Open this post in threaded view

Re: The Golf Thread

In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Word. Good fun!!  
sig sig
Reply |

My home course has styrofoam in cups at various depths. Some depths work well others not so much. It adds to some interesting conversations when the ball goes down and pops back out. Should it count? Did you hit it to hard?  
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Played my regular course twice this week , hot but some breeze . Played in my usual range ' still experimenting with the new adjustabke driver (9-12 degrees  ) had a 40 , 39  . My sweet spot seems to be 12 degrees  at least that igives the most consistent results .

Decided to experiment with full length   Slightly Beyond parallel backswing which is a bit of effort at my age(77) now , but did crank one really nice one at 273 yds so i just may need to find some special stretching exercise routine to ease that .

tirolski tirolski
Reply |

In reply to this post by tirolski
tirolski wrote
My 87 year old friend who walks the course made an ace yesterday playing in the 4some ahead of us.
I won a dollar from the other "pretenders" as we won front back and all-day and had 1 birdie. I also got a free beer from the ace. The other team made 3 birdies with "only" 1 actually being holed as it hit stick and bounced straight back an inch away. We let em count it as it would have obviously sunk using "real" golf rules.
We have tournament today with distancing rules in effect. 2 man scramble. Flighted after first day. Partner is 93 or so, fun to ply with and plays great. I'll put him in some places he's never been as he hits em straight.
We had an amazing tournament, food was "to go" only, (other than the dogs) and having the flag in constantly is still a PIA.
We shot 76-74 for fifth place out of 10 in our flight. The overall tournament (196 players) winners shot 58 on the final day and is a great score. A couple friends team shot 75-65 and had an ace to boot. That's 2 holes in one this week for our group of 5 that rotate for our Saturday outings. I love golf almost as much as skiing and they are complimentary sports.
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Shot one over this am , a 36, no birds at all , just one bogey . It was pretty nice day ,but chilly after last weeks blast furnace 😉
nepa nepa
Reply |

First round since back surgery... it was a beautiful day in the valley.

Ski area in the distance... you can barely see the snow... a long carry up to 6k will get you about 500 vf of continuous snow.

Looking south down the Columbia
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Got out 3 times this week on two different courses here along the St Lawrence River .

Courses are in great shape all now allow you to hole out . The one course that formerly had coke bottles has gone to inverted cups so you can hole out   , shot 36 Monday 42 yesterday and  38 today . Not really happy yet with distance off the tee but hopefully that will improve as courses firm up .

Surprising how much action at my principle course ( probably because 2 local courses have permanently closed)  and many newbies are finding golf as a perfect social distancing activity .
Jamesdeluxe Jamesdeluxe
Reply |

I hit the links with my Poconos-based brother for a late-afternoon round at Paupack Hills, an excellent Tom Fazio course 15 miles east of Scranton. Very hilly with no parallel fairways, lots of long par 4s, several nice lake views, and plenty of water/sand. Other than the Inverted cups and no rakes in the traps, it felt like pre-COVID, especially in the clubhouse and restaurant terrace.

First time in three months I've been more than ten miles from my house!

Nice touch with the guy fishing from his canoe alongside the 18th tee:

warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Great run of thirties this month since last post on 6/5 :

So shot even par 35 last Friday , pr of 37's , a 38 and 39 and a 40 . Warm weather i guess loosens ya up and sure helps compress the ball .

The greens are holding really well in this Tropic of Capricorn heat blast , fairways are getting browned up tho . We really NEED rain along The St Lawrence .
1 ... 116117118119