325 messages Options
1 ... 6789101112 ... 17
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bark Eater Trail Alliance BETA!

ScottyJack
mattchuck2 wrote
TBatt has a ton of good ones. It was definitely a great time.

MC2 thank you and your crew for coming and help us build interest in our region for the mtn biking!  We really appreciation it!  

Shuttle runs every other Sunday July 6 through September.  5 bucks for three hours!  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Chris
Chris wrote
That's not SJ... but I did find a real picture of him

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Link to Ted's pics from the weekend:

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/38167649@N08/sets/72157645334044736/

EDIT: Well, I tried. Friend BETA on fb for the pics.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
Headed up on Sunday (weather permitting) for more fun. We're meeting a few people at the Pub around 10:30 am if anyone is interested in joining in.

Probably doing a similar route to the Poker Ride that we did last fall.

EDIT: Time change
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
Matt hope you're avoiding the rain today, wish we could have made it.  

We were up yesterday morning and rode for a few hours.  Stateside, to some Lussi loops, up to Craigwood for a few lap.   Blew my rear sidewall out coming back down the hill toward River Rd just before the doggy watering hole.  Went thru 2 tubes on the ride home and still had to push it for a half mile or so.

Holy cow Craigwood is SO freakin fun.  Is that "Outer Loop" with the A+ berms and bridges that were built on the trail day this spring?

Thanks again LP folk for all the hard work, it cannot be said enough.
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Yeah, we did the same kind of thing with our ride. Logger's/Lussi (love Lumberyard and Rat Farts and Twisted Sister), then across the street to Craig Wood. We rode all the way up and did the outer loop first. It was so sweet we rode back up and hit Poppa Wheelie. So amazingly fun. Then we took Cinderella Story all the way back to town. Pretty great ride.

Pic from Lumberyard:

Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
Nice pic!  
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
Rode Pisgah on Saturday.  Accidentally deleted all of the better photos.  Pisgah is REALLY fun, don't let the lack of mileage keep you from going there.  Lots of great new berms and some jumps too, and there seems to be some fantastic stuff in the near future at this site.

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
We checked out Pisgah earlier this year and it was great. Tore around on the trails on skier's right, but didn't realize there was stuff on skier's left (looks like you found it). We have to go back.

Also, Dewey in SL has good stuff, too.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Sunday is another Town Shuttle Day on PMD!  1-4.  Pick up at LeepOff Cycles on Rt 86.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
HA!  Awesome blog!!

http://visitadirondacks.com/area-adk/adk-mountain-biking-love-affair 
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
This Sunday, 8/17, is a Wilmington PMD town shuttle day - w/ BBQ at LeepOff Cycles!   
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In need of BETA beta (beeta-bega-fajita-ina-pita?), I'm headed up north for a family function labor day weekend and hoping to squeeze a ride in (probably sunday am). anyone riding? anything exciting happening/pmd? what's the must do ride if I only have one morning (did hardy road last year)?
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Lussi and Craigwood.  Craigwood in particular has seen a lot of love this year.  
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
 (probably sunday am). anyone riding? anything exciting happening/pmd? what's the must do ride if I only have one morning (did hardy road last year)?
I agree with Logger's/Lussi and crossing the street to Craig Wood. That's a really good morning and you get every kind of riding you could want.

Dewey and Pisgah in Saranac Lake are really cool, too.

I'll be up that weekend, but I might not be free (plus I have to build a bike up to prepare). If everything comes together and I can ride, I'll let you know.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
+1 on Lussi/Craigwood
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
cool, thanks for the tips, sounds like a plan looking at the maps it looks like a bunch of stacked loops  does it make sense to park on river road to try and hit both? also any info on a good sequence and preferred cw/ccw loop direction would be great. even better if MC2 and anyone else is around for a tour?!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack

Best riding of the season going on up here! Looking like poker run will be first weekend of October. Stay tune.
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
This post was updated on .
My 16 year old son decided to join me For an adventure in the woods Sunday morning. We set out from River Road about 8:30 with the BETA maps, mtb project app and a plan: jackrabbit>billy barule>lacy underall>rat farts>nite putting>judge>lumber>twisted than over to loggers loops.

It spit a little overnight making the roots pretty slick, I thought it was going to be a short ride as my son struggled to find traction. He caught on pretty quick though and was keeping a decent pace by the time we got to the upper loops. Nice variety of fairly technical terrain with some fun looking skinnies and rock features. Being as slick as it was we kept the rubber on the dirt except for the teeter and a few of smaller rock drops. Some of the intersections are a bit of a clusterfuck  and we spent more time than I would have liked wayfinding to get over to the loggers loops.

More nice varied terrain with a few more rocks and a couple small climbs once we got to loggers. Saw a a deer and two fishers, one up close , pretty cool.  My son wasn't a fan though and was bonking a bit on what he called the trail of broken balls. It turned into the trail of broken bikes as he snapped his derailler hanger  and chain trying to mash up one of the small technical climbs on loop 2. I didn't have a spare hanger for his bike and mine wouldn't fit so he had to single speed the last leg back to the car. It couldn't have happened at a better spot, it was mostly down hill the whole way back.

We ended up with 10.5 miles over 3-1/2 hours, great way to spend a morning and work up a thirst for some home brews and honey shine . The gray conditions didn't motivate me to take any pics, sorry, but here's our track

Kudos to the trail builders and look forward to hitting craigswood next time. BETA needs to put some T shirts at downhill mike's or leap off!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Sunday is the BETA Poker Ride!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
1 ... 6789101112 ... 17