Gore Mountain Adirondack Express Replacement.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
511 messages Options
1 ... 20212223242526
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Mountain Adirondack Express Replacement.

Z
I hope that they don't ever put a HSQ on WFs summit.  I like it just the way it is
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
In reply to this post by snoloco
https://shop.goremountain.com/gore/ItemShow.aspx?Dep=HgrAqsXucjP8vImumuzB%2Fw%3D%3D&Cat=akA87ZwDEPo%3D&It=xOcIQTW%2Fhng%3D

So... its not going anywhere else.  Who is buying one?  I'm REALLY tempted.  We'll see what the wife says.  
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
They said that the tower tubes and possibly the towerheads would be reused to upgrade Sunway to a triple.  The chair frames were scrapped with the detachable parts, so those won't be anywhere.  They are just going to sell the seats off to whoever buys one, and the rest may be for spare seats on a lift that uses a similar design.  Windham, Pico, and Plattekill have lifts with the same basic chair design.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Best use of old chairs I have seen so far

Reply | Threaded
|

Denis.N
In reply to this post by Footer
We got one today. I've always preferred that chair to the gondola, now I'll be a swing.
I was told they they started with ~200 on Tuesday, Friday noon was showing 173 left, now 153.

If you notice they start distribute chairs on Nov. 22 & 23 and then weekend after Thanksgiving, I take it they may open that weekend, weather cooperating.
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
It really is a good value for a stainless steel porch swing.  Now... I just need to buy a house that needs a porch swing...
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
It's freaking amazing that we have wasted 44 pages of our lives talking about a replacement lift.  It finally started to make sense when I heard that they planned to recycle parts of the lift for Sunway.  It's so un orda like to replace a functioning lift regardless of its age or replacement parts but reusing a lift is an orda thing.
If a lift is in good shape, still runs well, and is a still supported design, then it is never a bad thing to reuse it if it is replaced.  The Topridge Triple at Gore was built with parts from 2 lifts.  The tower tubes came from the North Double.  If they are structurally sound, then why not use them.  The sheaves and chairs came from the Whiteface Valley Triple.  They just got new safety bars on the chairs.  The towerheads, drive, and return were new.  This allowed ORDA to get a lift to serve brand new terrain at Gore for a lot less than it could have cost.  The lift at Whiteface wasn't that old and still had a lot of life left in it, but it served WF no purpose with the Face Lift to replace it, so they sent it to Gore where it had a purpose.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Orda is like Bob the builder for lifts
Reduse reuse recycle
My son loved Bob when he was little so I heard that hundreds of times
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Footer
Footer wrote
It really is a good value for a stainless steel porch swing.  Now... I just need to buy a house that needs a porch swing...
Stainless makes them more desirable.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Coach Z wrote
I hope that they don't ever put a HSQ on WFs summit.  I like it just the way it is
The WF Summit lift is one of the few long fixed grips that I don't think needs an upgrade soon.  It runs pretty fast and rarely stops because it serves the harder terrain on a mountain that caters to high ability levels.  If they put an HSQ there, I certainly wouldn't mind, but the Summit lift is fine as is.  The Summit lift also serves 1,800 feet of vertical, so the run is pretty long in comparison to the lift ride.  Many lifts its length serve less than 1,000 vertical, so you get down within 5 minutes and spend 10 minutes getting back up.  At WF, you get up in less time because the lift runs faster, so 9 minutes going up and like 7-8 minutes going down.
Reply | Threaded
|

Thacheronix
snoloco wrote
the Summit lift is fine as is
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
That is awesome.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Thacheronix
Thacheronix wrote
snoloco wrote
the Summit lift is fine as is
There are exceptions to every rule.  Normally I believe that all lifts over 3,500 feet should be detachable.  However, the summit lift doesn't have the bad qualities that a long fixed grip has meaning that it stops and slows down all the time.  The WF Summit lift almost never stops or slows down.  

The F-Lift at Windham typically stops or slows down at least 5 times a ride.  That is surprising because almost no one rides it, so it stops for almost every rider.  To add insult to injury, you get to see the A-Lift HSQ speeding by you the entire ride.  One thing I learned about that lift is that it is NEVER faster to take it than to wait in line for the HSQ.

frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
i heard that snoopy might have received collateral damage during the installation of the new lift. any insights?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
No info on this, but I remember thinking it was a distinct possibility when I was up there in the summer.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by frk
frk wrote
i heard that snoopy might have received collateral damage during the installation of the new lift. any insights?
Ok I'll bite what is snoopy?
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
lets just say snoloco would grade it and groom it and put a bubble chair up to access it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Coach Z wrote
frk wrote
Ok I'll bite what is snoopy?
It's a boulder that some say looks like Snoopy. It's located next to that liftline where it crosses Sunway.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by frk
I believe it is still there.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator

Snoopy Rock

I don't think frk was suggesting it was GONE, but had it been whacked by a loader.
1 ... 20212223242526