The new Northeast Peak Pass. Your move ORDA.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
64 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The new Northeast Peak Pass. Your move ORDA.

evantful
This post was updated on .
Peak Resorts published their new Peak Pass offers today, which include Hunter.

$599 30yo + Unlimited, 7 of their Northeast Properties, no blackout days
$499 30yo + 7 Properties, Holiday Blackouts
$399 29yo - under, Unlimited 7 properties
$299 Midweek, 7 Properties, Non Holiday.

The Pass Perks are also pretty nice.

Dear ORDA, please make a Ski3 Midweek Pass or Non Holiday Pass, I am very tempted right now.

http://www.peakpass.com/#1
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The new Northeast Peak Pass. Your move ORDA

Harvey
Administrator
Evantful... which mountains do you see skiing on this pass?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by evantful
When did 30 become the cutoff? Have we officially given up on the milenials?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
This is basically the Epic Pass of the east.  I imagine Peak's ski areas will all be insanely crowded next year.  Maybe this volume of skiers will offset their debt.  Their ski areas will likely pull a lot of business away from their competitors.  
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

evantful
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Harvey
Just as a travel reference, I live in Orange County, NY.

Hunter mainly in replacement of Belleayre (I currently have a midweek pass to Belleayre and fill in with days north at Whiteface).

Certainly a lot of days of Mt Snow, and would definitely make trips to their various New Hampshire properties.... because hey, why wouldn't I.... they would be free.

Don't get me wrong, I love Belleayre along with Whiteface and Gore.... a lot. But as a 30 year old with a lot of other financial priorities, the value of this Peak Pass does come into play.

If ORDA came out with a Ski3 Midweek, Non Holiday pass that was even $399 I would bite, but right now I have choice between one mountain for $289 or 4-5 excellent mountains for $299

Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Wow, I live in Orange County too!!

It's pretty easy to ski all the mountains.  When you're not feeling the drive, go to JFBB, use Hunter as your home base, if OK with a longer drive, go to Mount Snow, and when spring comes, ski Attitash and Wildcat.  Hit Crotched on your way up to NH.
Reply | Threaded
|

evantful
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
When did 30 become the cutoff? Have we officially given up on the milenials?
Last year seemed to be the start of a lot of 29 or younger, or 22-29yo products.

Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
They're trying to keep skiing affordable for people of that age.  It was discussed earlier that if ski areas price out the younger skiers, they'll lose a lot of future customers.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
I like the whole concept. Maybe it means some other partnerships and the lowering of season passes in the East.

From the NY metro area I give it a meh. The big value point is Hunter and Mt Snow. Let's face it, NH is a haul from NY metro. For the same or less driving you can ski almost all of VT with its generally better natural snow totals and terrain choices. NH might be an occasional diversion, but not a big addition. Jack Frost and Big Boulder are so small  I would consider them no value.

From Massachusetts, CT, RI, NH - having 3 in NH and Mt Snow - the pass becomes a lot more interesting.
Reply | Threaded
|

evantful
Certainly agree with the New Hampshire assessment, but more than anything it does add a lot of value to Hunter and Mt Snow Trips. If it doesn't cost anything additional to ski there I will certainly find my way up to NH.

Kind of what you state and I eluded to is that I hope it shakes up some of the pass pricing structure in the Northeast.
I just wish ORDA would offer something alittle more in between with the Ski3 passes.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
For the North Jersey market it's good because JFBB is very close.  It's still one of only 2 multi-resort pass options in the Northeast and is better than the ORDA SKI3 by far.  Hunter is a lot better than Belleayre, and unless Gore is fully open, Mount Snow is better.  Definitely works best for the CT, MA, and RI markets, and there's a ton of people who live there.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
With prices like that , I would imagine the current Big Lift price structure is in jeopardy..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

evantful
I noticed in their FAQ they mention this in regards to the Big Lift card:

"FREQUENT SKIER CARDS

Is the Fanfare, Vertical Value, Big Lift Super Saver cards going to be offered this season?

At this time we do not anticipate offering frequent skier cards.  Other limited time multi-ticket products may be available in the future."
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
There ya go....

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
But you can now get a season pass for a lot less, so it works out well for everyone.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by JasonWx
With the Big Lift Card..A weekend lift ticket cost me 57.00 and weekday was 35.00 ..No money up front..Well 50$ but that was including a anytime ticket..No way am I fronting them 600$..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
evantful wrote
I noticed in their FAQ they mention this in regards to the Big Lift card:

"FREQUENT SKIER CARDS

Is the Fanfare, Vertical Value, Big Lift Super Saver cards going to be offered this season?

At this time we do not anticipate offering frequent skier cards.  Other limited time multi-ticket products may be available in the future."
This is a bummer. Over the years I have had Hunter's frequent skier card for midweek and spring skiing day trips. I have zero desire to ski at Mt Snow. It makes for a new set of parameters. It might keep me away from Hunter.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
With the Big Lift Card..A weekend lift ticket cost me 57.00 and weekday was 35.00 ..No money up front..Well 50$ but that was including a anytime ticket..No way am I fronting them 600$..
We have the same thought process.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
In reply to this post by x10003q
Those season passes are a very impressive price point.  

Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Wow, a pass product comes out that is pretty much the best deal in the east and you can still find a reason to complain about it.