TINY ski areas on EC

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
65 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TINY ski areas on EC

Grillman
Bald Hill,  Long Island  200 vertical feet...two rope tows and one T bar....1971-1973...the place was open 65 to 80...closed due to lack of snow
Reply | Threaded
|

MadPatSki
In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
I agree PAT with your analysis .I forgot to list Vorlage which is smaller than both Fortune ( which i have  skied ) and Edelweiss.  Vorlage is rather tiny iIMHO ...All of these places however provide a good deal fun for the price and have an important role in the development of the sport .
Vorlage is around 149m. There is Mont Cascades also at 160m. All the 4 hills of the Gatineau hills are within 25 miles from downtown Ottawa.Totally agree about the feeder hills, however out of town and resorts around Ottawa aren't as great of the feeding hills of my youth. Within Montreal you had 4-5 hills with lifts, all ran by the city with the exception of the one at the University of Montreal. They are all lost now.
Ski Mad World
A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
Reply | Threaded
|

greif
Powder Mills Park , Pittsford (Rochester), NY (a Monroe County Park)
100 vertical-  if they make a 15 foot bump of snow on the top!
one rope tow
One path down with a left turn to get back on the rope tow.
Still in operation! Used to teach, now run by Swain, used to be run by Bristol mountain.
There used to be a second "big" hill and rope tow which actually had several ways to ski down.

The park also has about 10 miles of ungroomed XC trails!
Reply | Threaded
|

EastCoastChris
Baker Mountain! 460 vertical! I learned there as a kid and could probably run it blindfolded. http://www.newenglandskihistory.com/Maine/bakermtn.php
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
This place looks pretty cool.

http://www.mtgreylockskiclub.com/