Who's being productive today?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
94 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Who's being productive today?

ScottySkis1
Yes Governor Cuomo made it illegal to carry more than 2 rolls of toilet paper. Starting today
April 1 20 20
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Peter Minde
Nice Ax Peter !! nothin' like that PHAT sound from an LP , humbuckers rock !!!

So my main amp,is 120 watt VOX with beaucoup built in effects which i augment on the CLEAN  channel thru a BOSS GT 6 Guitar effects processor ( its a huge stomp box) which can " model" a huge array ( 30)  of  various amps and has 340 different guitar effects which can be used independently OR combined in various effects  ( think like some stuff Rush does with weird sounds ) .   That is wayyyyy cool to do

When the Queen gets,on my case about OUTPUT hahahah i play strictly thru the GT 6 not patched thru the VOX AND use my headset .....makes for a happy Queen and a well fed Warpy
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
Gorganzola,  Only have an after pic which is not the best. And my tech skills are not the best, hopefully this picture is viewable.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Wow, nice guitar, endoftheline.

Funny how many us are dusting off the guitar. Me too.

Last night was the John Prine tribute concert for Blue Toes and the dog. I've got a Takamine N-10, red cedar top, mahogany back and sides. Unusual for a Tak in that it has no electronics. Bought it used in the early 90s and it has settled in very nicely. Need to play it more. If things get really rough, I'll start up the banjo again.

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
Endoftheline, that's a fine axe.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Oh man THAT is a nice one endoftheline.👍🏻

Tres kewl to see all you axemen pickin' n grinnin' again ........🎸keep on rockin' . It is great therapy and brings   joy ( well mebbe if ya turn the volume down ")   says the Queen 😉
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Very nice eotl and sbr, I have guitar envy. One day I’ll have a Martin
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I don’t know how it ended up that rusty to begin with

Still not happy but it’s progress

"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
^ Nice work, Brownski. Love those Estwing hammers, I have one of the lighter versions with the leather handle. It is a joy to use.

In other news, I sold two two canoes today, paid in full, from the comfort of my own own home. I am pretty much the only person actually generating revenue for our company right now, even if it is not a lot in the big picture.

People with money on lockdown are bored and ready to spend.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I went to make an in person sales call for the first time in about two weeks. Even now I manage to find myself stuck in traffic.

Can’t be from volume, right?

What could it be?

Doh! Hopefully no one was hurt.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
looks like the bronx river pkwy
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Close. It’s the Hutch- the all time champ for peeling tractor trailers open like cans of sardines.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
yep

you will never be able to cure stupid
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
In reply to this post by Brownski
I saw one of those happen on the Hutch years ago, I was lucky enough to get by it before the police showed up and stopped traffic. The Hutch is crazy. At least they eliminated the toll booths years ago but the drawbridge near Co Op city was always a wild card.
Reply | Threaded
|

onscott
Got called in to supervise a repeater antenna replacement today for a water utility telemetry system...man it felt good to get back out there even if for one day.  We did our best to stay apart from each other which can be difficult on most job sites.  These trades guys are pretty amazing people - wish the public knew more about the work they do, even when the world goes to crap.

Although my business deals with utilities (water, wastewater, electric, gas) and is deemed "essential", field work mostly dried up as clients were trying to avoid non-critical work.  Schedule is starting to fill up again as clients seem to be slowly moving forward with projects and upgrades.  I have to work in Delaware on Monday and my client sent me an "essential vendor" letter to show the DE State Police when they pull me over as soon as I leave I-95.  NY plates seem to be poison these days.

Anyway, I wanted to share some positive news that will hopefully become the norm sooner than later.  At some point, the nation needs to get back to work.

[Brownski - that was a hilarious story.  World has stopped but only in NY can you still be stuck in traffic LOL!!!]
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
What rocket scientist thought he could bring a tractor trailer on to the Hutch?
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde

A nap is always productive.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Peter Minde
Peter Minde wrote
What rocket scientist thought he could bring a tractor trailer on to the Hutch?
I think the consensus theory is that it’s out of state truckers who don’t the area and are using their personal gps that doesn’t account for truck routes
Reply | Threaded
|

tirolski
These folks in Syracuse have been.
See:
https://jmawireless.com/prevail-ny/
They did it in a couple weeks. There's an embedded video of the Doc and engineer discussing it.
The folks around here built the Erie Canal which was a break through (no pun intended) at it's time before formal engineering schools existed.

As for me Groundhog Day number whatever, just checking news and science lit. If ya type scholar into google it'll take ya to google scholar which searches science articles and patents for free. Access to journals is pretty much wide open for now. Used to have to pay or have account for access. Or before internet, go to the stacks of journals in the library.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
When all the bagel shops are closed and you can't go out..and what else do I have to do?
Real NY style bagels

"Peace and Love"