classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
37 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

who is skiing Kmart or Sunday River this weekend

I:)skiing
This post was updated on .
DEFINITELY driving 8 or 12 hrs. Kmart bumps on superstar for two days or 50 open trails by 4 extra hours of driving each way for 50 open trails.   Anyone going or have comments
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: who is skiing Kmart or Sunday River this weekend

Adk Jeff
I:) or anyone else contemplating skiing at KMart:  I still have one, maybe two, 2-for-1 coupons for Killington.  They are unrestricted, good anyday until closing.  I'd love to see them get used.  PM me if interested.
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
i will more likely than not be at killington saturday!
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Is the golf course open yet?
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
huh, well benny profane just got an email from me...not sure why but definitely meant to quote you not email....anyhoots. decided to go golfing instead of skiing. dont have the money to drive up there and back. also killington golf course doesnt open until may 26
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
I skied Killington today, I'll be skiing Wildcat tomorrow. The two available trails were in good shape. I hadn't skied Killington in ten years, I skied there Monday and today, go figure.
Reply | Threaded
|

Twas PERFECT!

Groomers in the AM and Bumps all PM.    Only one "small" rock outcrop at the top that could be easily avoided.  Otherwise I might have seen some loose stuff here and there, but in patches less than 8sqft and easily seen and avoided.  The base is approx 2 feet to 6 feet depending.   The bumps on lower left Superstar are spectacular.    The bumps on Skylark were also very nice after 1pm.      Kmart's hours of 10-5 are perfect for their conditions.  

I would firmly believe they will be just as good next weekend.    Go--get turns.    

Might come back in two weeks.    Would stay at my house in NC then drive back and forth, so if anyone wants to carpoole..lets talk.    No promises of coming up yet, but really thinking hard.  

Harv..I will try to do a trip report complete with photos/video.  
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
I:)skiing wrote

I would firmly believe they will be just as good next weekend.    Go--get turns.    
considering that they got 10" so far today
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
skimore wrote
I:)skiing wrote

considering that they got 10" so far today
Cool, maybe my season isn't over. I'm a little fried from all the traveling and skiing I've done over the last two weeks. Hopefully with this new snow, Kmart will stay open till next weekend. I should be jonesing for turns by then. It's much closer to home, Binghamton, than my other journeys this Spring, Saddleback, Sugarloaf, Wildcat.
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
i will be up tomorrow for sure. stoked on the new snow. hoping they get some more overnight
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Condor wrote
...hoping they get some more overnight
Sure looks like it on the radar.

Intellicast = the most optimistic of all radars.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

I overheard many of the Kmart employees talking that they "were" staying open "through" April.   There were no "ifs" used.  

With the amount of snow I saw, I think they can do it.     The thinest area was the top 100 yds of Superstar that got scraped off (read hard ice) it was about 3 inches thick down to grass.    But it is at the top, faces the wind and gets the coldest at night.   They also can push snow from the top "uphill" traverse over to Sklylark if they need snow.  
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
Anyone going to Kmart tomorrow? I'll take off work if someone will carpool with me! I'll drive! lol
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Killington is claiming 18", Jay 12", more on the way, yeah!
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
Cornhead wrote
Killington is claiming 18", Jay 12", more on the way, yeah!
exactly why im looking for a travel buddy! haha
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor

heres a teaser pic. more to come tonight!
Reply | Threaded
|

miker92
Seriously considering Jay tomorrow. Anyone in the Canton-Potsdam area want a ride?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Condor
Gonna need that Report Connor . . . Thinking about going up tomorrow, but I'm not going if it's gonna suck.  Also thinking of a Killington/Tuckerman Ravine combo trip this weekend . . .
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Could be a day late. 10-12 was best and very good. Some rain mixed in with the snow falling around 2pm briefly. Changed back over to all snow around 3pm when we left.

Heres early

Here's about 1ish

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Still looks pretty good . . . and if it was snowing again when you left, maybe there'll be some sweet sweet spring corn for me tomorrow . . . . Hmmmm . . .