Today's Paddle

164 messages Options
1 ... 14151617
Harvey Harvey
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Today's Paddle

Telemark Dave wrote
It sure is nice getting out every AM for dawn patrol SUP or  ski paddle before heading off for a day of enslavement to the Babylon Shitstem.  (Actually I do love my job, it just sounds so woke to talk like a Rasta)

Yesterday morning...

This AM..

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Telemark Dave Telemark Dave
Reply |

Bit of an update on my “ski” progress..   it’s been a great (and often wet) summer of learning to ski!  Like most activities and sports , one gets luckier the more you practice.  Funny about that, eh???  

Overall, acquiring (or reacquiring) butt proprioception is certainly as much about your head game as it is your sitting game.  SUP paddling, by comparison, is waaaaaaay more easier, especially if one is a skier.. it’s all about your feet.

Anyway, so here you go.  TD the SOAPer.

JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |

Sorry, no pics.

Today while in Lake Placid we did Paradox Bay to Pulpit Rock and back via SUP.  Probably 2 to 2.5 miles of paddling round trip.  Easy out with the wind at our backs.  Coming back into a stiff wind was pretty tough, and apparently (? or so someone told us?) East Lake/Lake Placid has a current, against which we were paddling.  So, beer and hot tub were in order once we got back to shore!

In two hours we saw maybe 4 other paddle boards and a half dozen kayaks.  Not very busy at all.  Fun day on the lake.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |

Sometimes I get to go canoeing as part of my job. Today we had a damp but fun morning taking tourism students from Georgian College for a North Canoe tour. It was a big group, so we used four of the big 10-passenger Voyageur canoes and a few regular canoes. There were young adults from Hong Kong, Columbia, Peru, India and Canada in my canoe. What a blast!

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
1 ... 14151617