classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
64 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The latest ORDA brightspot

DomB
Hey all -

I want to give credit where it is due IMO.  I am generally a very stoked skier, but as you can probably tell, I have been disappointed with management of Belle the past few seasons.

One positive thing I want to recognize is management's recent transparency.  As Bandit pointed out to me, Belle posted an open letter about lift issues, which at least means folks don't have to speculate.  

A bright spot, pasted below.

Best,
D

A MESSAGE FROM OUR GENERAL MANAGER
Dear Belleayre Skiers & Riders,

Belleayre Mountain and the Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA) would like to update you on the recent electrical issues that have either interrupted or limited two of our lift operations.

On February 1st and 2nd 2020 you may have noticed that staff were loading every other chair on Lift 7. This was done to prevent the lifts electrical breaker from potentially malfunctioning. It was and is perfectly safe to ride, and we were being cautious to avoid down time. A new breaker was ordered and replaced. We are happy to report Lift 7 is back up and running to its full capacity.

At the end of last season, the Tomahawk Quad experienced a drive malfunction that we were not able to address immediately. This fall, the old drive was replaced with a brand new one and management has kept the lift operating when warranted by skier and rider volume.

This past Saturday, February 1, the new drive malfunctioned. Upon inspection we’ve discovered an underground electrical issue, as the root cause of the problem.  A new drive was ordered immediately, delivered and is ready for install. We are optimistic that we will have the Tomahawk quad up and running for the Presidents week holiday period.

These intermittent electrical issues are very frustrating to our management and staff who have been working around-the-clock to identify and repair them along with the outside experts who were brought in to diagnose the issues.

One of the most distinguishing characteristics is just how long Belleayre has been operating. Since 1949 Belleayre has been open for skiers and riders to enjoy and our classic resort charm is one of our most redeeming qualities. We are proud of the improvements and investments being made to Belleayre, but unfortunately, we can’t do it all at once. We are always looking towards the future and have more improvements to come and we truly value the guest-experience when you visit us.

Thank you for your understanding during the repair process and appreciate all of your patience. We are always on a mission to improve Belleayre. We hope everyone enjoys the remainder of the 2019-2020 season.

Sincerely,

Bruce Transue                                                                                                      
General Manager
Belleayre Mountain Ski Resort
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Good point. More information as soon as possible is the right policy. They deserve credit
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
+1
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis1
In reply to this post by DomB
Wish bell had better mobile phone reception.
The new base lodged is awesome.
Huge with elevators