What are you doing with your stimulus money?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
62 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What are you doing with your stimulus money?

dmc_hunter
campgottagopee wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote
dmc_hunter wrote
Make too much... Not getting it..  Been working my ass off the last month.
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize this was an "I'm too rich" complaining thread. Should of expected that on a ski forum.

Camp, if you hate unemployment so much and you're such a good salesman, just sell yourself and get a job with an essential business. You can probably be working by next week.
Wow! Asshole much?
Play that victim card...
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
My taxes are inseparable from the company.  I'm pretty sure it means no check for me. Not complaining at all, as I am still working.

Glad you're bringing in some $$.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by dmc_hunter
Right???

Good to hear from you DMC.
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
campgottagopee wrote
Right???

You know - I check in from time to time..
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
dmc_hunter wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Right???

As you should.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
As i said I think its a bad idea to send it to everyone - this money should be going to unemployed but the states are so F'ed up the extra money they gave for employment has not yet been sent out.  Essentially I just got a loan from my grandkids that are not born yet.  Bad idea but it is a done deal.  If you do get the money and are working as I am I believe you have an obligation to spend this money as fast and as locally as possible so that it helps others as it multiplies itself thru use in the local economy.

If you efiled your tax return and had a direct deposit you already should have gotten your money.  It phases out between $150k and $224k in gross income for a couple depending on how many kids you have.  If you have a wife and two kids you are looking at $3400

If you didn't have direct deposit set up you will get a check but it will take a lot longer.  I think there are some other more complicated tax situations where you won't get a check probably having to do with owning a small business since they basically gave business owners free money  to pay wages and rent.

The generator i got was this one - i have a buddy that is a contractor that has two of these and says they are great
https://www.championpowerequipment.com/product/100296-7500-watt-dual-fuel-generator/
It was on sale last week for $699
I'll have a contractor put in a transfer switch in when this Covid crap dies down a bit
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
dmc_hunter wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Right???

As you should.
Mainly so some lame ass rando can accuse me of being "too rich"  and "complaining".
But you know - the people that. made bad choices and are suffering are taking it out on us that prepared for this moment.   Im gladly giving up a portion of my salary right now to assist.   Just not to assholes
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
dmc_hunter wrote
Mainly so some lame ass rando can accuse me of being "too rich"  and "complaining".
It wasn't directed at you. Your post made me realize that there was a reason that everyone was saying "what stimulus". Your post was helpful. Everyone else (who knows full well why they didn't get a check but still comes in with the "what stimulus?" take) was being snarky and whining.
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
MC2 5678F589 wrote
dmc_hunter wrote
It wasn't directed at you. Your post made me realize that there was a reason that everyone was saying "what stimulus". Your post was helpful. Everyone else (who knows full well why they didn't get a check but still comes in with the "what stimulus?" take) was being snarky and whining.
Well then... You really suck at posting because that was a post with my quote in it..   I am not one of those people you lumped me in to..  I'm happy to give up part of my salary right now.  AND I don't expect anything from anyone.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
dmc_hunter wrote

But you know - the people that. made bad choices and are suffering are taking it out on us that prepared for this moment.   Im gladly giving up a portion of my salary right now to assist.   Just not to assholes
Yep. You did the right thing telling him to go fuck himself. Silver spooner and all.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
dmc_hunter wrote
Well then... You really suck at posting because that was a post with my quote in it..   I am not one of those people you lumped me in to..  I'm happy to give up part of my salary right now.  AND I don't expect anything from anyone.
I guess it didn't come across well.

I thought you made a good point, so that's why I quoted it.

You didn't complain at all, so I assumed you wouldn't lump yourself in when I said people were complaining. I guess that was a bad assumption.

I'm sorry that I was unclear.

And camp, if you don't sell your $12k snowmobile and donate the proceeds to Doctors Without Borders, you're just another rich guy who doesn't care about anyone but yourself
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Z
If you permanently installed a generator I don't think you pay sales tax.  Home Improvement.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC, are you still on Dad's family cell phone plan or are you paying for your own now.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
campgottagopee wrote
MC, are you still on Dad's family cell phone plan or are you paying for your own now.
Wut? I never was on a family plan?

This question is a bit weirdly specific though. Are *you* on your parents' plan or something?

For someone who doesn't know me, you really seem to think you do.
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
MC2 5678F589 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Wut? I never was on a family plan?

This question is a bit weirdly specific though. Are *you* on your parents' plan or something?

For someone who doesn't know me, you really seem to think you do.
You know... You're playing right into his hand...
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
dmc_hunter wrote
You know... You're playing right into his hand...
?

I don't know? Is camp trying to "get" me somehow?

For someone who talks about other people being bullies, he sure likes to bully people a lot.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote

No, they are on mine.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
My dad is on my sisters.  I asked her if I could jump on...she said no:(
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
tjf1967 wrote
My dad is on my sisters.  I asked her if I could jump on...she said no:(
Rt on.....lol 💯
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
If you permanently installed a generator I don't think you pay sales tax.  Home Improvement.
It is a portable generator and I’ll have installed a manual transfer switch - maybe 400 for switch and install I’m told
I wanted the whole house type but my wife would Not go for it
A whole house runs about $3500 plus another grand for the smart auto transfer switch plus 500-1000 for installation and you have to pour a concrete pad for it.  My wife was concerned we didn’t have a good spot for it where it would not be seen from the driveway plus the costs.

Looks like a really nice well made generator from setting it up out of the box.
generator prices went up this week probably because of the stimulus money.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time