62 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Why??

snoloco
nepa wrote
snoloco wrote
Also, don't touch the side of the cabrio cars either.  Some people use them as urinals and I've even heard stories of people doing #2 in there.
This statement initially made me laugh, but then it made me think "Seriously?"  What type of person decides to take a shit (or piss for that matter) in location like that?  Simple answer: A shameless M.F.P.O.S.
I learned that this happens during a ride on the South Peak Lift once.  Some guy said to his friend "I have to take a piss, let's go to the gondola".  I said "That's disgusting, why would anyone do that".  He said "I piss in there all the time, I've even taken a shyt in there".  The second part could have been a joke, but the first was real and still disgusting.  The people who do this should be banned from ever visiting MC, or any ski resort for that matter for life.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Imagine you just got a brand new car, had it home for a week or so, and someone comes and intentionally puts a six inch scratch in the middle of the hood.

If I walk over and say "Hey, that isn't that bad. They could have put a two foot scratch in it" are you going to feel any better, or are you going to maybe want to punch me in the mouth?

So Snoloco is a teenager. Fine - but not all teenagers I know would have had that reaction. Sno seems like an ok kid, but he's old enough to take a little criticism and maybe have some character growth.

A lot of us have a certain reverence for skiing, for the mountains, for the places we choose to spend our free time, and don't like seeing those places vandalized or desecrated. When that  happens it's like someone keyed our new car.

Bottom line is, if you wouldn't want someone to come onto your property and damage something, or piss on something, or leave trash behind, or be obnoxious as hell, don't go do it on someone else's property. And if you do F something up by accident, make it right. There's no excuse for the "oh it's not a big deal" attitude. Excusing it instead of correcting it is why we are where we are. If I did something like that when I was a kid my dad would have made damn sure 1) never did again, 2) paid restitution, and 3) winced a little when I sat for a week or two.

(edit - this was not in response to any particular post - I hit the wrong reply button)

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Nicely said Billy^^^

billyymc wrote
  If I did something like that when I was a kid my dad would have made damn sure 1) never did again, 2) paid restitution, and 3) winced a little when I sat for a week or two.

Me thinks we had a similar dad
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
IMO adults and kids will always have this kind of conflict between them.

We adults tend to protect our kids from the stress we face trying to provide for our families.  I don't know about you guys but I watch every penny and often have to juggle things around to make ends meet.  When something unexpected comes up it's frustrating and when that unexpected expense is created intentionally by someone who's never faced the stress of making ends meet, it REALLY pissed you off. Me anyway.  

To some extent it's the nature of being a kid. But shame on the parent who doesn't call the kid out, and do his/her best to teach and make it right.

(billy fixed the reply thing for you).
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by I:)skiing
I:)skiing wrote
I want a perfect world
Your post is full of contradictions and is just plain stupid, you rag on people for changing the measures and you end your post with changing scholastic measures for kids from grades to effort applied. Yea, see how far a C student gets with that argument when applying to Harvard.

I got what Sno said, he said he has seen worse. He didn't say damaging the seat was OK. If you think punching a few holes in a seat cover is of the same degree of wrong as say blowing up the loading terminal then you have a warped value system.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by billyymc
billyymc wrote
 If I walk over and say "Hey, that isn't that bad. They could have put a two foot scratch in it" are you going to feel any better, or are you going to maybe want to punch me in the mouth?
OMG, more endless crap.

Your analogy flat out sucks.

First off, it wasn't a personal possession so why take it personal ?

Second, Sno didn't speculate, he related real instances. So there is no " could " but real and far more damaging examples.

Third,  Sno's response wasn't to make you feel better as it wasn't your personal possession. Boo Hoo.

Fourth a far more accurate comparison would be......

A guy's car got a small scratch. The neighbor walks up and says " Not that bad " " I've seen worse ",,, " the guy next door got his  ALL scratched to hell, 20 guys urinated on it,  and 10 guys crapped on it ".

So yeah, it's a lot worse...Try to be more accurate next time, BMC.

You guys are being very immature. Sno's out classing you dinks by a long shot.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by I:)skiing
I:)skiing wrote
   They go so far as to pull bras off the trees daily.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by Snowballs
You are the wind beneath snoloco's wings.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by billyymc
billyymc wrote
Imagine you just got a brand new car, had it home for a week or so, and someone comes and intentionally puts a six inch scratch in the middle of the hood.

If I walk over and say "Hey, that isn't that bad. They could have put a two foot scratch in it" are you going to feel any better, or are you going to maybe want to punch me in the mouth.
Would it have been worse if they slashed your tires? I think it would.

You may not like the comparison but people look at things differently. It doesn't mean they don't have the same values, they just express things differently. Your response strikes me as someone who wants to be coddled. Oh, someone scratched your car, I feel so sorry, let's castrate them and hang their nuts on the bumper so no one else will dare do it again. Is that the response you would be looking for?

I totally agree with the lack of respect and the low morality that exists in this world. I don't think Sno is one of those. I think he expressed his displeasure, but maybe in a way you can't relate too.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
....said the wind from beneath what stinks.

This place is way too uptight, No wonder Bosco left.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Snowballs wrote
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote

Seriously??? What YUKON said was funny as hell

The only thing uptight around here seems to be you
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Snowballs wrote
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote

"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

I:)skiing
In reply to this post by PeeTex
Peetex,

Wow---To start I was not "ragging", rather as noted, giving my opinion as to how sno's comments are made and then percieved by the readers.  Some of whom may have interpreted or mis-understood.     I am very sure, and gave sno the benefit of doubt, that he too thinks poking a hole in the pad is wrong, dead wrong.    His comment was it was not that bad.....due to comparision by point of measure.   Sorry this is above you.  

I end by saying all, or most, humans are not extreemists in this idea or theory.   We all have a spot on the scale, likely it changes for the topic we are measuring, crime, grades, pay, ability to drink soda pop.    

Yep, I agree C's are not getting you in Harvard.   If I was going to measure everything from the "perfection" scale, then I guess I would disown my daughter or berate her for her inability.   Or, as in real life, if she tried her hardest, I would hope I might compare her to other children in her realm and hope for the best her.    

Its Friday, try to enjoy the weekend.    
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by PeeTex
Sorry for the split line,

Peetex.    We are closer in thought that you recognize.     Your quote  "You may not like the comparison but people look at things differently."    It is the scale they use, my theory, perfection or comparison.    From there you voice your opinions or thoughts.    That is all I was saying.  
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
I rode in the gondola car with the penis scratched into the plexiglass today. True story.
Didn't read this whole thread, but we play a game called "Cockamamie" where you get a point every time you see a dick scratched in a Gondy. There are multiple points available in some cabins.

Also, broken windows policing doesn't work:

slate.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Broken windows:   Writer opinion based on statistics culled by those with an agenda. I am sure there are articals and stats written with the oppositve POV.      

In real life we know:   Let a child steal a cookie and not be called out.  Expect the theft will continue and increase in severity. Money from the purse/wallet.  Taking the car without permission.  Missing jewelry, stolen checks.  I see these situations every day.      Let a foreclosed property be situated next to your home and then try to sell it.   WTF, I might as well default on my property too, he did.    Blocks of neighborhoods are falling this way--I see it in my job daily.      

Ask any instructor who teaches kids groups.    Play the pushover, allow name calling or snowball fights, to "be friends" and watch behaviors deteriorate.  Compare setting rules for play, early warnings and consequences, then  watch the kids florish within those bounds, truely enjoying the day, rather than pecking order bully nonsense.  Dont get me wrong, I have planned and allowed impromtu snowball fights, against the rules of our mountain. But they come from fun with a "do no harm POV."    

The problem with rules is there is no gray.   Discretion is always needed.   Cite--The Garner case.  A royal f-up by the police. Who, generally I don't like for just that reason.  They enfore the rules they wish based on their own bias.    I believe we could do more with less police.        

This thread is about poking holes in chairs.    The broken window.    No one is harmed (beyond financial), not that big a deal, who cares, move on, some stupid kid, teenager or adult.      I feel the opposite.  Find who broke the window, make him/her pay and that sets precident.    

Pee in the gondi or whatever that is at MC....so what?   Now it appears lots of fools do it, because no one cares and it is expected to the point it is joked about.     If the problem was dealt with initially and severely we would not be talking about it today.      They did not fix their broken window.   It would take someone standing at the top policing the unit.    Kind of like the photo I posted of the sign at K1.     No smoking, we will be checking at the top.    I have not been back since to see, but I am sure that warning alone discouraged some. a A person checking at the top now and again, means they are serious.  Smoke?  No way, let alone take a leak or dump.     If you do smoke, you would be sure to open the windows, leaving no evidence--which is the point of the rule anyway.

Going skiing.  

Peace.

Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Snowballs wrote
OMG, more endless crap.
Thanks for the warning.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Snowballs wrote
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote

Seriously??? What YUKON said was funny as hell

The only thing uptight around here seems to be you
Blah, blah, blah,,,, and the fart joke wasn't funny ? Given your preferences, it seems like that would be right up your alley Cam. So, what's the problem ? Do you have a man crush on YC Cam ? Seriously, is that the issue Cam ?
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
It looks like this probably happened to more than one chair btw. I was there with my daughter yesterday and we rode a chair with holes in the seat, but  not the back like in the pic that started this thread. I guess it's possible they replaced the back already but didn't' have a replacement for the seat.

My daughter's response when she saw the damage? "Why the heck would someone do that?" Not "That's not that bad."

Sixteen years old, about the same as Sno.

Noballs - you just don't get it either. Not going to respond to your truly dumbass posts except to say this.

First - you're wrong. That chairlift IS personal property. Not mine, but nonetheless it is personal property owned by the guys who bought Greek Peak then paid $2M a couple years ago to put in the lift. Go ask them how they feel about the intentional damage to their property. I bet the guys running the lift - who don't own it - feel pretty strongly about it too.

Second - if it were public property, it's no less wrong. And we all own (and pay for) public property so damage to it hits us all in the wallet.

So Noballs, shut up and use your brain to think about the issue in a larger frame of reference than yours or Sno's. In a larger context than some holes in the pads on one chair of a chairlift. It takes practice to be able to think that way, and you have to turn off your emotional response. But it's a skill entirely worth developing.

Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
I've lived in New York my entire life.