Worst season ever

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
84 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Worst season ever

ScottyJack
Oh it will get worse for you.  We have not forgotten the bet.  The Giant cap awaits...  Cloudsplitter Lounge and Steinhoff's...  But hey you will be wearing the colors of a superbowl champ!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
ScottyJack wrote
Oh it will get worse for you.  We have not forgotten the bet.  The Giant cap awaits...  Cloudsplitter Lounge and Steinhoff's...  But hey you will be wearing the colors of a superbowl champ!
Bwahahahahahah

this is gonna B Grrreat!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
I haven't forgotten....this season just keeps getting worse
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Danzilla
Danzilla wrote
Camp - think of how pissed you would be if you blew your knee out and it was dumping every other day.  If you are gonna do it - seems like this is the season to be out of commission.

I've had my left ACL done twice.  Once with the patella tendon.  That "wore out" after 5 years.  I currently have poor "bob's" ACL in there and it seems to be holding up fine although I have some pain this year.  Its a long road back, but worth it. Especially those painkillers they give you.  Those are NICE.  Hope it all goes well for you
I know, I know

Right on with pain med...toss on a couple beers and YEE HA!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
I know it's early, but, I am now proclaiming this to be the worst season in memory.
I suppose if you factor in skiing across the US (ie the West) then maybe this may be true. But to this date, in the East, this season is better than 2006-07. IMO.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
We need to wait to see what Feb brings us before we declare this one worst. But it doesn't look good..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
Benny Profane wrote
I know it's early, but, I am now proclaiming this to be the worst season in memory.
I suppose if you factor in skiing across the US (ie the West) then maybe this may be true. But to this date, in the East, this season is better than 2006-07. IMO.

shhhhh.....I am trying to unjinx my March Tahoe trip I just booked.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by JasonWx
Go where it's been snowing and isn't so bad

Last weekend near Stowe

The weekend before

and the weekend before that

Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
Just checked my log, looks like 07 we had even less snow up to this point but we also had less rain, not that it makes much difference. Could at least X-C up till monday, now you almost need skins on flat ground to get any grip. Darrin at ADK weathersite is not very enthusiastic for any real winter/storms coming up anytime soon, and unfortunately he's been spot on all season. Rats!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by skimore
2 good days does not make a season..
especially  when it followed by warm rain...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
JasonWx wrote
2 good days does not make a season..
especially  when it followed by warm rain...
I agree, but that was the last 3 weekends up there.
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
In reply to this post by skimore
I'd give my left nut for those conditions that skimore is showing - how is it across the lake now???

how is it possible that VT is getting this much more snow than WF and less rain?
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
aus..it will rain on VT tonight...
that said , the spine of the greens always gets more snow than the ADK's...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Skimore thanks for the awesome pics ... feel free to post that stuff in the TR forum... :)

The VT advantage = after rain/cold front passes through, the spine creates it own upslope. If you loose 6 inches of base but get 8-10 of new on top, the skiing is still great.

AS ... please don't do anything rash!

Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by ausable skier
ausable skier wrote
how is it across the lake now???
 frozen crud like everywhere else

I'm not claiming a banner season by any means. It's bit thin still below 2000, but if you stayed in the 2500-3500 range you would have some pretty good skiing the last 3 weekends over there. Its likely they get a mixed bag of base building stuff tonight/tomorrow. Then maybe some upslope stuff on the weekend and skiing will be good again. It's amazing what that green mountain spine does
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by endoftheline
endoftheline wrote
Just checked my log, looks like 07 we had even less snow up to this point but we also had less rain, not that it makes much difference.
That's what I remember, too. It was my last season on a Killington Bronze Pass, before ASC's fire sale. Nothing but machine-made snow, no tree skiing, even at Sunday River.

Then Gore got the St. Valentine's Day storm (3 feet) followed by the St. Patrick's day storm. After that, Gore had the best conditions anywhere. I couldn't justify paying for a lift ticket at Gore when I was trying to get my money's worth from the Bronze Pass, but I was jealous beyond belief. No matter what direction from which you approached Gore after that, it was a different world once you got within 10 miles of it, even well into the spring.

Don't give up hope yet
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Spongeworthy wrote
Then Gore got the St. Valentine's Day storm (3 feet) followed by the St. Patrick's day storm.
I measured 40 inches and that was two days later:

Epic. Needed a loader to clear the driveway.

Actually Valentines Day was the first of four storms in 2007.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
It's way too early to declare it the worst season ever.  I'm counting on some big storms in Late February/Early March.  And if not, I've got my plane ticket to Alaska, my Avalanche gear on the way, and a possible Heli Skiing trip on the horizon.

If we don't get another flake this year, when the Helicopter drops me on top of a huge, unnamed Alaskan peak and then flies off, leaving me on top of the world, it will STILL feel like the best season ever.
Reply | Threaded
|

64ER
Benny,

Oh ye of little faith, take heart; take a ride on the Wayback Machine to Super Bowl Weekend 1985.  Yes, Steve Grogan, neck-brace and all led the Patsies like lemmings into the power of the McMahon/Payton/Parry/Singletary Bears and got mauled.  But I digress.

That was the year of no, absolutely no, blessed snow, but frigid temperatures right up to the Friday of Super Bowl Weekend.  Then it started to snow Friday afternoon and stopped just before kickoff Sunday evening.  The take was 44" in Lake George, 46" in WSBG and if you got your skis out of the fall line on Hawkeye you stopped.  Lower Cloud was the only exit back in that day and they shot all the wounded too.  Can lightening strike twice?  Are the Patriots back in the big game? Yes, Yes.  As Lee Trevino quipped, waving a club over his head during a PGA rain/thunderstorm delay, "Even God can't hit a one Iron".

Incidentally, McMahon's back-up QB was Doug Flutie, whom McMahon  (all 6'0" of him) endearingly called the "The Mighty Midget".

Ski you later.
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
What really worries me at this point is WF and probably Gore as well only have 2 and a half more weeks of snowmaking budgeted.  All the snowmakers will be laid off right before P-day weekend.
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.