Who's being productive today?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
94 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Who's being productive today?

Jon951
Finally getting to defrosting the freezer....Chicken Cacciatore in crock pot...wife at work in her hospital's lab supporting COVID 19 battle.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Who's being productive today?

Milo Maltbie
Why ask posters on a regional ski forum "who's productive?"  Isn't the answer obvious?

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by Jon951
Painted two stairwells ( cellar and main staircases ) , installed new mailbox yesterday

Today  washed 4 sets  of curtains.THEN i needed some " Guitar therapy " so been crankin my axes to a little Joe Cocker ,,,yeah i " Kept My Hat On with a Little Help From my Friends and it Unchained My Heart "  just sayin'
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Rawk on bro
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I’m working from home but being pretty productive so far. Feeling very essential at the moment
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Not so much here. Took my one dog to the vet as she's been acting like a nut lately. Turns out she's going senile. Got some calming meds and vet has ordered other supplements that she's seen work.

Other than that we're preparing for happy hour.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by Brownski
My last weeks projects..painted living room, dinning room and now sanding lally columns and re painting them..

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
JasonWx wrote
My last weeks projects..painted living room, dinning room and now sanding lally columns and re painting them..

Looks great!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I'll post pics as I make progress. Planning to start on Wednesday. Turning my old bathroom into a pantry. My house has been under construction for 3 years now. Ugh.

Anyway, here's before.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
This.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951

I laugh when I get these stupid calls...btw..last time I had a car warranty was in 1980 on my POS Plymouth Horizon....Remember peeling the throttle body off the manifold with my hands, then getting the revised aluminum mating adapter with gaskets..what a POS.  
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I think POS is redundant in this case. When you write 1980 Plymouth the POS is assumed
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
In reply to this post by warp daddy
Nice Axe..Les Paul?
Funny as I watched the Tony Polecastro pitch for the instructional guitar playing and was thingink of bustin' out my Les Paul to get back in the guitar playing game while applying therapy to my recovering Duypretren Xiaflex injected left hand (fret board hand, right hand is picking hand)
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
In reply to this post by Brownski

Ur right...I wasted a few keystrokes.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
very nice
i wish i had some carpentry skills
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Our provincial government just announced that all people in "non-essential workplaces" must be prepared to work from home as of tomorrow at midnight. That would be me. I need to start packing up but will check in once I'm set up.

From the press release: "Businesses that can continue operations with employees working remotely, or through other contingency measures, are being given approximately 36 hours to prepare and adapt. Essential services may continue their operations to maintain supply chains and ensure the people of Ontario have access to necessities, including groceries, medicines and other essential products."

Brownski, you are in the booze business, that is an essential service in my books.

Stay sane, everyone.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

trackbiker
In reply to this post by Jon951
I'm actually in the office today as we are considered an essential business as we support essential businesses.
But I'm not being very productive....
Over the weekend I made a list of "all those things you're always meaning to get to but never do." So far I am organizing a shoe box full of photos from the film days that are still in the envelopes that they were returned in and putting them in an album.
For other projects I'm waiting for a few parts that I ordered online but will likely have plenty of time to complete before things get back to normal.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Busy day working from home and supervising junior on our 5+ year ongoing "study project"

God bless my wife, but she's gonna kill me if I don't get this and a bathroom reno done soon...
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
Worked from home today, and will be doing so for the near future. I hand held an entitled alumni through a project that she didn't feel she should have to deal with.  Short story, Cornell (and many colleges and universities) were sued due to lack of ADA compliance.  In the past year, we have had to ramp up to ADA compliance, which means that all pdfs need to be able to be read by a screen reader.  Fair enough.

Her pdf is over 1000 pages long. I ran into resistance from her 24,000 ways and am still running into resistance.  But, I think that I may have come up with a solution.   6 hours of my day were spent with this.  And, OMG, what if the font isn't correct???  Meanwhile, she was saying "Why do blind people have to be able to see the book?" It went downhill from there.  I am, however, still employed after managing to keep the filter on.  We have a lot of entitled faculty in our department  She is worse than any of them.

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Essential here. Worked on a big order for an infrastructure construction project today. Was nice and quiet in the office. Played 2cellos loudly. I hope I can get caught up in order to actually stay home for a day this week. Most in my company are working from home as a precaution except for my department.
I don't rip, I bomb.