The latest ORDA brightspot

41 messages Options
SIAWOL SIAWOL
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

The latest ORDA brightspot

Thinking that if we had a thread to capture all the Orda "bright spots" might help us recognize and share some of the reasons we still choose to ski here. Plenty of chances to whine on that other thread. This one is for the moments that actually make our day. As others have said, there are good people working at our hills. And "surprises" can be found if we stop long enough to accept that it's not all doom and gloom.

Sunday afternoon--top of gondi @ Gore. Lift op was watching a guest (with rental skis...) struggling to click in. He walked over, got down on one knee, reset the heel piece, and then proceeded to use a small welding hammer to knock off the caked up snow on the boot. That was awesome!

MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

Re: The latest ORDA brightspot

I do that all the time at Platty, so much that it's just a routine.

Maybe we should have a higher standard for customer service?

When I started going to a lot of different mountains, I felt like I had Stockholm Syndrome. I was constantly surprised at things that are routine at other mountains, but neglected or never done at ORDA places (mountains can make snow on more than 2 trails at a time?!? It is possible to prepare for a rain event & get through it cleanly without it completely wrecking everything?!?!). It certainly opened my eyes.
Petronio Petronio
Reply |

In reply to this post by SIAWOL
SIAWOL wrote
Thinking that if we had a thread to capture all the Orda "bright spots" might help us recognize and share some of the reasons we still choose to ski here. Plenty of chances to whine on that other thread. This one is for the moments that actually make our day. As others have said, there are good people working at our hills. And "surprises" can be found if we stop long enough to accept that it's not all doom and gloom.

Sunday afternoon--top of gondi @ Gore. Lift op was watching a guest (with rental skis...) struggling to click in. He walked over, got down on one knee, reset the heel piece, and then proceeded to use a small welding hammer to knock off the caked up snow on the boot. That was awesome!
MC2 5678F589 wrote
I do that all the time at Platty, so much that it's just a routine.

Maybe we should have a higher standard for customer service?

When I started going to a lot of different mountains, I felt like I had Stockholm Syndrome. I was constantly surprised at things that are routine at other mountains, but neglected or never done at ORDA places (mountains can make snow on more than 2 trails at a time?!? It is possible to prepare for a rain event & get through it cleanly without it completely wrecking everything?!?!). It certainly opened my eyes.
Nice try SIAWOL.  I applaud your effort.  But trying to emphasize positive stuff on social media these days is like trying to stop up a river of sewage with a few used tampons.

Petronio
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by SIAWOL
I like the idea. Let's limit this thread to the positive.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

Okay, sorry, you guys are right.

Huge Tele event at Gore this weekend. Demos, a Tele race (if you've never seen one, you should) and tele fun for everyone. Kudos to Gore for finally figuring out how to get the Fey brothers  (telemarkdown.com) to bring their Demo equipment out.
Z Z
Reply |

WF opened the summit lift around 12 yesterday
They could have pulled plug on summit for the day
Skyward was quite fun though the visibility was very low
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Darkside Shaman Darkside Shaman
Reply |

Z wrote
Yup and Cloudspin was very nice as well
Gotta go to know
GoreMountainLodge GoreMountainLodge
Reply |

NYSEF kiddos showed up for the restaurant race and posted amazing times in the course, competing with and beating most of the adults at Gore today.  Conditions firm but carvable under a bluebird sky!

Johnnyonthespot Johnnyonthespot
Reply |

In reply to this post by Darkside Shaman
Darkside Shaman wrote
Z wrote
Yup and Cloudspin was very nice as well
You skied WF? Blasphemous!