445 messages Options
1 ... 17181920212223
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: fun things

nepa
campgottagopee wrote
That unicycle is wild. I rode one in college like 3 times, a housemate of mine had one and could ride it. When I say I rode it I made like 10 revolutions before bailing. That guy is crazy good in that vid.
For sure... I had one when I was a kid, and split my head open a few days after my dad brought it home.  It was in the "pre-helmet" era.  Shortly after that it "mysteriously" disappeared from the garage.  I suspect mom put it in the trash, but didn't really mind, as I felt much more comfortable on 2 wheels.  
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
We have a husband and wife couple that ride M-uni on one of the local trail networks, they always have blood on them
Reply | Threaded
|

Joneski73

Did some laps at Watkins Glen International with some friends today.  Definitely a fun time on a gorgeous fall day.  I guess this could have gone in the Sweet Car Thread as well.
Ski the snow on the ground, not the date on the calendar. - Glenn Plake
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Joneski73 wrote

Did some laps at Watkins Glen International with some friends today.  Definitely a fun time on a gorgeous fall day.  I guess this could have gone in the Sweet Car Thread as well.
I did this in 2010. I made sure I was last in line and let everybody get way ahead of me and then I was able to get my Audi up to 110 mph on the back straight just before I had to brake for the inner loop. My wife was unaware that I was going to do that and turned white as a sheet. She thought we would have a bunch of mellow 60 mph laps. All that fun for $25 at the time.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Joneski73
Nice! Which whip is yours?
Reply | Threaded
|

Joneski73
In reply to this post by x10003q
The price is up to $30 now.  The pace car driver went over 55 most of the time.  I was able to get up to almost 80, by dropping back a ways then accelerating.

Camp - I’m the blue vette on the right.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Dude - you need to go a real track event.  You'll probably hit 140ish before the bus stop before you need to brake.

They are considerably more expensive than $30, but you get a lot of laps and get to go as fast you can.  Surprisingly you don't need a roll bar or harness to do these events.  I think the Porsche club events tend to be one the best run but there are plenty of other options.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Joneski73
FKNA
Vettes FTW
Reply | Threaded
|

Joneski73
In reply to this post by Cunningstunts
Absolutely agree.  There was a group running when we arrived.  We’re going to look into it for next summer!
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
trippy

reminds me of my dayZ in VT
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Spent the weekend in Cooperstown. Fun town with lots to do.

this was the best

http://www.cooperstownbeveragetrail.com/
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Cooperstown can be fun. My family used to rent a cabin on a small lake near there when I was a kid. Now that my kids are so into baseball, we’ve been back recently. Next summer, we’ll be up there for a tournament
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Have dinner here

https://www.melsat22.com/

Place is fun
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
I've been there.  Didn't blow me away.

I like where you are better (Cortland).  And Ithaca.  Way more fun stuff to do in Ithaca and way more outdoor stuff to do around the area.

I almost took a job in Cortland a few years back.  I stacked everything up though and decided it really wasn't anything but a lateral move from where I am (skiing, recreation, cost of living, proximity to the mountains, etc.).  I lived in Ithaca for a year, and it's almost the same as where I live now in terms of most everything.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
You know what they/we say about Ithaca?

5 square miles surrounded by reality -- LOL
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Not sure I follow Camper, but when I lived there I remember there was a huge disconnect between the city and those that lived around there.  I was living right on the commons because I was young, but most of the guys I worked with lived in Trumansburg/Cortland/etc... They were all country boys too.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. Ithaca has that city feel to it. They don't like hunters, guns, etc etc

Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
There was also this... I don't really know how else to describe it, but resort town feeling.  You know when there's the poor locals and a bunch of rich seasonal folks.  Those would be the college kids, but you get the feeling that the locals don't really love serving a bunch of little rich brats.  Or at least I got that feeling... and by that I mean a lot of people told me that haha!

It is a cool town though if you don't get caught up in that other BS.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Back on track. I'd give my left nut for one of these in mint condition.

1 ... 17181920212223