Woo hoo! Got my Ikon pass today!

61 messages Options
Moglmike Moglmike
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Woo hoo! Got my Ikon pass today!

Killington
Skied in the trees in nice powder last thanksgiving, I am not a fair weather/conditions only skier, ice makes you better the best and strongest skiers grew up on east coast hard snow
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

I agree about EC skiers mogul-mike. That’s a cool pic there.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by Moglmike
Way to bring the stoke Mike.

How did you find us?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Moglmike Moglmike
Reply |

I have been ready to ski since June, I don't remember how I found you guys I guess while I was googling for Killington glade videos, after getting a new pair of Tecnica Mach 1s last year my skiing is back to where it was years ago when I won a psychocross race at snowshoe mountain, that was skiers and snowboarders combined but skiers could not use their poles.
Moglmike Moglmike
Reply |

In reply to this post by Brownski
Thank you Brownski! One of the coolest thing is cool people ski, always meeting awesome people, unlike around here (northern Va DC area) great area for work but can't wait to hit 95 north when the snow guns fire up!
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

Good EC skiers know how to use their edges, tune their skis and hug a tight tree line. The best Western skiers know this too. Good western skiers have an eye for avalanche terrain, can pick a better line in deep powder. The best EC skiers know this too. Truly expert skiers are experts anywhere.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by Moglmike
Moglmike wrote
psychocross

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Moglmike Moglmike
Reply |

marznc marznc
Reply |

Ah, that explains why I've never heard of the Psychocross at Snowshoe.  I didn't start skiing regularly in the southeast, including VA/WV, until 2004.  I'm also originally a New Yorker, but from NYC.  Went to camp in western NY and school in Lake Placid for a couple years.

I have a few good friends in the DC area who take trips based on Ikon.  But they tend to fly west instead of driving north.  We met up at Taos and Big Sky last Feb.
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

Last time I skied Snowshoe, Silver Creek, Timberline and Canaan was in the mid 90s when I was working outside of DC. People don’t realize that the top of Snowshoe is about the same elevation as Marcy.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.