1 ... 15161718192021
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Objectivity

campgottagopee
billyymc wrote
campgottagopee wrote
what are your thoughts on the General's message here.
Strong, unequivocal, inspiring, inclusive.

http://www.af.mil/About-Us/Biographies/Display/Article/108604/major-general-jay-b-silveria/

Pretty darn impressive individual.
My thoughts exactly

I wish this video was required to be shown in every school across the Country.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
campgottagopee wrote
billyymc wrote
campgottagopee wrote

http://www.af.mil/About-Us/Biographies/Display/Article/108604/major-general-jay-b-silveria/

My thoughts exactly

and every state legislature, too. This guy has the answer.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
x10003q wrote
campgottagopee wrote
billyymc wrote
campgottagopee wrote

My thoughts exactly

and every state legislature, too. This guy has the answer.
YES. HE. DOES.

Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by tjf1967
Sorry tj, my bad.  You merely implied that Smith is a good QB, and better than Kap.  Which, of course, he clearly is.  Well, unless you are MC, and you need to make some specious argument, for argument’s sake!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
JTG4eva! wrote
Sorry tj, my bad.  You merely implied that Smith is a good QB, and better than Kap.  Which, of course, he clearly is.  Well, unless you are MC, and you need to make some specious argument, for argument’s sake!
Alex Smith got benched for Kap, so it's possible that I'm not the only one who thinks that (and it's possible that you don't know as much about football as you think you do).
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Hey, I never claimed to know all that much about football.  

Some things are just painfully obvious.....
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Yes they are...
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Hey, I never claimed to know all that much about football.  
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

JTG4eva! wrote
Me thinks MC should stick to things he is better at pretending he knows something about, instead of sports! 😜
If you look at the 9ers run up to the Super Bowl in the 2012 season, other than adding his unconventional ability to run (not the usual QB greatness measure).....Kap did very little of note, other than manage games and not screw things up.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Yeah, I do know some things, and I’m happy to share.....but where did I claim that I think I know all that much about football?  🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

I did claim that you DON’T know much about football, which is obvious from your blathering about parity in the NFL and Kap’s quality as a signal caller!😜
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I think you need to look back at what I said and what you said during this conversation. It didn't go like you think it did.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Hind sight being 20/20 I think everyone feels it was a bad idea. I thought it was then. He went out with a concussion and never got his job back.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Perhaps not, MC.  Perhaps not.

I thought it went a little something like this:

Out of some.......interesting.....compulsion to stand up for Kap (maybe, I guess, because of his unique confluence of self serving protest and mediocre quarterbacking skills, combined with your need to present an argument, any argument ) you imply that Kap is a better quarterback than Smith, largely because Kap led the 49ers to a Super Bowl.  I refute that ridiculous notion with a few facts, figures, and some anecdotal evidence, never professing to be any NFL expert, all while you try and confuscate and misdirect.....thereby proving the lack of objectivity that was the subject of this thread!

I’m sure you’ll let me know where I went wrong in my read.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by tjf1967
....and Smith went out with that concussion in the midst of an 8-2-1 season, having (statistically) one of the best seasons by a QB ever.  Only four other QBs have finished a season with a completion percentage of 70% and a QB rating greater than 104.  The only one not in the Hall, yet, is Brady!  Harbaugh wanted a Franchise Quarterback, which Smith had never demonstrated himself to be to that point in his career, so Harbaugh ignored the incredible success the 49ers were having with Smith under Harbaugh’s system to swing for the fences with Kap when he got the opening.  We all know how long both Harbaugh and Kap lasted in San Fran!

Smith will never be a HoF QB.  However, as MC pointed out, the teams he has led have been incredibly successful in KC under Reid’s system, just like they were incredibly successful in SF under Harbaugh’s system.  Dink, dunk and game manage as he may, along with making a few plays.....Smith has led incredibly successful teams since Harbaugh took over the 49ers in 2011.  That says a little something about the quarterback I think.....reaching a level of success Kap couldn’t attain under the same system.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
JTG4eva! wrote
Smith will never be a HoF QB.  However, as MC pointed out, the teams he has led have been incredibly successful in KC under Reid’s system, just like they were incredibly successful in SF under Harbaugh’s system.  Dink, dunk and game manage as he may, along with making a few plays...
I'm really sick of you guys coming around to my exact argument after days of posts saying different things.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I like how you conveniently left out the part of the quote that deals with Smith being a good QB, and better than Kap.  I’d say that’s......interesting, but it’s really just tired.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I'm tired of this conversation, too, if that makes you feel better.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
I’m tired of the Futból Americano, and our country’s obsession with it in general.  So reading some dudes cunting up a perfectly good polarizing political thread on a regional skiing message board with their unintelligible half-formed opinions of the Kaepernick era is especially tiresome. 🍺
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Witch hobble ftw!  The only worse than dudes agruing about football is dudes agruing about golf
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
It really was never about the football, but ‘nuff said.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
1 ... 15161718192021