classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
38 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

When the bleep is it going to get cold?

ausable skier
This post was updated on .
you guys know way more about the weather then me - when are we going to have snow making temps for at least 5 days?
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: when the bleep is it going to get cold?

JasonWx
This post was updated on .
as of now no substitutable cold air until after Thanksgiving
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
today accuweather's Long range forecast is showing snow making temps for LP starting the evening of Nov 22 and staying below freezing during the next few days - Jason does that look correct to you?

if they can make some snow up high before that WF may be ok to open for the day after Thanksgiving - looks iffy though
Reply | Threaded
|

HoliScott
not  bleeping soon enough!  
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by ausable skier
I don't see any prolonged cold snaps..maybe a day or two maybe 3 days. then followed by a warm up..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
starting to look more positive - this is a LP forecast so that is mid station - should be colder up higher no?

Today  11Rain & Snow
40° Lo 23°
12Partly Cloudy
43° Lo 26°
13Mostly Cloudy
53° Lo 36°
  14Mostly Cloudy
52° Lo 31°
 15Partly Cloudy
46° Lo 30°  16Partly Cloudy
45° Lo 30°  17Mostly Cloudy
37° Lo 23°
  18Cloudy
30° Lo 13°
  19Partly Sunny
30° Lo 27°
20Rain
46° Lo 29°
  21Rain
52° Lo 32°
  22Rain
50° Lo 10°
°  23Sunny
29° Lo 7°
°  24Sunny
27° Lo 9°
  25Cloudy
28° Lo 8°
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Yes there will be a couple of cold days..but the long wave pattern is fairly zonal and that is not the recipe for a  prolonged cold spell..
lets all hope for above normal temps through the first week of Dec. Then we can have  pattern change..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
it is WAY too warm for November...two years in a row with such a late start to the season..

by the way, anyone else find the Belleayre website annoying? It's been "Tentative Opening Date: (Insert whatever the next coming Saturday is)" since the beginning of November...The weather's not showing any signs of getting cold for the next week, there's no way they're going to open on the 19th, but they're still playing with my emotions. -_-
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
jimvdak wrote
it is WAY too warm for November...two years in a row with such a late start to the season..

by the way, anyone else find the Belleayre website annoying? It's been "Tentative Opening Date: (Insert whatever the next coming Saturday is)" since the beginning of November...The weather's not showing any signs of getting cold for the next week, there's no way they're going to open on the 19th, but they're still playing with my emotions. -_-

another sign of bell's management not understanding how to turn a profit - as much as i don't like it WF won't open unitl a the day after Thanksgiving because making snow that early that has such a high chance of melting is not a smart economic decision.  If that is true for WF it 100 times truer 150 miles south of WF

instead of orda talking over Bell it would be a lot cheaper just to promote WF's asst mgr and send him down to Bell and the DEC to straighten out the operation per the playbook that has worked for Orda
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
If it seems like it's taking longer for winter to arrive, here's some statistical evidence:
Autumn Is Warming at the Fastest Rate
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
looks like a cool-down in the catskills over the next week...skiing by thanksgiving maybe??
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
cool down over then next couple of days with a chance of flurries then turning sharply warmer for sunday.. Then cooler next week with a chance of light snow wed or thanksgiving day. Then followed by very warm weather..

the good news is that the long range is starting to get a colder look to it..so in time things should start to look better
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
i want to cry...
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
no need to cry...soooo early ...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
Haha it was just painful getting an update on all the resorts opening this weekend out west..and sunday river and k-mart are so close, yet so far...it's painful
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
In reply to this post by ausable skier
New tentative opening date for Belleayre: Nov 25th...taking bets on when they'll change that again.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Darrin from Adirondack Weathersite is calling for patience:

http://www.adirondackweathersite.com/2011/11/wait-for-winter-2011-2012.html
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
so have I..
for the last 3 weeks i have said that the season wouldn't really get started until the 1st or second week of Dec
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Zippy
ski forums, with their preponderance of boys, aren't known to be brimming with patience. i predict it will snow this year, sooner than the experts think.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
Zippy wrote
ski forums, with their preponderance of boys, aren't known to be brimming with patience. i predict it will snow this year, sooner than the experts think.
Maybe not known for patience but at least we have good memories... it already has snowed this year so your prediction is a little weak....