Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Utah court hands Park City Mountain Resort to Vail

snoloco
x10003q wrote
Marcski wrote
gorgonzola wrote
we all can't be as cool and 'core as coach and petex - go to park city sno, you and your folks will have a GREAT time and that's what it's really all about!
Well, I don't think Park City has a cabrio lift like Loco's beloved MC, but I'm sure he and his parents could slum it a bit in Park City. ;).
Park West has a cabriolet lift out of the parking lot to the base area
Yes they do, the only cabriolet at a mountain that has no affiliation with Intrawest.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
I am planning at least one Gore trip next season to ride the new ADK Express so I can tell Peetex whether it is a top or bottom drive (although I will know beforehand).  
Do that please. If I can still bribe my buddy with a sixer of Ubu for a ticket I might even give'r a whirl. If not, I'll just be glad you did.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
PeeTex wrote
Yep, you guys got me pegged, I'm one cool, core, mean machine.

I call bullshit...that's totally ME!!
If your gonna call bull shit you should at least give us a precise measurement.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Why?? You had it all figured out
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
snoloco wrote
As for a workout regimen, my dad and I are committing to downhill mountain biking this summer.  The reason I absolutely suck at skiing bumps is because I rarely have an opportunity to ski them.  
I'm hoping that you plan to ride the bike up the hill instead of using a lift.  Downhill would imply you don't plan to ride up the hill.  Not much cardio going on if you are using a lift.

It's also pretty hard to ski the bumps well without a strong core and biking is not going to develop that.

The basis of good bump skiing is a solid short turn.  work on skiing a tight corridor on the side of groomers to develop your short turns.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Coach Z wrote
I'm hoping that you plan to ride the bike up the hill instead of using a lift.  Downhill would imply you don't plan to ride up the hill.  Not much cardio going on if you are using a lift.

It's also pretty hard to ski the bumps well without a strong core and biking is not going to develop that.

The basis of good bump skiing is a solid short turn.  work on skiing a tight corridor on the side of groomers to develop your short turns.
I have been and will be taking the lift.  However, when I rode on Monday, I felt it in my entire body.  Just because gravity is working for you doesn't mean it isn't physically demanding.  I have a hill climb ride that I sometimes do, but there is an ice cream shop at the top, so I usually add back on all the calories I burn, still is good for cardio though.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I don't even know how to respond to that
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I'm beginning to think Loco may be F-ing with us.  Can any kid really be this lazy and committed to becoming a fat slob?

If a decent % of his generation is like this we are totally screwed in the future.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Coach Z wrote
I'm beginning to think Loco may be F-ing with us.  Can any kid really be this lazy and committed to becoming a fat slob?

If a decent % of his generation is like this we are totally screwed in the future.
What the hell Coach ! So are you good at pumping a bike up little Whiteface ? Let's us know how you make out so we don't call you a fat lazy slob.
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
i think that the Loco fitness thread may beat out the voluminous Greek Peak thread. i'm beginning to side with coach. the ice cream response seemed over the top. i feel buttons are being pushed. i think weekly fitness pictures and stats are needed. Loco, you have become the surrogate poster boy for youth fitness in america. the free world or at least the snow world depends upon your uber fitness level next year. go for it.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
frk wrote
i think that the Loco fitness thread may beat out the voluminous Greek Peak thread.
Listen hear buckoo.....Nothing beats Greek Peak
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Just got back from a bike ride.  Did 9 miles in an hour and a half.  About 2 miles were single track, and the rest was gravel roads.  This includes stopping for water and looking at maps.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Coach Z wrote

Seems a little harsh - nothing wrong with fat people,
Winston Churchill was rather portly as I recall, although - come to think of it, so was Hermann Goering...

Maybe Sno should burn this image into his brain.

Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by frk
frk wrote
i think that the Loco fitness thread may beat out the voluminous Greek Peak thread. i'm beginning to side with coach. the ice cream response seemed over the top. i feel buttons are being pushed. i think weekly fitness pictures and stats are needed. Loco, you have become the surrogate poster boy for youth fitness in america. the free world or at least the snow world depends upon your uber fitness level next year. go for it.
If you must have it.

Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
snoloco wrote
If you must have it.

Where did you get that picture of Coach - a legend in his own mind.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
snoloco wrote
Just got back from a bike ride.  Did 9 miles in an hour and a half.  About 2 miles were single track, and the rest was gravel roads.  This includes stopping for water and looking at maps.

Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
That's better. People who spend the winter riding up to ski down shouldn't complain when others do the same in the summer with their bikes.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Snowballs wrote
That's better. People who spend the winter riding up to ski down shouldn't complain when others do the same in the summer with their bikes.
Your absolutely right.
Reply | Threaded
|

Skidds
In Coach's defense, I don't think he ever claimed that he skied to get in shape.  If he had, your comment would be spot on.  The best way to ski or mtb yourself into shape would be to skin or ride up.  Sure, after skiing or biking downhill you will be sore, because those activities employ muscle groups that you might not normally use, but it doesn't mean it is getting you in any kind of real shape.

Not saying this is Loco, but now I'm stuck with this hilarious image of a fat kids struggling up a hill on his training-wheeled bike just to get to a bowl of ice cream......

Now, someone commence with the discussion of how much better Loco's downhill mtb experience would be if he developed some core strength......'cause that is certainly true!
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
This "hill" is actually a mountain.  It is not an easy ride at all.  I ride over 5 miles just to get to the bottom of it. Then you climb like 600 vertical feet in 7/10ths of a mile.  I do it all backwards to get back.  It is about a 12 mile round trip.  BTW, the mountain is actually Mount Peter.