West Mountain Conditions

158 messages Options
1234 ... 16
K man K man
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

West Mountain Conditions

Last night West fired up the snow guns for the first time this season.  I can hear that hum from my house.  
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
freeheeln freeheeln
Reply |

Re: West Mountain Conditions

saw them going today
K man K man
Reply |

Went over the West to stretch my legs after work yesterday and was pleasantly suprised.  The 3-inches of new was mixed with some loose granular and piled up along the sides of almost every trail.  
ml242 ml242
Reply |

Sweet, hope to get there this season.
Adk Jeff Adk Jeff
Reply |

Yeah, the skiing was good Wednesday night.  But… overall I’ve been unimpressed with West’s snowmaking and grooming last year and so far this year.  In the past I felt they really put out a quality product. While there are many factors, not the least of which is weather, the bottom line is I think their product has deteriorated.
DackerDan DackerDan
Reply |

Hard and fast tonight as was expected, lost a lot of snow on all the trails. Time to make again.
Adk Jeff Adk Jeff
Reply |

Good conditions at West last night.  Snowmakers have built up some impressive mounds, guns were running last night.
K man K man
Reply |

I hit West after work yesterday and I have to say, it was really nice.  It snowed all evening, hard at times, and was soft hero snow.  I didn't hit anything even close to hard pack.  We were hitting 4-5 inches of untracked along the sides of the trails all evening.  For the last hour the liftie told us there were only 8 people on the hill and 5 of them were kids, so that's why were were getting the untracked.  Skied till the lifts closed at 9 p.m. I only ski West in the evenings, and this was the best night skiing in the past couple years.  
YUKON CORNELIUS YUKON CORNELIUS
Reply |

Lift tickets are now $17 to ski any five hours for the rest of the season.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
YUKON CORNELIUS YUKON CORNELIUS
Reply |

Hit West last night. $17 for 8 or so runs. They got a lot of snow, but it was the heavy stuff. Got my wife back out on skis for the first time in 2 years.

On the downside, the place is kind of falling apart. No brush cutting, chairs and poles rusting away. Etc. Sad.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
1234 ... 16