I only speak truth, Tonto
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Love and Fear

Face4Me
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
You bring up an excellent point. Let's take a look at why this happened. This violence erupted because we are going to remove a statue of General Robert E. Lee, a great southern General who's most known for his leadership during battle. If you know anything about him you would know he didn't want any monument erected in his name. He requested that it not be done. It wasn't until his death that these monuments were put up to honor his courage and leadership in battle. That was/is the original intent of these monuments. He was of poor means but the guy got lucky and married into money. It just so happened that his in-laws were slave owners. After their passing he inherited the slaves. It must be noted that he has reputation of being one nasty slave owner, not surprising given his military background. I'm thinking a General during war time is far from compassionate. At that time in our Country's history slavery was legal. Slavery didn't even start in our Country. But slavery certainly is a black eye in our Great Country's history. So now, by removing statues that have morphed into what they originally weren't meant to memorialize we are attempting to erase part of our Country's history. By taking flags away, statues away, that's what we are doing. Attempting to erase our Country's history. In this attempt to erase history people were killed. If we didn't take down a silly statue this never would've happened. If we're going to erase history then we need to STOP teaching about slavery, bigotry, racism, to our children in school. These kids would never even know it existed, Nepa has mentioned that several times and I agree with him.
When those protesting the removal of these monuments show up for these protests and leave their KKK robes, nazi flags and other symbols & signs of hatred at home, then maybe, I'll start to believe that this is what they're protesting for. The reality is, for the people pictured below, your statement above is simply a justification they are using for their hatred and racism.

By the way, unlike the photo you posted in the other thread, which was NOT from the Charlottesville protest, the one above is.

http://time.com/4899668/charlottesville-virginia-protest-officer-kkk-photo/
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
This post was updated on .
Yes, I read the article that goes with the photo I posted. It's from another protest that happened earlier this year in July.

To me the picture speaks volumes to what is good and what is bad in this country. In the article it states that people are trying paint this officer as a hero. He's quick to say he's not a hero, rather than he's doing his job in protecting the city he loves. This same officer is exactly who a kneeling NFL player is spitting in the face of by kneeling during the National Anthem.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Face4Me
I don't believe it to be oversimplification. It's seems to me to be fact that people would not have been killed if we weren't ripping down a stupid statue.

I was merely pointing out that this statue's original intent was not hate, but rather to honor leadership during war time. We morphed it into race. I agree that these hate groups have wrapped their arms around it and are running with it. It's the hate that needs to stop.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
No you dont. You cant handle the truth
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
ScottyJack wrote
No you dont. You cant handle the truth
Great movie
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
campgottagopee wrote
ScottyJack wrote
In response to the violence in Charlottesville, VA, Obama tweeted a quote from Nelson Mandela's 1994 autobiography "Long Walk to Freedom" Saturday that said, "No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite."

You bring up an excellent point. Let's take a look at why this happened. This violence erupted because we are going to remove a statue of General Robert E. Lee, a great southern General who's most known for his leadership during battle. If you know anything about him you would know he didn't want any monument erected in his name. He requested that it not be done. It wasn't until his death that these monuments were put up to honor his courage and leadership in battle. That was/is the original intent of these monuments. He was of poor means but the guy got lucky and married into money. It just so happened that his in-laws were slave owners. After their passing he inherited the slaves. It must be noted that he has reputation of being one nasty slave owner, not surprising given his military background. I'm thinking a General during war time is far from compassionate. At that time in our Country's history slavery was legal. Slavery didn't even start in our Country. But slavery certainly is a black eye in our Great Country's history. So now, by removing statues that have morphed into what they originally weren't meant to memorialize we are attempting to erase part of our Country's history. By taking flags away, statues away, that's what we are doing. Attempting to erase our Country's history. In this attempt to erase history people were killed. If we didn't take down a silly statue this never would've happened. If we're going to erase history then we need to STOP teaching about slavery, bigotry, racism, to our children in school. These kids would never even know it existed, Nepa has mentioned that several times and I agree with him.
Lee was a West Point Grad who was a TRAITOR to the United States, fought against the United States and fought on the side of slavery. He served 32 years for the USA before becoming a TRAITOR. He was not a recent West Point Grad where he might have not had the wisdom and experience to make his horrible decision. He knew what he was doing was wrong and dishonorable. Would you be ok if this current US Army General, Robert B. Abrams, a West Point Grad, decided to switch over to the Russians? You cannot for 1 second misunderstand that Lee was a TRAITOR and Lee knew he was a TRAITOR. That is why he did not want any statues erected to honor him.

Those statues were put up decades after the Civil War to remind the black population the Whites were "Still In Charge". This is the only historical reference, intimidation of the black population. Would you be ok if Germany started putting up statues to Hitler, Himmler, Goering, Goebbels, Eichmann, Heydrich, and Mengele around the country side and in town squares?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Lee also marched his army through Pennsylvania, capturing free black people and enslaving them.

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/state/2013/06/30/Confederates-slave-hunt-in-North-a-military-disgrace/stories/201306300221

These people are not protesting because they want to "preserve history". They are protesting because they are racists and they want to keep living in a country that condones that racism. Camp should stop providing cover for these people.
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Can you imagine if it was a group of black people who showed up heavily armed in the streets of Charlottesville,instead of a group of heavily armed white people?

How long would that have been allowed before shots were fired by law enforcement, or the National Guard was called in? Not long I bet. Body bags would have filled quickly.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
I'm not trying to provide cover for anyone, nice spin. I''m simply asking is it worth erasing history in this country to the extent that people will lose their lives? Nobody will answer that.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by billyymc
billyymc wrote
Can you imagine if it was a group of black people who showed up heavily armed in the streets of Charlottesville,instead of a group of heavily armed white people?

How long would that have been allowed before shots were fired by law enforcement, or the National Guard was called in? Not long I bet. Body bags would have filled quickly.
And if they did they would've been protected by the police just as the KKK were.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
In reply to this post by billyymc
They were ordered to stand down. The blood is on the hands of the mayor and the governor.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Johnnyonthespot wrote
They were ordered to stand down. The blood is on the hands of the mayor and the governor.
So, in your quest to figure out who to blame, instead of focusing on the actual Nazi who ran people over, you find two people who just so happen to be Democrats (and who were thwarted in their attempt to move the protest to a safer location by the courts). Amazing!

I think I'm done with these conversations today.

Camp, nepa, and Jonny are really putting the full court press on right now. Strange that they are going so hard to defend.... Something.... But I'm not sure what that something is...
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
campgottagopee wrote
billyymc wrote

And if they did they would've been protected by the police just as the KKK were.
BS Camp. No freakin way. If black people walked through public carrying guns like that, no way would they be protected by the police dude.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Billy, aren't you an L.E.O.? Are you saying that's what you would do? Maybe you're saying blacks behave differently than whites at protests?  
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Do you honestly think anyone here supports any of those hate groups? Holy fuck. If anything I'm guilty of not paying enough mind to them. I don't pay much mind to blm either, but I sure as hell am not going to a blm rally. The justice department is getting after it. That retard will probably skate the death penalty because he was on psychotropic medication. (A topic for another day) Hopefully he gets at least life.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Billy, aren't you an L.E.O.? Are you saying that's what you would do? Maybe you're saying blacks behave differently than whites at protests?
Nope, not LEO.

You and Camp both know exactly what I'm saying. Black people marching through public with guns will get treated differently than white people marching through the public with guns. Deny if you want, but you'll be wrong.