What are you doing with your stimulus money?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
62 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What are you doing with your stimulus money?

JTG4eva!
Z....I’m assuming your arsenal of four letter words is well stocked, and that your wife can survive hearing them?

We have a portable.  Use it once every couple years, either from a snowstorm or a thunderstorm.  While I should go out and start it periodically, I don’t.  Change the gas?  Nope.  When needed there is probably a good hour or two of cussing that takes place (think Old Man Parker and the dang-blasted furnace), until I finally get the thing going.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
It’s for emergencies
We have had two multiple day outages over like 10 years
I had my father in laws gas fueled generator for the last one which was last spring I think
I definitely wanted duel fuel so I could use my hook up for my gas grill which comes off my 600 lbs propane tank
We heat and cook totally with propane
The generator I bought has electric start
My buddy has the same one and warned me I have to replace the battery every couple years
This should be perfect for what I need it for
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Here's another reason that Americans aren't getting stimulus checks: they're married to a non-citizen:

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-04-20/u-s-citizens-coronavirus-stimulus-checks-spouses-immigrants
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Z
I just had a 6k installed permanently for 7300 bucks ready to go.. not in my house my uncles.  I am going power walls.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Here's another reason that Americans aren't getting stimulus checks: they're married to a non-citizen:

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-04-20/u-s-citizens-coronavirus-stimulus-checks-spouses-immigrants
No, it's because the spouse doesn't have a SSN. Non-citizen can get a SSN.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Z wrote
As i said I think its a bad idea to send it to everyone - this money should be going to unemployed but the states are so F'ed up the extra money they gave for employment has not yet been sent out.  Essentially I just got a loan from my grandkids that are not born yet.  Bad idea but it is a done deal.  If you do get the money and are working as I am I believe you have an obligation to spend this money as fast and as locally as possible so that it helps others as it multiplies itself thru use in the local economy...

The generator i got was this one - i have a buddy that is a contractor that has two of these and says they are great
https://www.championpowerequipment.com/product/100296-7500-watt-dual-fuel-generator/
It was on sale last week for $699
This guy thinks that he got a loan from his grandkids that aren't born yet and believes that he should spend the money fast & locally.

So he bought a generator manufactured in China.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
No, it's because the spouse doesn't have a SSN. Non-citizen can get a SSN.
Can they? With Trump's new Immigration ban in effect?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Don't know about that. Imo something like that should've been done long before this pandemic ever happened. I was simply pointing out that you were putting bad information out there. Not sure why you must spin everything.

Then you come in here and bust on Z for no reason. What a dick you are.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
campgottagopee wrote
Don't know about that. Imo something like that should've been done long before this pandemic ever happened
What should have been done? The spouse should have gotten a social security number so their American citizen husband/wife could have collected the money that he/she was legally owed?

Then you come in here and bust on Z for no reason. What a dick you are.
He insisted that the money has to be spent fast (right after I said I was going to do my renovations in the fall), then he said he wanted to spend the money locally... So he bought a generator manufactured in China.

You need to do a better job of paying attention to people's actions and spend less time getting offended by the words on internet forums.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Offended? Not in the least. I pointed out your spin and told you I think you're a dick for jumping on Z.

I'm fully aware of what Z said. I think it's great he's in a position to spend the money both locally and to help his family. My hat is off to him.

Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I switched devices to get past the paywall. That is a weird carve out. I'd like to fiduciary who put it in the bill before I freak ot though. Also would have to research what the exact situation is with these individuals. Seems like it's probably not a big group.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Not every immigrant is eligible to obtain a SSN.  In 1996 the IRS created the ITIN (acts/looks like a SSN), so that individuals who are not eligible to obtain a SSN could pay taxes.  So, you have people living in the US, who are not illegal and have registered with the IRS, who are paying income tax.  The carve out of ITINs from the stimulus program does seem unfair.

If you are an immigrant without status, here illegally, not paying taxes.....that would be different.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Do you know if they pay payroll taxes? Or how big a group it is? Seems like there is more to it.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Seems like it affects millions of taxpaying families.  Don’t know on the Payroll taxes.  I’m sure they have income taxes withheld, but if ITIN payers aren’t eligible for Soc Sec benefits then they probably shouldn’t have other payroll taxes withheld?
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Thanks Campy

MC is just a dick by his nature by nature he can’t help himself

I researched the generator and the web site says it’s made in Milwalkee
Looks like the engine was built in China now that I have it home - I just went out and checked the box.
Balance of generator done in US
My intention was to buy a US product.  My buddy also recommended it which shortened my search and I jumped to get the last one that they had in stock locally.  It is a bit hard to comparison shop right now.  I didn’t even go in the store.  I paid over the phone and pulled my f150 up called them and them and they put it in the truck.
I have a rock wall behind my driveway I use as a loading dock.  My son calls it a Dak dock that we used to get it out with a dolly.

MC would probably be much happier living in Cali where they took $125m of the Stimulus 3 money and gave it to illegals pretty much assuring states would not be seeing any more stimulus money.   I recently read a study that found white male bleeding heart liberals are 5 times more likely to have mental issues than conservatives because they blame themselves for the perceived inequalities they see in the world.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Thacheronix
Z wrote
I recently read a study that found white male bleeding heart liberals are 5 times more likely to have mental issues than conservatives because they blame themselves for the perceived inequalities they see in the world.
Link please
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Z wrote
   I recently read a study that found white male bleeding heart liberals are 5 times more likely to have mental issues than conservatives because they blame themselves for the perceived inequalities they see in the world.
Lol, I would also love to read this study that you definitely saw and didn't just make up in your (healthy?) conservative brain.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Z wrote

MC would probably be much happier living in Cali where they took $125m of the Stimulus 3 money and gave it to illegals pretty much assuring states would not be seeing any more stimulus money.  
I saw that too.  I'm thankful I live on the east coast.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
It even has lots of charts and graphs with legit data just how you like it

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/04/does-liberalism-cause-mental-illness.php

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/unique-everybody-else/201902/are-conservatives-healthier-liberals
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Lol, you can't see the obvious flaws here?

Like, they tell you what the flaws are, and you still don't see them?

Obviously, the... study has some caveats. First, as a correlational study, it cannot directly show that there are any causal relationships between the variables. For example, does being conservative lead to taking more responsibility, or is it the other way around?

Additionally, conservatism was not defined, so participants in the study could interpret it in any way they preferred
These aren't "studies", they're opinion surveys.