59 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NY Ski Area Experts

ausable skier
Noah John wrote
Harv:

It always gets contentious when anyone who skis in the Peoples Republic of Birkenstocks and Over-Rated Cheese read posts from Whiteface folk because they have a bug up their ass about WF.  Deep down, they know its bigger, steeper and better.  They know it's the only mountain in the East with an FIS sanctioned DH.  They know all of this and they may even know that those little green knolls they call "mountains" are getting smaller every year while the ADKs continue to grow.  So when someone mentions WF they get defensive and lash out.  It's not their fault; they're confronted with  their mediocrity every time they gaze West to the ADKs or East to the Whites.  So they've basically strung a chairlift or two on any height of land rising more than 500 feet and then, through the miracles of marketing, convinced the clueless hordes along the I-95 corridor that they're the epicenter of Eastern skiing.  Many of you from that area have discovered the Big Lie though and that doesn't sit well with either the perpetrators of said Lie or those who have been duped by it.  Pretty simple really.
+1 and you are much funnier when you are not ripping into me
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Noah John
Noah John wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Peoples Republic of Birkenstocks  

That made me laugh
Ever walk through downtown Burlington?  Bunch of dirty druids on single speeds nibbling on organic falafel and sipping chai lattes between puffs of hand-rolled clove cigarettes.
LOL...Yes, I lived in Smuggs for 4 years....they never really understood the redneck thingE

PS...I had to look up falafel...i'd eat my dogs food be4 that
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
In reply to this post by ausable skier
Hey we may disagree about a few of the incidentals but at the end of the day we both live where we do because we know the deal.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Actually I like falafel.  Even if it is Hippy Chow.
Reply | Threaded
|

nvk497
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
Find me one day this year where it was clearly better at WF vs say Stowe. Maybe a few on par
Skimore why exactly are you even interested in participating in a New York ski forum?  Obviously skiing in New York state is not to your liking.  There must be a Vermont ski forum that suits you better.
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
In reply to this post by Noah John
falafel is the best! i bring to meatfest!
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
In reply to this post by nvk497
nvk497 wrote
There must be a Vermont ski forum that suits you better.
AlpineZone!  He'd fit right in.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Pants
Pants wrote
falafel is the best! i bring to meatfest!
Hippy
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by nvk497
nvk497 wrote
skimore wrote
Find me one day this year where it was clearly better at WF vs say Stowe. Maybe a few on par
Skimore why exactly are you even interested in participating in a New York ski forum?  Obviously skiing in New York state is not to your liking.  There must be a Vermont ski forum that suits you better.
I actually ski quite a bit in NY, but these WF guys get all bent out shape when someone questions  the WF awesomeness and these unsubstantiated claims of great snow
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
I told you.  If you dont believe it then fine.   Now make like a bird.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
tjf1967 wrote
I told you.  
  No shit.  Apparently it's not "substantiated" unless we take pictures and post them on the internet like all the other douchnozzles.  As if we stop skiing to take pictures.  I'll bet Skimoron's one of those dorks with a GoPro velcroed to the top of his helmet.  Friggin' Teletubby.

Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Noah John wrote
tjf1967 wrote
I told you.  
  No shit.  Apparently it's not "substantiated" unless we take pictures and post them on the internet like all the other douchnozzles.  As if we stop skiing to take pictures.  I'll bet Skimoron's one of those dorks with a GoPro velcroed to the top of his helmet.  Friggin' Teletubby.

Just so happens your buddy there claimed to have done the dorky video and when called out on it by someone clammed up
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
I still have the video...  its on U tube go find it.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
skimore wrote
 Just so happens your buddy there claimed to have done the dorky video and when called out on it by someone clammed up
How is a video or a photo going to change your opinion of WF?  Unless you're saying that there is never good snow at WF (is that what you're saying?), aren't you going to continue to cling to your silly misperceptions that make you feel better about schlepping up to Vermont every weekend with all the other suburban superstars?

You're sort of a waste of skin.  Why are you posting on this thread again?  Oh that's right - because you're insecure.

BTW, you're a GoPro Teletubby aren't ya?  Come on...fess up....sing it sister!
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
Noah

I'm with you here but please keep it clean - no need to call nasty names when you clearly have shown much more humor and creativity in taking the VT lover down a notch - I absolutely loved the bierkenstocker line

I totally agree with the go pro comment.  I see way too many gapers skiing with these stupid cameras on their helmets.
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
I wasn't too rough on him, was I?  And to give the guy his due, it takes some balls to come into a forum dedicated to NY skiing and start in like he did.  Gotta respect that.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
skimore wrote
.... but these WF guys get all bent out shape when someone questions  the WF awesomeness and these unsubstantiated claims of great snow
Yea, you just gotta knock 'em down once and a while. It ain't the first spankin applied here.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Whiteface according to the NY Ski Blog Forum Readers:

Everyone who skis at Whiteface is an expert and very well endowed.

Whiteface skiers have the sharpest edges, not that they need them.

Whiteface has the biggest vertical drop and it also gets the most snow, despite what measuring says.

When Whiteface looks at another mountain, that other mountain will get shrinkage, particularly if it's on the other side of lake champlain.

Skating to lifts at Whiteface is basically a BC experience because it's so enormous.

Whiteface is so big it takes canadian lift tickets at par.

Infinity ends when it meets Whiteface, because Whiteface has infinity vertical feet.

The only reason why Santa moved to the north pole is because the reindeer got tired of flying to the top of Whiteface.

The Beatles originally sang "all you need is Whiteface"

If a picture is worth a thousand words, than Whiteface is worth 1 Million issues of Powder.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
ml242 wrote
Whiteface according to the NY Ski Blog Forum Readers:

Everyone who skis at Whiteface is an expert and very well endowed.

Whiteface skiers have the sharpest edges, not that they need them.

Whiteface has the biggest vertical drop and it also gets the most snow, despite what measuring says.

When Whiteface looks at another mountain, that other mountain will get shrinkage, particularly if it's on the other side of lake champlain.

Skating to lifts at Whiteface is basically a BC experience because it's so enormous.

Whiteface is so big it takes canadian lift tickets at par.

Infinity ends when it meets Whiteface, because Whiteface has infinity vertical feet.

The only reason why Santa moved to the north pole is because the reindeer got tired of flying to the top of Whiteface.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, than Whiteface is worth 1 Million issues of Powder.
 Now you're gettin' it!  (That was pretty good.)
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote

This made me laugh...good for you....but, fwiw, it's true. all you really need is WF