classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1194 messages Options
1 ... 54555657585960
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Golf Thread

campgottagopee
I'm pretty sure that it's not up to you how people want to get their exercise.

Carts are in play here.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Z
I prefer to walk, but I also like carts and I understand why people need them.

I was kinda looking forward to hiring a caddy on my (canceled) trip to Scotland next month.

I think this type of technology would be good (if it had a cooler, wtf?):

Stewart Golf X9 Follow Electric Cart https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0788XRYYK/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_TndTEbP0JRAB3
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Carts are in play here.
From a golf course in Marcellus:
As of today (5/5/20), riding carts are not allowed by NYS. Though you may have seen or heard of a few courses in the area allowing carts, the information we have been provided from the Governor’s Office and Empire State Development clarified to us that those courses are non-compliant with the executive order and will be subject to civil penalties. We were also informed not to expect any changes to the current walking only policy until at least May 15, 2020.
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
I think this type of technology would be good (if it had a cooler, wtf?)
Most manufacturers offer accessory cooler bags that Velcro around the frame above the rear wheels.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Jamesdeluxe
Jamesdeluxe wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Carts are in play here.
As of today (5/5/20), riding carts are not allowed by NYS. Though you may have seen or heard of a few courses in the area allowing carts, the information we have been provided from the Governor’s Office and Empire State Development clarified to us that those courses are non-compliant with the executive order and will be subject to civil penalties. We were also informed not to expect any changes to the current walking only policy until at least May 15, 2020.
Yep

Carts in play around here
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Carts this season are a really dumb idea
Even with one rider they would need to thoroughly cleaned between users
Studies have shown Pretty much non permeable plastic is the hardest thing to get Covid off of which is the whole golf cart is made of
Somebody would have to clean that cart.  Do you want that risk to them on you because your are too fat or lazy to walk?

I’m all for getting the economy open but we need to do it intelligently to lower risk.  Open doesn’t mean the same as it was before get used to the new normals everywhere.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Good grief

They can clean trains, subways, taxi, Uber, etc etc

I think they can handle a golf cart.

Carts are good to go here

Pro will explain the revenue side of it

1 person per cart is the new norm. Get used to it.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
campgottagopee wrote
Jamesdeluxe wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Carts are in play here.
Yep

Carts in play around here
And I hear they have quite the selection!  Whether you prefer quick draw or max firepower, there’s something for every freedom loving gopher.

I heard these are reserved for Michigan gophers.

We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
LOL

That's not too far from the truth
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
I have always walked and carried my bag, still do and I am old enough to draw SS, which I am not doing yet as I am still working.
Why not just have a Caddy,  Keep social distancing rules in play. Would also provide summer jobs for some kids.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Revenue from carts is what makes walking affordable.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by endoftheline
I was a caddy as a teenager at a private country club on the good side of the town I grew up in

Very few clubs offer caddies anymore mostly either high end private clubs or very high end resort courses like Pebble Beach.  

I’ve only got to use a caddy once which was good on a course you don’t know to give you distances and read putts.  I was a guest at a private club in the Philly Main line area.  A caddy that doesn’t know your game and how far you hit clubs can’t pull clubs for you though.

I get the revenue thing with carts.  So raise the walking price to make up for it and you need less employees without carts.  The course also stays in better shape without them especially in the spring.

Did NYS change thier rules as it was a firm no carts rule when they reopened golf.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Simply wrong Z many seniors who have mobility issues , perhaps heart conditions or worse , need carts . Many senior leagues are not in operation because of the restriction

Carts  are very simple to sanitize , as Camp mentions .

Hopefully  5/15 the restricyions are lifted
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
This ^^^^^^^
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
Simply wrong Z many seniors who have mobility issues , perhaps heart conditions or worse , need carts . Many senior leagues are not in operation because of the restriction
Exactly. Must be Z thinks he'll be able to walk a golf course forever. 🤦
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I said over 70 or have a drs note
If you say have a bad hip and can’t walk you get a note
I doubt a good doc would give note for being too fat though my doc would say you need the exercise tough cookies

And I do plan on walking when I’m in my 70’s.  Low impact way to get exercise.  There are electric trolleys for your bag if pushing a golf bag is too much work
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by warp daddy
So you guys are ok with making some kid working for college money have to sanitize your cart?
The virus can live for 6+ hours on hard plastic
Plus there would be beer cans water bottles etc that have touched someone’s mouth
The cart is way bigger than a table at a restaurant and very 3D
Do you trust that same high school kid to have perfectly sanitized every part of the cart?  Are you Willing to risk getting Covid over it?

warp daddy wrote
Carts  are very simple to sanitize , as Camp mentions .

Hopefully  5/15 the restricyions are lifted
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I trust that business owners will do whatever it takes to keep ALL their customers ( even those that take carts) safe from Covid.

Cleaning carts isn't rocket science.

A doctor's note. That's fucking funny!
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
I am fine with it Z ,yes i think course operators will be responsible .  I will ride single as i always do.

For many coming off MI's they want the security of,being able,to act / move fast to help if necessary rather than be half way out on the course and experience serious symptoms with no quick mobility  .

Yeah i had my MI  11 years ago on a golf course while walking  and i was in top notch conditioning but its tough to,beat the gene pool thing . . Fortunately i was on the last hole,by the clubhouse when it first hit

I do plan to have sanitizer and if necessary a disinfectant spray in my cart bag and i wear two gloves .
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
My aunt just turned 80.  She walks.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
1 ... 54555657585960