Wet Guns

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
49 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Wet Guns

Brownski
Don’t be too hard on your dad. Pushing dirt around is always fun. I do understand where you’re coming from in terms of Snow-volume. The heavier stuff is better for building jumps anyway right?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
Right. Jumps need to be as heavy and compressed as possible with a little bit of soft stuff on top that can be created with grooming.

Not trying to be hard on my dad. Father's and sons never see eye to eye. I understand why he wanted to make his property the way he wanted it as he will probably live there the rest of his life. Making snow on it is my thing not his.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
LOL sounds like Dad's trying to give you a hint...  Doors over there, bud!   

Next week:
"Ethan... We put an indoor hot tub in your bedroom... so you're probably not going to be able to sleep here any more, right?"
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Chris
I laughed.  
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Haha! That was funny af!

“Go play ski area manager on your own property kid.”
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
He can play ski area manager at my place. We need snow for our Larry Enticer antics.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Larry is Larry of the charts!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
In reply to this post by Chris
Chris wrote
LOL sounds like Dad's trying to give you a hint...  Doors over there, bud!   

Next week:
"Ethan... We put an indoor hot tub in your bedroom... so you're probably not going to be able to sleep here any more, right?"
That's right! Problem is my bedroom didn't even exist until I built the space in our attic/upstairs myself. I really just have way too much sweat equity tied up on almost every aspect of his property, and that is kind of what keeps me here. It's a win-win for both of us most of the time.  I really don't think he's trying to get me to leave.

If I get kicked out of the house, I'll move in to this special place that I also built for him for free this fall. I even have a solid number tied up in materials. The upstairs would make a perfect apartment.

Before too long, I'll be building my own one of these, maybe a little bigger on my own piece of property. It's a pretty inexpensive, and practical living situation for the short term. Build your barn first. build a temporary living quarters upstairs, move all your shit in, then, if it becomes necessary down the road, build a house
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day