MC2. Not surprising. He'ld rather just bitch and moan about you than actually have to think.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
snoloco wrote
Do you seriously think I should go night skiing at Jiminy Peak?  If I skied till 10, I wouldn't get home till almost 1am and then get up at 5am the next day so I can get to Hunter the next day before the masses show up.  It is so easy for someone who lives up north to day "drive further north", but not so easy for the person who actually has to do it to do so.

There's a reason so many of the people on here have moved up north.  That is so they don't have to drive 3-4 hours each way to get to the skiing or god forbid ski at Mountain Creek or Hunter for a closer trip.  These are always the same people who are telling others to "drive a bit further".  It is never the people who live further south like me who are saying that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kUsv8tTnR4

Or you can just ski the conditions as they are lol
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Snowballs
Are you two fucking JOKING ME?!?!!?

You said nobody is doing night skiing. I proved that that was just not true. And now you're attacking me for suggesting that you could do whatever you're doing on Saturday morning, then drive to Jiminy (nobody said you have to ski until 10), but only if you REALLY NEEDED TO SKI BOTH DAYS THIS WEEKEND (which you don't anyway, but that's beside the point).

I'm trying to help you guys. if you don't want my help, then stop posting and bitching that you can't ski because obviously you can, and you just don't want to do what it takes to do it.

And if I were you snowballs, I'd look back at what I was defending and immediately apologize for calling me dumb, stupid, a hypocrite and a jerk in this thread with absolutely nothing to back that up.

Seriously, snowballs, Fuck You.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
I have to agree with MC2 here, this isn't the whining sniveling complaining NJ ski blog, it's the NYFuckingS ski blog.
We can whine and snivel about our own places. Sno not only do you need a girl friend, make sure she's a JAP - that way you can whine and complain in stereo.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
PeeTex wrote
 We can whine and snivel about our own places.
>>>??????