Locked 59 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Attn: Snoloco

Harvey
Administrator
Hey bud.

What do you think about a subforum called Sno's Corner?  All high-speed lifts, manmade snow and groomers, all the time.

Create your own vibe.  You can mod it, you know ban anyone who mentions natural snow or skis Lower Steilhang.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Attn: Snoloco

Footer
I'm actually surprised he has not started his own blog yet.  I'm serious.  Go do it.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Hey bud.

What do you think about a subforum called Sno's Corner?  All high-speed lifts, manmade snow and groomers, all the time.

Create your own vibe.  You can mod it, you know ban anyone who mentions natural snow or skis Lower Steilhang.
HeHe, Lower Steilhang was my favorite on map trail when I went to Gore for the first time this season. lol.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Marcski wrote
Lower Steilhang was my favorite on map trail when I went to Gore for the first time this season.
I'm afraid of what I will find this year.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Harvey wrote
Marcski wrote
Lower Steilhang was my favorite on map trail when I went to Gore for the first time this season.
I'm afraid of what I will find this year.
Oh?  Did they widen that trail? Why would they touch such a beauty?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Mike said they were going to straightening it so they could... gulp... get a groomer in there.

http://nyskiblog.com/gore-mountain-improvements-2014/

Bye bye dog leg.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Harvey wrote
Mike said they were going to straightening it so they could... gulp... get a groomer in there.

Bye bye dog leg.
Isn't that the spot where it gets skied off and exposed rocks?  That's what made it interesting and kept the "unwashed" away.  It is ashame.  Grooming that trail will ruin it.  The day I was there, the softest snow on any on any on map trail on the entire mountain was found on Lower Steilhang.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
The difference, or a big difference, between LS and Hubba or Darby is the narrow, ungroomed pinch point.

You ski down this basically blue trail with crazy irregular bumps, then you come to the point where almost every one stops...and looks out into the mtns...

Then you find a way down. One at a time.

That pic above is misleading. The cover was 100% natural and extremely thin.

A rare early season opening. Might have been Christmas.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
sno to the courtesy desk please.... this is WAY off topic
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Harvey wrote
Hey bud.

Although his posts have gotten monotonous and repetitive wasn't that a little harsh for a kid?

As far as LS, the times I have been down it I have found better conditions in the trees on the right but usually it isn't worth the trouble, a short pitch and then your done.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
PeeTex wrote
 Although his posts have gotten monotonous and repetitive wasn't that a little harsh for a kid?
Agreed. They've turned Sno into their whipping poster. Sno has a lot of knowledge. His posts about the mechanics of lifts are insightful. His TRs are above average.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I disagree with Sno on a lot, maybe most things skiing related, except his love for the game.

There's a lot of BS, nastiness and hatred posted here. Then it turns out admin is human and he made a joke.

I've done a lot to support Sno and we had a chat about this very topic the other night.

Sno if you are offended by this I apologize.
Reply | Threaded
|

evergreen
I think the energy he brings is great.  The forum would be a poorer place without the discussions he starts.  Lets please remember being his age, before we became jaded etc.
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
Harvey wrote

Bye bye dog leg.
Then it has to lose one of its black diamonds.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
Harvey wrote
Hey bud.

Compared to some of what gets thrown around here, it's pretty mild. Sno' strikes me as a very intelligent young man who can take a good-natured joke. Describing his posts as "monotonous and repetitive" isn't exactly complimentary.
Besides, this is already becoming Sno's forum.

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
Harvey wrote
Hey bud.

As far as LS, the times I have been down it I have found better conditions in the trees on the right but usually it isn't worth the trouble, a short pitch and then your done.
You're one serious dude
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
Harvey wrote
I disagree with Sno on a lot, maybe most things skiing related, except his love for the game.

There's a lot of BS, nastiness and hatred posted here. Then it turns out admin is human and he made a joke.

I've done a lot to support Sno and we had a chat about this very topic the other night.

Sno if you are offended by this I apologize.
Hatred? Really? Keep it real Harv and quit trying to be human while you're at it.

Bubble chairs rule. When I go to Okemo I'm not even going to ski, I'm just going to keep riding the lift round and round like they do in North Korea per an article in Ski mag.

There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I think the idea is good.  It could be rated PG 13.  But posting "Mountain Creek"  must be allowed.  that cracks me up!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Harv,

You are one sensitive dude!  That PeePants dude is way uptight
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
Harvey wrote
Hey bud.

if it keeps mountain creek off everywhere else
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.