Windham Conditions

76 messages Options
Harvey Harvey
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Windham Conditions

snoloco wrote
How can they open only their upper trails?
I think they said making snow. No mention of opening.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
DomB DomB
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
snoloco wrote
I don't get all the Windham hate on this site.
I don't get these generalizations. You've got 600 members, granted maybe half or less active, but how many said they don't like Windham?
This is only my generalization, too, but from what I see, there are many more negative posts about Windham here than positive.  I don't really feel one way or the other about Windham, but my observation is that folks on the blog don't have much love for the place.
Chris Chris
Reply |

I've only been to Windham in the Summer for the World Cup races, I want to check the place out in the winter.  It's a nice spot!

I'm seriously considering going there to MTB next week... Would be a complete mud fest..
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Marcski Marcski
Reply |

In reply to this post by DomB
DomB wrote
Harvey wrote
snoloco wrote
I don't get all the Windham hate on this site.
I don't get these generalizations. You've got 600 members, granted maybe half or less active, but how many said they don't like Windham?
This is only my generalization, too, but from what I see, there are many more negative posts about Windham here than positive.  I don't really feel one way or the other about Windham, but my observation is that folks on the blog don't have much love for the place.
Hello, my name is Marcski and I think Windham sucks.  :).   No sustained steeps, generally pretty flat except for the short headwall, overgroomed, pretty crowded (with people that I have no interest being near).  With that said, they have a fabulous race program.  
Gunny J Gunny J
Reply |

I ski Windham on occasion, reminds me of my home mt Elk. A lot of grooming a lot uptight bastards skiing . While I will ski all Catskill resorts on occasion  I love Plattekill   the snow the food the bar ,best the Cats!
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Marcski Marcski
Reply |

From this afternoon. Not looking pretty. I heard they were open yesterday. Closed today and I dont think they will open again until after the next snowmaking opportunity.
Denis.N Denis.N
Reply |

I would appreciate a quick tips on skiing Windam to avoid the crowd this weekend. I have not been there in 12 years.

We are visiting for races and want to check out the mountain as well, hoping Nastar will be open.
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
These guys have fan and tower guns going all over the mountain. Should have a lot more open by Christmas

"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
ml242 ml242
Reply |

what a difference a year makes! Denis, I feel like your best bet is to ride on the left side or traverse out as much as possible on the right. If you get there early hopefully it won't be too bad. Good luck.
Marcski Marcski
Reply |

ML: Good advice but you're 11 mos too late.  D'Oh!

Brownski: Good work getting the crew out 3 weeks in a row.