classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
99 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Love and Fear

MC2 5678F589
JTG4eva! wrote
Flies....and honey and vinegar is all it really is.  

Matt may be less 'share and ponder' (what some might consider honey) than 'judge, preach, and edumacate' (vinegar) when it comes to political opinions/philosophy.......but I'm not sure he's looking to collect flies!
Excellent point.

I don't know if I'm convincing anyone (I'm probably not!), I just like the back and forth.

Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC wrote
Again, I'm not in "attack mode". You started this when you quoted something I said and called me an arrogant know it all. How is that not attack mode, but my questions to you are?
One last comment. I am not attacking you.  Just like I don't feel like my comments are an attack, obviously you feel the same way.  Perhaps we're both wrong.

What concrete steps have you given here to alleviate your concerns? What would you have me do?
Try to be more persuasive.  You passion would be much more effective if you were a bit more persuasive.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
In reply to this post by x10003q
x10003q wrote
No matter how or what MC says , these people will never hear it.
I disagree.  You're making fairly negative generalization which contributes to our problem.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by nepa
nepa wrote
Try to be more persuasive.  You passion would be much more effective if you were a bit more persuasive.
I'd like to persuade you to be more precise in your feedback.

When I teach people how to ski, I don't say "try to be more athletic". I tell them which body parts are doing what, why that isn't working for them, what those body parts should be doing to achieve their intended turns, and how that would translate to better skiing performance.

"Be better" isn't really effective feedback.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
MC2 5678F589 wrote
I don't know if I'm convincing anyone....
Well, you might convince me............if you weren't such a dick about it!!!!  ðŸ˜±ðŸ˜œðŸ˜˜ bwahahahahaha!!!!!!

Really, JK.  As the great poet of our time Billy Joel penned, Don't go changing..........I love you just the way you are!😎
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Flies....and honey and vinegar is all it really is.  

Matt may be less 'share and ponder' (what some might consider honey) than 'judge, preach, and edumacate' (vinegar) when it comes to political opinions/philosophy.......but I'm not sure he's looking to collect flies!

I'm no trumper but this one went right over my head...  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
MC2 5678F589 wrote
nepa wrote
I'd like to persuade you to be more precise in your feedback.

When I teach people how to ski, I don't say "try to be more athletic". I tell them which body parts are doing what, why that isn't working for them, what those body parts should be doing to achieve their intended turns, and how that would translate to better skiing performance.

"Be better" isn't really effective feedback.
Are you really asking for coaching on how to be more persuasive?

There is finesse involved.  Persuasiveness is an intangible concept... it's much different than turning a ski.  It can't be broken down into to procedural terms.  
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
Sorry, figured everyone knew the old adage about catching more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.  In this case meaning that Matt might win more people over to his political views with gentle persuasion than by more hostile confrontation.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by nepa

nepa wrote
There is finesse involved.  Persuasiveness is an intangible concept....
Okay, well here's some concrete advice for you on how to be more persuasive:

Don't call people names. It doesn't help you convince that person of anything.

You fucking arrogant know it all.

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
JTG4eva! wrote
In this case meaning that Matt might win more people over to his political views with gentle persuasion than by more hostile confrontation.
Haha, oops. Blew that up in about 2 seconds.

Need more honey, I guess.

Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Bleeding heart!!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Nah, I'll stick with honey.  I just pulled out a common description of the adage.  I don't think you are too hostile in your confrontation!

Now, a little judge-y and preach-y....we'll that might be another story 😜, but it's all good.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Oh yes, I remember that now.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In response to the violence in Charlottesville, VA, Obama tweeted a quote from Nelson Mandela's 1994 autobiography "Long Walk to Freedom" Saturday that said, "No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite."      
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MC2 5678F589 wrote

ml242 wrote
Trump is... really picking up steam with the dregs and race-baiters of our
society. Whenever a Jewish reporter posts something critical of him, real
trolls come out of the woodwork to post nazi-era meme's about Jews. I have a
fairly thick skin but seeing these cartoons bandied around makes me really
worry about Amerikkka and what the fuck I thought it was. I think Trump
himself might be humorous if he wasn't auditioning for the highest office in
the land, and instead this was a reality show for a new program... but I am
completely baffled that people can take him seriously while he provides
cover for complete racist turds. In additional to everything else.

Now back to your Hillary Trump mudslinging I guess.
Everyone with a brain saw this shit coming, and a bunch of people voted for Trump anyway. Good times.
MC would like us to believe he doesn't call people names yet every single chance he gets to call tRump voters stupid he does.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Little early in the morning for trolling, isn't it?

I didn't call them stupid.

I said they saw it coming and they voted for it anyway. Lots of people had opinions like this guy:

campgottagopee wrote
Yeah, Hillary is best for our Country all right. What a fuckin crook. No
better or worse than Trump.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
In response to the violence in Charlottesville, VA, Obama tweeted a quote from Nelson Mandela's 1994 autobiography "Long Walk to Freedom" Saturday that said, "No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite."

You bring up an excellent point. Let's take a look at why this happened. This violence erupted because we are going to remove a statue of General Robert E. Lee, a great southern General who's most known for his leadership during battle. If you know anything about him you would know he didn't want any monument erected in his name. He requested that it not be done. It wasn't until his death that these monuments were put up to honor his courage and leadership in battle. That was/is the original intent of these monuments. He was of poor means but the guy got lucky and married into money. It just so happened that his in-laws were slave owners. After their passing he inherited the slaves. It must be noted that he has reputation of being one nasty slave owner, not surprising given his military background. I'm thinking a General during war time is far from compassionate. At that time in our Country's history slavery was legal. Slavery didn't even start in our Country. But slavery certainly is a black eye in our Great Country's history. So now, by removing statues that have morphed into what they originally weren't meant to memorialize we are attempting to erase part of our Country's history. By taking flags away, statues away, that's what we are doing. Attempting to erase our Country's history. In this attempt to erase history people were killed. If we didn't take down a silly statue this never would've happened. If we're going to erase history then we need to STOP teaching about slavery, bigotry, racism, to our children in school. These kids would never even know it existed, Nepa has mentioned that several times and I agree with him.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Little early in the morning for trolling, isn't it?

I didn't call them stupid.

I said they saw it coming and they voted for it anyway. Lots of people had opinions like this guy:

campgottagopee wrote
Yeah, Hillary is best for our Country all right. What a fuckin crook. No
better or worse than Trump.
The hell you didn't! You do it every single chance you get. I'm not trolling, just trying to knock that halo off your head that you feel you deserve.

And I still stand by my words regarding Killary
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Wow.  Opinion changer. Just wow
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
. It wasn't until his death that these monuments were put up to honor his courage and leadership in battle. That was/is the original intent of these monuments. . .
This is a graph of when the Confederate monuments we're put up:

There were big spikes in monument creation precisely around the times that black people were demanding more rights. You think this is a coincidence?

The monuments have nothing to do with celebrating his "courage and leadership in battle", and everything to do with attempting to keep black people "in their place".