325 messages Options
1 ... 78910111213 ... 17
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bark Eater Trail Alliance BETA!

MC2 5678F589
Ace and I will be there.

She did the RAGNAR this past weekend, so me and a buddy were up riding Saturday. Started from Route 86 on Stateline, did Lumberyard, Twisted Sister, Rat Farts, and some other favorites, then made our way around and across to Craig Wood/The Back Nine. Did about 13 miles and finished just in time to see their team cross the finish line together. Good times.

Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Awesome MC2! We'll be riding Flume to WF on Sat to poach the shin dig, if up, give a shout and we'll do a couple PMD shuttles.

Last weekend was outstanding!  We toured Wilmington w/ a tech rep from Fox.  He loved it!!  

Lots of leaves down on Hardy last night, so we'll be out probably Thursday w/ the leaf blowers.  

Really appreciate you guys coming up for the Poker Ride!  Bring friends!  

Last night was a perfect night for a mtn bike ride!  I love this time of year!!  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
This post was updated on .
Looks like I'll be working Saturday, but I should be good to ride for Sunday!

Pack warm, and maybe some skis and skins. It looks Cold.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
We'll also be there, have been looking forward to it since last year.  Glad it got rescheduled for Sunday or we wouldn't have been able to make it, silly weddings.
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
And it's gonna rain ALL day Saturday, Wahooo!

Who's ready for too many shortcuts?

ALLL REDDDD

BRLKED, you in again?
Reply | Threaded
|

BRLKED
I'm in, had a hoot of a time last year.
Reply | Threaded
|

BRLKED
you guys put on a  great event, look forward to next year .Great riding, friendly people. Mc, Ace, tbatt, Chris and partner? [sorry I didn't get your name] good riding with you. ED
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Yes! Good to see you there, ED! Sorry you were sick, SJ. Next year.

Here's a pic:

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
WHOA ^^^^^^ Remind me NOT to go to this....EVER!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
campgottagopee wrote
WHOA ^^^^^^ Remind me NOT to go to this....EVER!!
Only 2 or 3 of the crazies launch this. Unless I'm taking pictures, I don't go near it*.

*until I get a bigger travel bike and learn to ride better
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
May head up to ride the BETA trails Sunday and/or Monday.  Anybody know if the trails have been blown ?
Paging SJ...
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
might be some positive announcement about mtn biking up here next week...  might be something that puts on track for the epic!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
It's been too long since I've posted in this thread.  Man a lot of good has happened since Oct 24, 2014!  To every one that supports us here - Thank You!

Your efforts made a huge difference, especially with regards to public policy.  Without people promoting our work, attending events and spreading the good word we never would be knock, knock, knocking on heaven's door...

Since 2014 BETA has merged with the former Adirondack Ski Touring Council.  Our membership now is over nearly 500 people.  We have a paid part time Executive Director who kicks ass.

We've finished a flow trail on Pisgah - the Cure.  It's great.  Over 1000 hours of volunteer effort.  

We scored a NYS grant and secured a kick ass trail builder to construct another flow trail.  It will be built next season and ridable by July/Aug at the latest.  This trail will be located on Scott's Cobble over in the Craigwood trail zone.  Gonna be sweet!

Most recently we lobbied hard and got the DEC to amend the Wilmington Wild Forest UMP.  Pretty major accomplishment given all the other stuff DEC is working on up here.  Upwards of 7 miles of trails will be built in the Hardy, Flume, Marble and Cooperkiln zones.  We start on September 24.

So to celebrate a lot of hard work and even a lot more fun please come up and join us the weekend of September 24-25.  BETA will be working on two trails at Hardy on Saturday the 24th.  After the work day, our great friends and supporters at the Cadance Lodge  cadancelodge.com  in Wilmington will be throwing us a party at their recently completed pavilion we're calling "the hub."  

Plan to stay the night and ride with us on Sunday 9/25.  We'll be hitting up our friends and supporters UP a Creek  for breakfast before riding "Adirondack Agony" the Cooperkiln up-N-over prior to enjoying the last Town PMD shuttle of the season.

Again, thank you for helping us bring mtn biking to the Saranac Lake, North Elba, Wilmington region.  We look forward to riding and having some beers with everyone.  (Even the Trump guys  )

PS:  November issue of Bike Magazine (on news stands in October) is doing a full feaute on BETA.  Check it out, share it with like minded peeps.  Next year is a big one for us.  Build it and they will have fun!!  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Great news Scotty --- nice work to you and all the BETA crew
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
campgottagopee wrote
Great news Scotty --- nice work to you and all the BETA crew
how about bringing some of your crew and settling the foozeball that weekend mister?
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I have to work that Saturday or I'd get them together and head up

Taking vacation around labor day as well and have to save what time I have left for MONSTER BUCK SEASON
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
excuses flow throw your  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Head south over labor day weekend  --- I'll be siding my house (could use some help) and drinking beer

can always hit the fooze here
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Big Thank you to the NYSEF crew that came out Saturday and helped BETA build two, not one, but two new sections of singletrack at the Beaver Meadow Brook tract on Hardy Road in Wilmington.  The NYSEF crew raked a nice loop on the west side that leads out to a very pretty vantage point with a superdackie view of Whiteface.  

We also finished a very easy flowing trail on the east side that parallels both sides of the Beaver Meadow Brook.  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
Real nice article in Bike Mag NOV issue on BETA and MTB in the ADK.  Looks like you were mentioned ScottyJack!
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
1 ... 78910111213 ... 17