Killington Conditions

315 messages Options
123456 ... 32
K man K man
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Killington Conditions

Hickory Martha skied yesterday and said it was the best spring skiing this season.  Not many people, 50+degrees, corn snow, what a way to start the season.  I think it's the first time every she has gotten first turns in before me.
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
Billx2 Billx2
Reply |

Skied Killington on 11/9 and 11/19. Great both days with more terrain opened on the 19th. If you go before 12/16 don't forget your Killington BOGO voucher. Three hour ride each way, but well worth it. Kudos to Killington for the early start on what I am hoping to be a snowy ski season...
tBatt tBatt
Reply |

They're in pretty rough shape now.
Was warm, rained, then it got all crusty. Everything that was groomed had some sugar that was alright to ski on. Anything that hadn't been groomed needed to be skied in quite a bit to break through the rain crust to the soft stuff.

They lost quite a bit of snow.

Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Killington was awesome.  I was amazed at how great skiing stayed all day with temps in the 70s.

Superstar is the real deal with at least a ten foot base remaining.  Shout out to Cornhead! Pretty sure I saw him in a black sleeve-less T?  Will try to put up a real report in the next day or two.

Surprise(!) Mystery Guest
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Looks like the fat lady is warming up.

From K's Facebook Page:

FREE skiing and riding for all at Killington!
This weekend (May 25th & May 26th)

Given the intensity of the rain we received last night and the forecast of significant rain starting tonight through the day on Saturday, our operational plans have changed since last night’s communication. This weekend (May 25th & May 26th), we will be offering FREE skiing and riding for all at Killington! Walking between snowfields will be required in several spots. Ma Nature is charging into summer and has other things in mind for us other than skiing, like golf and Mt Biking? To push any remaining snow to make connecting bridges would only hasten the melt process. Please note we are now going to operate Saturday and Sunday only, from 8-5, on the Superstar lift and trail.

We gave it our best shot to get into June, thus at the end of business on Sunday we are calling it a season. We thank all for your patronage and support this year. Don’t forget to buy your season passes for next year’s greatest value opportunity by June 13th! Remember only 130 days until we’re at it again for 2013-14!
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
ml242 ml242
Reply |

there goes my monday.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

From Facebook
Chris Chris
Reply |

Jess and I had ski day #1 today at Killington.  

Chilly but damn the conditions were great.  Everything from mellow cruisers to the soft double blacks.  I know none of the trail/peak names.  Skied for about 3.5hrs.

Damn it feels good.
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

Wait, I saw you at Gore on Saturday, but you didn't ski?
Chris Chris
Reply |

mattchuck2 wrote
Wait, I saw you at Gore on Saturday, but you didn't ski?
No.  Long story...

Ok, well in short my last name ends in SKI.
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
123456 ... 32