Re: Bark Eater Trail Alliance BETA!

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by ADmiKe

"True Grit is like a river.  The deeper it runs, the less noise it makes."
Reply |  

mattchuck2
Woohoo!

http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/news/local-news/2017/04/local-conservancy-buys-wilmington-land-for-public-trails/

The Open Space Institute recently awarded the LPLC a $50,000 grant to help buy the land between Hardy Road and Quaker Mountain Lane. This will be combined with adjacent land that was donated by Wilmington resident Scott Avery to create the preserve. An anonymous donor also gave $25,000 toward the effort.

LPLC plans to partner with the Barkeater Trails Alliance (BETA) to establish about 2 miles of scenic recreational trails here, connecting with the hamlet of Wilmington, existing public lands and trails on the Beaver Brook tract of the Wilmington Wild Forest on Hardy Road.

Reply |  

ADmiKe

Great news for Wilmington - I've done some riding in town, and it was a lot of fun...this will only make it better.  Connection to town sounds good - last time I rode on asphalt to get to Hardy Rd. trailhead from center of town.  Trails all the way back will be really cool.

Reply |  

ScottyJack
You can ride right from your dads property on an existing logging road to this property.  The connection to hardy from this property will come out about .25 mile down hardy road from the trailhead parking lot.

ADK Mtn Club pro crews start work on new trail on All In side of Hardy next werk. By end of summer we will have new trail at hardy, three new trails at flume and majority of work complete on the flow trail at craigwood.  Lots going on this summer  

"True Grit is like a river.  The deeper it runs, the less noise it makes."
Reply |  

mattchuck2
Excited to ride some bikes up there. Let's get a list of Work Days here when BETA releases their schedule. I've got some free Saturdays coming up.

Reply |  

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
Werk??? SJ, do you twerk at werk???? hahahahahahahahah

1 ... 18192021