WF would be better without the union

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
72 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WF would be better without the union

tjf1967
I don't consider any hill south of K a real hill.  I lived in Albany for 40 years.  It takes less time to get to whiteface than K.

You missed my point about snow making.  
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by x10003q
Mt.  Snow.  Easier drive.  I used to see the traffic jams of jersey plates outside of troy.  The access road is a zoo.

Blomley, Okemo,Stratton you either go through Bennington or Cambridge both routes are slow.
Killing ton you have to go through Whitehall and Rut land.

All those hills have slow roads with traffic jams.  If that's easier than driving up 87 then over to whiteface my bad.

Any other nonsense you need me to clear up for you?
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
I looked at those pictures at Stowe.  Seems there are a lot more photo stars over in Vermont.   We dont stop to take pictures of the powder we just ski it.  Not kidding.

YES I am equating the amount of man made on trails to a good skiing experience.  When the base it there you dont need a two footer to create a powder day.  

I have nothing against your little hills over in the greens, I just prefer big ones.
No pictures because they are rarely worth taking. You claim to have some continuous knee deep footage from this year......post it up

But you still need some snow that doesn't completely blow away as is common on WF

Little. I guess you haven't taken a run off Mansfield. 400-500 of above tree line skiing that leads to 2000+ continuous vert of some of the nicest tree skiing in the E. Which is being skied this year. Unlike WF and its  BS across the fall line glades

Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
tjf1967 wrote
What he said.^^^

Musta been a whiteout.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by skimore
.  Nice pic I guess.  Hey go where u want.  Everything I wrote hold water.  Your responses are offensive.   Your bullying grammar is not appreciated.  
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
tjf1967 wrote
Mt.  Snow.  Easier drive.  I used to see the traffic jams of jersey plates outside of troy.  The access road is a zoo.

Blomley, Okemo,Stratton you either go through Bennington or Cambridge both routes are slow.

All those hills have slow roads with traffic jams.  If that's easier than driving up 87 then over to whiteface my bad.

for once I totally agree with TJF - traffic is crazy on those small roads to those southern VT hills

anything south of Gore and K-mart are just hills not mountains which are skied by masses of city bound lemmings.  Their blacks are in same category as WF's more difficult blues like Victoria.  

Stowe is a nice ski area and it has some really good trails but it has less vert than WF does from just the Gondi on LWF

My ranking of the top 5 Northeastern ski MOUNTAINS for expert skiers

1) Whiteface
2) Jay Peak
3) Stowe
4) Sugarloaf
5) tie between Gore and Sugarbush

have not ever skied Cannon but i hear it rates well

This year Stowe is looks to be doing better than WF for snow but in past years that LES machine gets turned on and WF gets pounded.

A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Union or no union, 300"+ snowfall or 150" snowfall, poma's or gondola's, just enjoy where you ski. The best snow is always under your feet!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by ausable skier
My ranking of the top 5 Northeastern ski MOUNTAINS for expert skiers

1) Whiteface
2) Jay Peak
3) Stowe
4) Sugarloaf
5) tie between Gore and Sugarbush

not to be a wise ass, there's a small area called Mad River Glen. MRG should be ranked 1 or 2..IMO and lets not forget Smugg's!
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
tjf1967 wrote
I don't consider any hill south of K a real hill.
Obvi you've never been to Greek Peak ...lol
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by ausable skier
ausable skier wrote
for once I totally agree with TJF - traffic is crazy on those small roads to those southern VT hills
o, yeah!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
tjf1967 wrote

I should have read your mind about the new Vermont border just south of Killington.

The ride to Mt Snow does suck and that is why I have been skiing mostly at Gore for 25 years. But there is now a bypass (279)  that goes around Bennington and connects directly with 7. This has made the drive to Stratton way easier. By the way LP and WF are about 25 miles of single lane from 87 - not exactly West Mountain like. It still takes over an hour longer to get to WF vs Stratton or Gore.

As I said WF is one of my favorites and it is clearly easier to get to from NJ vs Sugarbush, Stowe, Smuggs, and Jay.
But those places usually have better snow and better terrain options for intermediate skiers. When I ski with my family I try to make sure everybody will be happy with the mountain. That is why Gore has been my home mountain.