Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Whiteface Pass Deadlines (2011)

Snowballs
Banned User
This post was updated on .
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
 Do you remember sending me PMs on SKIADK implying that you knew me? I'd ask you about it and you'd say you where kidding. One time you told me you drove by my house. I asked you if you knew where I lived and you again said you were kidding around.
Whoa ! No.  On the open board I mentioned my family maybe going up to placid/Face for something and I quiped I'ld beep! the horn driving by you house.

It was just banter ,HPD.

No idea where you live....Don't care.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Lots of good points raised by SB, X, Ausable, HPD and others.  As with siblings, nothing will ever be exactly "fair" or "equal."  The two mountains compelement each other and I'm pleased with the investments and improvements that have been made in both facilities, but I can understand why some may feel that ORDA is overly LP-centric.  What I really want to know is when will Gore's snowmaking plant be brought up to par (it needs to be at least doubled) and when will Gore be operated as a true destination ski resort, with full midweek operations.  After all, the idea behind ORDA is to stimulate economic activity in the region.  It seems disingenuous to claim that they don't run Gore with full access mid-week because nobody shows up to ski:  they SHOULD run the lifts and open the terrain so that people DO show up to ski.  That's their mission.
Reply | Threaded
|

freshyslayer
I think that each resort has more controll of their own destiny that everyone thinks. Did anyone ever think of that?
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
I think that Gore would have been much better served by the recent investment of not making the connection to town.  Brunt ridge could have been better placed to avoid the half mile flat spot if it didn't have to placed close to the ski bowl.  That lift should have been about half way down that flat right about where you run out of speed getting to it and then sagmore could have been routed back towards the lift across what is now glades.  The connector back to the ski bowl is more x-c trail than anything.  Those flat spots do not hold snow well into spring so their season is effectively a month shorter than the rest of the area.

Someone with some perspective should have analyzed Gore's strenghts and weaknesses and said jeez we just can't build any more x-c trails here.  As much as i hate the flats for lower level skiers and families with kids they are truely a nightmare.  The memory of hauling little Johnny or Suzy across the flats will stick with mom and dad next time they are deciding where to go spend their money skiing.  I'd bet the ranch the flats are why Gore is not ranked better in the Ski magazine ratings.

The expansion has made Gore a lot bigger but unfortunately not made it better.  That money could have been spent on many other Gore and WF projects that truely do make both mountains better.
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Email from Whiteface today:

Last year Whiteface had 247” of natural snow and many days of glorious sunshine and corduroy snow.

Get your pass today and never miss that unplanned opportunity to get out here and get first tracks!

SPECIAL BONUS

Free $25 Whiteface Mountain Dining Card
Free Rossignol Rental

First 25 people that purchase a Whiteface Season Pass get a $25 gift card for any of our 6 On-Mountain Dining locations and a chance to try our new Rossignol Experience Skis with Rocker Technology!

Purchase online or by phone and use promo code: WFSPGC11
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp