52 messages Options
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Why liftopia sucks

Z
You really are clueless

Do you have any idea how much it costs in capital infrastructure for lifts, snowmaking and grooming?  Then there is the manpower and electricity.  

Factor in a 4 to 5 month max season that is only really profitable for late dec thru end of Feb and that U.S. why lift tickets cost what they do.  Before liftopia there was not a good way for ski areas to discount based on capacity.

Your life must really be hell because you sit around worrying about taking any risks at all be it buying a lift ticket or driving.  Please do not feel the need to share your crappy existence with the rest of us.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Just wanted to get something straight. All the authorities are WRONG when they tell people to stay off the road and are pussies, but you guys(a bunch of non-pro recreational east coast skiers...and in the case of coach z....out of shape and elderly) think you know best?
Powass

Just got back from my mt bike ride

I'm in my 40's and I work out 5 times a week and I can ski circles around your lazy young butt
lol....Well you still look like a Sasquatch.  
That's a rough looking 40 something...I thought for sure you were getting the senior discounts at the mountain.

Just kidding bro...
Seriously I'm just joking dude.

You want to post some videos of me skiing? I think I'm going to take some this year. Not go pro crap, but have someone tape me coming down a trail.
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by Glade Runner
Glade Runner wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Harvey wrote

Pow maybe say your piece once or thrice and then give someone else a chance.
No one else has had a chance? Are you KIDDING me? This is like a 10 man team up against me. And it always takes at least two to tango.

Skiing is a rip off at most places. Snow ridge has "fixed costs" and they manage to make a profit with 1% of the volume of people as Vermont resorts. They charge 19 bucks for a lift ticket. Hell even wachusett has some descent mid week pass prices Liftopia is a joke because fake snow sucks compared to groomed or even UNgroomed real snow and it could be raining as well. So buying ahead is useless unless you enjoy boiler plate. I'd be throwing money out the window. The fact is what I'm saying is what most people think, except on internet forums. Where telling the truth like NVT might exageratte snow, ec sucks compared to west coast, skiing is a rip off.

Also, all ski areas know they are less busy during the mid week. THe reason they do this is so they money coming in even when it rains and the conditions suck.
That is incorrect.  Snow Ridge was $29 Saturday.  Still a great deal but, you should know that since you slay all that powder there all the time.
Midweek is 19 broski
Most of my pow slaying is done nearby. If I lived up near snow ridge, which has the best pow on the east coast, I'd score big time there all the time. You'll never find deeper pow elsewhere.
14-15 Season:

12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
You really are clueless

Do you have any idea how much it costs in capital infrastructure for lifts, snowmaking and grooming?  Then there is the manpower and electricity.  

Factor in a 4 to 5 month max season that is only really profitable for late dec thru end of Feb and that U.S. why lift tickets cost what they do.  Before liftopia there was not a good way for ski areas to discount based on capacity.

Your life must really be hell because you sit around worrying about taking any risks at all be it buying a lift ticket or driving.  Please do not feel the need to share your crappy existence with the rest of us.
Snow ridge has all those costs as well. lmao Mohawk mtn does too and they use to offer 20 dollar lift tickets mid week.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
PowderAssassin wrote
Coach Z wrote
You really are clueless

Snow ridge has all those costs as well. lmao Mohawk mtn does too and they use to offer 20 dollar lift tickets mid week.
Except the big one, snowmaking.  Remember?
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Glade Runner wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Coach Z wrote
You really are clueless

True...how does snow ridge manage without man made snow when it's warmer than northern vt and they get around 150 inches less snow than northern VT? HMMMMM....Meanwhile NVT spends millions on snow guns and is WAY colder. Go figure.
Mohawk/butternut have to make a ton of snow. Season pass at butternut is like 300 bucks. 25 midweek.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
PowderAssassin wrote
Glade Runner wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Coach Z wrote
You really are clueless

True...how does snow ridge manage without man made snow when it's warmer than northern vt and they get around 150 inches less snow than northern VT? HMMMMM....Meanwhile NVT spends millions on snow guns and is WAY colder. Go figure.
Mohawk/butternut have to make a ton of snow. Season pass at butternut is like 300 bucks. 25 midweek.
Do you know when Snow Ridge usually closes?
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
In reply to this post by PowderAssassin
PowderAssassin wrote
Glade Runner wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Coach Z wrote
You really are clueless

And why do you constantly exaggerate?  Before you were saying 125 now 150?
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
PowAss....You are one negative dude.  
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
PowderAssassin wrote
lol....Well you still look like a Sasquatch.  
It's called a goatee.  When you are old enough to shave you could try growing one.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
PowderAssassin wrote
Most of my pow slaying is done nearby.
At Big Bir......I mean Thunder Ridge?  I grew up in Brewster and it sure was nice having both the Ski Team and ski club to get us on snow at Big Birch every day in high school.....and the egg rolls at Ming Hoy were great......but very little powder is slayed there!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
When we were kids, one of my friends, his family would day trip to STOWE.  Leave Morris County  NJ at 1 AM, they'd be skiing by 9.  I regularly day trip to Prospect Mt in Woodford, it's 200 miles each way.  It's doable.  You have to plan.